organ donation

Asalam Walikum

Is this actually allowed in Islam?

Islam states that you should try to preserve life.

Does this include donating while you are still alive ie a kidney or when you are dead the more vital organs to survive ie the heart?

Are we not playing God by donating our organs?

If it is permitted in Islam would anybody ever consider donating?

Jazakallah x

from what i read, u can whilst you're alive but not once you're dead. but don't quote me on it, i'm probably wrong.

No, we are not "playing God".

Anything God does not will will not happen.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

am sure its not allowed in islam
i researched this once and i read that if u donate a kidney or watever
when you rise on judgemnt day you have a whole in ur body where the organ was suposd to be
you body is a gift from god and not urs
so you have no right to donate it
the only thing you are alowed is blood

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Thats riddiculous.

How can it be allowed to donate blood but not organs? We could just as easily say the blood is not yours either and therefore not for you to give away.

As far as im aware; organ transplant is allowed both before and after death. Ofcourse there are conditions. The donor must be a consenting adult with sound mind to make the decision. They must not do it under pressure, and it must not be a vital organ.
Its also allowed after death too as long as the deceased had consented to it (in a will or something) or if the deceased next of kin consents.

Back in BLACK

There are some scholars who say the body is not your, so you cannot donate.

But I have not heard a scholar (or it be said about one) to make the playing God argument.

I personally go on the side of it being not only allowed, but a good thing to do. I think there is also a shortage of organs that are of the right blood types for asians.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Here is an answer from Sunnipath.com. It is answered by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari. He avoids answering one way or the other but says the issue is debated.

Quote:
... the majority of the Indo/Pak scholars hold the view that organ transplantation can not be deemed permissible due to the harms and ill effects of it overcoming the potential benefits

According to almost all of the major Arab scholars and also some contemporary Indo/Pak scholars, the transplantation and donation of human-organs would be permissible subject to certain conditions.

Therefore, one may follow any of the above two viewpoints, as they are both from great scholars of Islam. If one acts on the view of permissibility, then it would be advisable, as a precautionary measure, to seek forgiveness from Allah (istigfar) and donate something in charity.

Do click on the link and read it all.

"Seraphim" wrote:
Thats riddiculous.

no its not
ur blood will eventually come back
but your oragans wont grow back

since musical instruments are seen as haram by many scholars, and especially considering their association with Christianity, I wouldn't suggest owning organs in the first place, let alone donating them to someone else.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"You" wrote:

Anything God does not will will not happen.

so what your trying to say is that if mankind does something it is a result of God making us do it? Therefore we are determined and not free willed?

"Seraphim" wrote:
The donor must be a consenting adult with sound mind to make the decision. They must not do it under pressure, and it must not be a vital organ.
Its also allowed after death too as long as the deceased had consented to it (in a will or something) or if the deceased next of kin consents.

lol that made me laugh. Not at what you written but the way you have written it.

I think with organ donation its difficult to say whether one can donate or not coz back in the days they didnt have anything like this. Organ donation is a modern phenomenon.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
Thats riddiculous.

no its not
ur blood will eventually come back
but your oragans wont grow back

wht about when ur dead u dont need them so others might

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

yh but whoe has the right to give them?
u dont own your own organs
allah does

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
yh but whoe has the right to give them? u dont own your own organs allah does
you dont own ur own money, should u donate that? u dont own ur own food, should u donate that?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

organ donation leads to people being saved surely that is a worthy cause for allah swt im not sure but i think it should be acceptable
unles of course u give it to an alcoholic who jus throws his liver away nd carries on drinking with the new 1

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...