Whole face should be visible
16% (8 votes)
Let women chose
62% (31 votes)
I dont know
2% (1 vote)
Total votes: 50

This is really weird.

What can women do to get men to look away?

Saudi men say they find girls too attractive
even in the veil that leaves only the eye visible!!

Jesus!

BBC: Saudi cleric favours one-eye veil

The two-eyed look remains too seductive for Sheikh Habadan

A Muslim cleric in Saudi Arabia has called on women to wear a full veil, or niqab, that reveals only one eye.

Sheikh Muhammad al-Habadan said showing both eyes encouraged women to use eye make-up to look seductive.

The question of how much of her face a woman should cover is a controversial topic in many Muslim societies.

The niqab is more common in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf, but women in much of the Muslim Middle East wear a headscarf which covers only their hair.

Sheikh Habadan, an ultra-conservative cleric who is said to have wide influence among religious Saudis, was answering questions on the Muslim satellite channel al-Majd.

Give your views.

Should girls eyes be hidden?

Can you imagine women walking around in Britain with only one eye.

Afhgan men, ofcourse, have invented "THE BURKA" which covers
everything, both eyes, the lot.

You cant see anything whatsoever.

Saudis will no doubt try to copy that eventually.

What do you think?

One eyes or two?

Omrow wrote:

What the Shaykh does not realise that (most) Men will always find women attractive. One eye, two, whole face, whatever.

Its up to the guy to control himself.

I have heard that back in the day there used to be Non Muslim women who use to walk around bare breasted. The Muslims were urged to lower their gaze.

Why is it that I have no faith in Muslim scholars as a whole being competent in any way shape or form?

Idealism gone mad is plain evil.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

wednesday wrote:

This should be in the males only forum...

Why?

I think it is vitally important for man's health
to give women a voice. They know more than us.

I vote its up to the woman to either show her eyes or not.

Blink Blink.

s.b.f wrote:

I vote its up to the woman to either show her eyes or not.

Blink Blink.

Was that blink with one eye?

Some will find one eye seductive as well, some men are easily pleased!

Err....Well the man should control himself!

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

You wrote:
Omrow wrote:

What the Shaykh does not realise that (most) Men will always find women attractive. One eye, two, whole face, whatever.

Its up to the guy to control himself.

I have heard that back in the day there used to be Non Muslim women who use to walk around bare breasted. The Muslims were urged to lower their gaze.

Why is it that I have no faith in Muslim scholars as a whole being competent in any way shape or form?

Idealism gone mad is plain evil.

I SO agree!
as a woman, you CANNOT win!
covered or not, guys will always stare!

Omrow wrote:
wednesday wrote:

This should be in the males only forum...

Why?

I think it is vitally important for man's health
to give women a voice. They know more than us.

ok I officially like you now

not in that way obviously!
but u know

Maybe I should remove this pic
I wouldnt want some weird guys getting turned on from this one eye
not that its my eye btw

{seraph turns to Saudi guy}

"Oh control yaar!"

Lol

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

"Oh control yaar!"

Lol

u can chat! Blum 3 and yaar is an asian thing :roll:

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

"Oh control yaar!"

Lol

Yes i can chat... and so can you. Its a beautiful thing.

And since i am asian its ok for me to use.

Dirol

Back in BLACK

It's not just about control, but also about expectations.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The reality is that men are going to look whatever, but at least with Hijab they give you more respect.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Seraphim wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

"Oh control yaar!"

Lol

Yes i can chat... and so can you. Its a beautiful thing.

And since i am asian its ok for me to use.

Dirol

Does "ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE" mean nothing to you?! Blum 3

and sorry yaar i ddnt read that comment in a freshie voice before and was just like "why's he callin a saudi "yaar"?!" cuz it sounds weird lol but now i understand Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The Lamp wrote:
The reality is that men are going to look whatever, but at least with Hijab they give you more respect.

Spot on.

The lamp was made to shine.

wednesday wrote:
I'm sorry Fifi... but Freshie voice?

Freshie accent then

Does "ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE" mean nothing to you?! Blum 3

Of course not, since you never exercise the power of silence.

Guys are always gonna look... its just the way they are. But women need to understand

1) It doesnt mean theyre gonna do anything.
2) It doesnt mean they're gonna even remember you in 5mins time.
3) If women are gonna dress to impress then they are gonna be looked at. Which is just down to them being attention seekers really.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Of course not, since you never exercise the power of silence.

Lol i wouldnt say never :/ :roll:

HIJAB/NIQAB IS WOMENS CHOICE!- ITS THE NIYAT!

SOME WOMEN FEEL THEY HAV BEAUTIFUL EYES:
---> THEY FEEL THE NEED 2 COVER/CONCEAL THEIR BEAUTY WITH NIQAB.

SOME WOMEN FEEL THEY R UGLY:
---> USE NIQAB 2 B ATTRACTIVE (E.G. WHERE NIQAB & MAKE EYES ATTRACTIVE WITH MAKEUP)

BASICALLY, ITS ALL ABOUT THE WOMEN - HOW SHE FEELS ABOUT HER BODY, DETERMINES THE AMOUNT SHE WILL OR WILL NOT COVER UP.

- O ALLAH MAKE US PIOUS WOMEN THAT USE THE HIJAB/NIQAB AND NOT ABUSE IT! AMEEN.

Well I think it's up 2 the Women wearing the Hijab & whether she's comfortable with one eye , both eyes, or even just the Hair covered !

wednesday wrote:
wednesday wrote:
I'm sorry Fifi... but Freshie voice?

Freshie accent then

Naughty fifi!

:oops:

well Seraphim said it!lol and dont u remember someone said that they read all posts on the forums wiv a "freshie accent" (i dnt remember who that sumone was i think it was Ya'qub Smile ) lol

Now that ive gone off-topic i should post a comment actually relating to the topic
So i voted for "let women choose" simply cuz if Allah swt has given everyone freedom and choice then no one else should make anyone do anything. they should only advise them.

You wrote:
It's not just about control, but also about expectations.

it may not be just about control but still, its like they want to control the women by making them do whatever they tell them to and also its like they're worried they wont be able to control themselves and their desires so they want the women to help them work around their rather than sort it out themselves. or something.

what expectations?

Seraphim wrote:

3) If women are gonna dress to impress then they are gonna be looked at. Which is just down to them being attention seekers really.

Maybe they just want to look and feel good about themselves.

At Muslimah_Traveller: I dont wanna sound rude or anything but can u please not write whole messages in CAPs, its really irritating Fool

This is REALLY interesting!

^_^

But actually that's so selfish of men to say : 'i find her attractive, she should cover up'
he shouldn't LOOK.

It's not like they're completely uncontrollable and have no control

They should take SOME responsibility

Rather pathetic imo.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
This is REALLY interesting!

^_^

But actually that's so selfish of men to say : 'i find her attractive, she should cover up'
he shouldn't LOOK.

It's not like they're completely uncontrollable and have no control

They should take SOME responsibility

Rather pathetic imo.

i totally agree with you! i dont know about everyone but i tried niqaab for a day and it was too much for me!
i dont see why i have to cover my eyes so males dont look at me! Besides women will always want to look nice.

Going back on to this topic, but would following that shaykh's edict be considered Bid'ah? HE is enforcing, or wanting to enforce more than what was laid down in Islam.

I would like to know what his opinion of the ihram is - women's faces must be uncovered in the state of ihram for Umrah/hajj.

You wrote:
Going back on to this topic, but would following that shaykh's edict be considered Bid'ah? HE is enforcing, or wanting to enforce more than what was laid down in Islam.

I would like to know what his opinion of the ihram is - women's faces must be uncovered in the state of ihram for Umrah/hajj.

Saudis and bi'dah...

what can I say?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

assalamu alaikum,

this is ollllllld news, i think its extremism. Whilst I agree women wearing makeup with hijab (i.e covered from head to toe only hands face showing) or niqab is defeating the purpose of the hijab as it's supposed to "conceal" a womans attractions or any adornments, i think it's extremism to say a women should now effectively lose the eye sight Allah (swt) blessed her with so she can navigate her way around? These scholars need to put some onus on men where are their responsiblities to their creator?

Exercise some self control, I suggest these men who cannot control their sexual urges start fasting, and beg of Allah to give them an iota of the modesty our prophet (Saw) had. Address your weakenesses brothers rather than making the woman the "cause" of all your problems.

As for ihram, a woman is not supposed to cover her face but there is evidence that if there is fear of sin, especially for women who usually cover their faces, the face can be covered so long as the fabric does not touch the face. Hence when you go for pilgrimage you can find these funny caps that have a veil draped over designed to not touch the face. Even with this measure it could due to weather or pushing and shoving, so these women should pay compensation to cover for this sin to ensure their pilgrimage is correct.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:

As for ihram, a woman is not supposed to cover her face but there is evidence that if there is fear of sin, especially for women who usually cover their faces, the face can be covered so long as the fabric does not touch the face. Hence when you go for pilgrimage you can find these funny caps that have a veil draped over designed to not touch the face. Even with this measure it could due to weather or pushing and shoving, so these women should pay compensation to cover for this sin to ensure their pilgrimage is correct.

What does ihram mean?

Pages