Astrology

Salaam,

Just wondered if anyne knew the answers to the following questions:

Does islam accept the so called "science of the stars"?

Is there any truth in star signs - capricorn, virgo, taurus etc

What does islam say about fortune telling?

Basically what I want to know is whether Islam says it is possible to learn these things and secondly is we are allowed to use them.

Thanks in advanc for your help guys and gals

Salaam.

PS - if you were wondering potatoes really are good for you.

its completely haram cos its shirk

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Unless you are diabetic...

I do not know too much about this stars and fortune telling stuff, so I will not cast judgement, but I would think it is not allowed.

(Believing that the constellations/planets are gods definitely is shirk.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

So does islam acknowledge astrology as a science?

Even though we are not allowed to use this to tell us about future events?

uve got me this time batman, but i'll be bak

ahhqwack qwack qwack

what is this "science" behind astrology that you are talking about?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Do you mean astrology like : your star signs etc or astronomy as in the studying of the universe?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"aloo" wrote:
Salaam,

Is there any truth in star signs - capricorn, virgo, taurus etc

wsalaam
most definitely not. How can a mere mortal predict your future? Its just a scam to make money.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Theres a difference between Astronomy and Astrology; which one are you really talking about?

The study of the movement of stars (astronomy) was done and used in predicting the beginning of months and seasons (Ramadan) as well as for navigation.
Astrology however is considered to be haram. As knowledge of the unseen is only known to Allah (swt). Its no different than sorcery and fortune telling. And we all know how muslims feel about sorcery & fortune telling.

On the other hand i regularly read the horoscopes in the paper on my way into Uni. They used to make me laugh as they never came true.

Back in BLACK

Sorry for the late reply guys- computer issues!!!

I was talking about astrolgy- people predicting your future.

My mum(5 times a day namzi) reckons it is do-able. I.e. these people can predict the future. But it is haraam to actually use it.

So what I want to know does islam recognise it as being possible?
I understand that it is haraam to use fortune tellers etc.

Jazakallah for your help.

ahhqwack qwack qwack

Are you on about fakeers? My mum is a believer in those ppl. The last time we went Pakistan the fakeer according to my mum predicted her past correctly.
Firstly what use is it knowing about your past, it has already happened and secondly he could have gotten that info from anyone in our village. My mum is soooo gullible.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I didnt mean fakeers but its a gd example.

Does islam say they have, what can i call it?, talent?
Are they able to correctly tell you about your past- does islam say a human is able to this?

ahhqwack qwack qwack

The answer to your question is no. Islam says its all bs.

My dad dragged me to one in Pakistan. And his predictions about me were sooo vague and he could have easily have put it togeather from what my dad had already told him.

Its all smoke and mirrors mate. Slight of hand and distractions.

There is no truth in their abilities.

Back in BLACK

I reckon its more cultural with the sub-continental asians.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

ok thanks guys.

I thought as much.

Just wanted to clarify before I told my mum the truth!

ahhqwack qwack qwack