Aalim Online??

Who watches this guy on Geo TV?

[img]

Some members of my family seem to be really impressed and bowled over by him. At first I thought he was just some really camp TV scholar. But he turns out to be one controversial geezer.

He is Dr. Aamir Liaquat. But apparently he purchased his phd from an online 'university'.

He is junior Minister for Religious Affairs in Pakistan.

He is a member of MQM.

He is accused of trying to 'modernise' and 'Turk-ify' Islam.

He has earned the wrath of the MMA.

He has been mobbed by an angry crowd.

He has had death threats against himself.

Musharraff is a big fan.

My family is particularly impressed with his naats.

My own views of the contents of his programme are limited by my grasp of Urdu.

his face says it all.........looks very dodgy. i'll probz tune in once to see what hes about

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

My dad loves listening to him….

I think its cos he speaks this sweet, posh Urdu….the guy pulls out these Urdu lyrics which impresses my dad.

In his programme he always invites a Sunni/conservative Imam and a Shia Imam. People call up and they both answer the question…..

He knows his stuff and is an eloquent speaker….and he has a good naat voice as well.

If his programme is ever on…dad makes us all watch it.

Wasalaam

I didnt knw about the controversies mentioned by irfghan but his programme is really popular in pakistan. Basically he is a host and as MuslimSis mentioned he has Muslim Alim and Shia Scholar and they answer questions according to their understandings.

Yeh, because he is urdu-speaking ppl can be easily impressed by his accent and expressions but in pak they not so fussed just cos he speaks a different urdu cos the ones who came from india spk differnt to us anyway so its no big deal there.

Him being MQM, is extremely dodgy. They are trouble causers and corrupt and run the underworld in karachi and are almost like invaders. I got big problem with MQM.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

his Urdu puts me off

i dont like posh sounding Urdu

dad makes me watch this programme

i find it boring

I listened to him once.

I never got around to the content bit, as this is how he speaks (my translation):

I............................................................

am..................................................
(breathe slowly)...............................
presenting..................................
(smile).........................................
(breathe)..................................
this..............................................

I think you get it.

I thought it was a spoof comedy programme.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yeh my dad goes he does a lot of shoo shoo which by us means he does a lot of acting and drama.but still its an ok programme

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

mum alwayz watches alim online and thinks he talks really good.she even told my khala about it that his talks are nice...but me and sis hate the way he talks propa takes his time and the tone of his voice.
whats MQM?

MQM.

Political party in Pakistan.

Supposedly represents Muslims who came over from India during the partition.

Big in Sindh, inc. Karachi.

Accused of terrorism, violence etc.

Part of the coalition gov at present.

That face looks very famaliar but cnt say i rember hearin the guy must have been cuz he wsnt effective!

Is MQM not a separatist party that wants a separate country around Karachi?

They are supposedly involved bigtime in internal terrorism, alot of the sectarian violence being becoz of them.

But that is just hearsay.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Is MQM not a separatist party that wants a separate country around Karachi?

I don't know. Though I doubt it. But they may have toyed with the idea.

Maybe you can do a bit of research Admin. See what you come up with.

...A BBC search no doubt Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

as far as i am aware mqm dont have ideas to form a seperate state in pak. The problem with MQM lot is that they think that because they emigrated to Pakistan at partition that they somehow deserve brilliant housing and should be treated as saviours of the nation. This is due to the fact that the indian muslims who did migrate to pakistan were mainly educated ones who could afford it. They left india, leaving behind white collar jobs i think theyr called, and came to pakistan with an extremely arrogant attitude. They openly said we will never do constructino work or build roads but will only accept jobs in banks and business.

The MQM were formed on purely the lines that they were emigrants and were patronised by Raees Amrohwi, a shia. mqm regularly engage in intimdation tactics and run the underworld in karachi. Last time i went karachi few of my relatives were owed money buy a muhajir boy who went college with them. The muhajir boy refused to pay the money and after my aunty investigated we found out that this guy and his family were muhajir and that the muhajir mohalla where they lived was famous for their fraudie activities.

anyway after MQM were formed a reactoin by the punjabis and pathan in sindh was to form PPI Pathan Punjabi Ittehad. These two groups caused bgi problems in karachi but particularly mqm and then after these two groups the indigenous sindhi pop made Sindhi Mohaz. Resulting in serious conflicts in karachi on mere ethnic,linguistic lines.

It should be noted that Raees Amrohwi, the patron of MQM, wrote in Daily Jang sometime in September 86 (might be 85) that Pakistan does not exist as one nation but is rather made of five seperate nations - sindhis, baluchis, pathan, punjabi and muhajir. The result of his article was anti-pakistan and challenged the nations unity; at the same time t inflamed the ethnic feelings amongst th pakistani people which resulted in different regional and provincial organisations at one becoming active adn generated much animosty and hatred between the previously unified people.

This Raees Amrohwi was shia and his article, subsequent patronising of MQM caused major corruption in pakistan.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i am from Karachi and i know this man very well he is the holder of fake certificates and is the Federal Minister,but is a big jerk and a lunatic creep,really he is mentally ill and is probably one of the most corrupted ministers and is the right arm of Altaf hussain(he is a bigger jerk),hes a true charlatan.Infact every one ( people that i know)hate this man.He was also hospitalized when was beaten by students as he was considered the master mind in killing of a MUFTI.

THANX

HELP! i've fallen and i can't....................HEY nice carpet!

Altaf Hussain is an idiot

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
Altaf Hussain is an idiot

dont know i thing about these guyz

altaf hussain is the leader of mqm. If I am not mistaken he sits in london and because its not safe for him back home. He orders riots and fasad etc in karachi when things dont go his way. He is a really nasty piece of work.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Asalamualaikum!

I watched him once 4 bout 5-10mins after dat i culdnt stand it so i changed the channel.

He seems lil dodgy 2 me too.

My uncle luvs him probably coz of the urdu Lol even though wen i asked him afterwards wat he on bout, he disnt no n sed i cant rememba.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

Salam

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
his face says it all.........looks very dodgy...

What does that suppose to mean ?

Judging a book by its cover ?

Even though you dont wear the helmet, perhaps I should look at you differently after reading your first name ?

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
his face says it all.........looks very dodgy...

What does that suppose to mean ?

it means what i said....he luks very sinister and well....creepy. wouldnt let him near my kids, put it that way

"Omrow" wrote:

Even though you dont wear the helmet, perhaps I should look at you differently after reading your first name ?

Perhaps

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ