Things you have been wrong about

This is kind of a permutation of MuslimSisters what'd ya learn today thread - I am recently under the impression it's kind of a good idea to recognize that you've changed your opinion on something for the better and believe something different... so what is something you have been wrong about?

I'd say I was wrong about marrying young... I thought it was not a good idea to marry before 27 but I was wrong. I'm under the impression now that even though there should be a minimum I dunno what that is (but I've got a rough idea there is something to be said for being married young because you get to grow up together and it's a different (in a good way) dynamic.

I was also wrong about sarcasm, it's not funny or clever it's just rude and obnoxious.

I am probably wrong about many things.

Thing is I normally do not pay enough attention to keep count.

Sarcasm can be rude and abnoxious, but not always.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I guess sometimes a right decision

made for the wrong reasons

is still a wrong decision.

Back in BLACK

i hate 2 admit it, but the more sure i am about something to start off with, the more wrong i end up being

ive probobaly been wrong about a few hundred things just in the past month Sad

here's a cuple:

its right to interfere in others lives becoz u think they're straying (no it's not, take a look at ma own lyf)

everything can be sorted by shoving it under the carpet (no it can't, whether u like it or not, u've got to confront it someday)

its ok 2 lash owt on others once in a while to make urself feel better (no it isn't, especially when they do the same)

i don't care what everyone thinks (infact i actually do, more den id like to let on)

n oh yeh....blak hair suits me (i think NOT!)

Biggrin

i really was gifted with the talent of being wrong wern't i... :evil:

oh yeh, i 4got 1....

if ne1 says they love ya, be polite n take it in ur stride (HELL NO, give them a slap n tell them 2 wake up) Biggrin

It’s hard to admit being wrong…it takes a bigger person to admit this.

I’ve been proven wrong many, many times….mostly regarding what people are like. I often put people on such a high pedestal and then later realise that I was wrong to think so highly of them (and vice versa at times).

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said that we should ‘love moderately for the one we love may be the one we hate tomorrow and we should hate moderately for the one we hate today may be the one we love tomorrow’…(Parapharased).

I used to say that I’d “never in a million years work in an area/place where I’d be the only Muslim/Asian girl”…..but after I was proven wrong about such area’s…all the jobs I’ve applied to so far have been predominantly English/non Muslim area’s.

I used to think that teaching in an ‘Islamic schools is the ONLY career route for me, cos that’s the ONLY way I can work for Islam’….however, now I think I can do more for Islam in a public school…

I also used to think that I’d be OK about leaving my friends and family and living abroad indefinitely….but that isn’t the case anymore.

I’ve also changed my priorities around so many time in the last few years…I had a certain vision of my future when I was 18…now four years down the line, I want something else…this made me realise that I shouldn’t set my ambitions in stone...cos I have no control over my feelings/wants and what life has in store for me.

Quote:
I had a certain vision of my future when I was 18…now four years down the line, I want something else

OMG that just made me think of how I was like when I was 18.

I never in a million years thought 'd ever believe in God let alone be a practicing Muslim

alhamdulillah

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"BabyD" wrote:
i really was gifted with the talent of being wrong wern't i... :evil:

Theres nothing wrong with being wrong my friend :--p it simply means that we're human after all :--)

..and its a talent to recognise when you are wrong about things - as you do - not everyone is able to do so.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

im very very rarely wrong

in fact im often right

even at the start when evryone see's the good point in sumin

im the first to see the bad thing

and then sooner or later im proved right Dirol

you clever girl lilsis!

me well i'm nearly always wrong but it never stops me from fighting till the bitter end right or wrong

I had a maths exam today.

The lady at the test centre couldnt find my name on the list. I was adament that I booked it for today. I was getting so annoyed as I spent ALL week revising...I just wanted the stupid thing over with.

I said to her 'Look, I'll show you my confirmation email, which'll clearly show you that my exam is for TODAY - the 24th of March'.

She told me that today's the 23rd.

:oops:

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I had a maths exam today.

The lady at the test centre couldnt find my name on the list. I was adament that I booked it for today. I was getting so annoyed as I spent ALL week revising...I just wanted the stupid thing over with.

I said to her 'Look, I'll show you my confirmation email, which'll clearly show you that my exam is for TODAY - the 24th of March'.

She told me that today's the 23rd.

:oops:

lol

Back in BLACK

So you got that tomorrow then?

good luck. Not that you'll be needing it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
So you got that tomorrow then?

good luck. Not that you'll be needing it.

Actually, luckily she was a nice lady...and most probably used to scatter minded students.

She told me to hang around...and if she gets a cancellation she'll put me through.

I sat my exam later on today and passed it. Biggrin

(I was third time lucky :oops: )

Salaam

My carnal self spun a lie for my intellect. While my intellect was busied. My carnal self bolted. These couplets from The Qasidah Burda Shareef explain why I was wrong:

"Do not try to censure carnal desires by indulging them a little bit.
Verily a taste of that which you crave only increases the desire!"

later on in the same section:

"And if your carnal self and the devil approach you as honest advocates
Reject their advice! For in all honesty you know they only advocate for one another"

So yeah, stay away from the cookie jar if you haven't got the milk to wash them down.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I was driving in the dark and made some comment about the 'Uncle' in the car ahead, who drives like a 'rudeboy' and thinks he's so 'bad'...and just cos he drives a benz and I drive a banger, he thinks I should give him way.

He did have right of way which I didnt give him.

The 'uncle' turned out to be 'daddy' and I got a lecture on my driving. :oops:

One of my students didn’t like ‘Mozlems’ and didn’t like the ‘stupid thing they wore on their head’.

She’d bully the other Muslim girls in my class cos they wore headscarfs. I was warned about her, but it cos I had so much going on…I quickly forgot she had such extreme views, I didn’t draw any light on the issue and treated her like I treat all other children in my class.

I only worked with her for two months, and in our leaving do today…the little sweety was hugging me, crying her eyes out and apologising for ‘hating my type of people’ - she wouldnt leave. Her dad had to pry her off me.

Its always nice to prove people wrong. Especially when you dont really do anything.

Im a very honest person and ive been wrong to be too honest... i know honesty is the best policy... however tact is the best way to put forward honesty and i have been guilty of being tactlessly honest in the past!!!