state v private education

state schools v private schools!!

I can't seem to decide what to do. My hubby is all for taking our son out of the state system and into a private school!
But I'm not too keen as I spend alot of time with him doing school related work. i send him to kumon and we have an english tutor come round once a week.

I would like to put it off till he's in year 3 at least!!

Is there alot of pressure on the kids at private schools?
HELP! I need advice!

he's in year one!

Cons of Private Education

Very expensive.
Can be full of snobs.
Totally unnecessary for young children.
Tuition and extra help from parents can achieve the same effect.
The “hot house” treatment (giving children OTT work 24/7 to achieve high standards) can result in stressed out young kids…. “all work and no play…”

Pros of Private Education

You get a clever kid…more likely to become a doctor/lawyer etc
You child will become a lot “classier” in regards to his speech/way he dresses/behaviour etc..unlike the “common public school kid”

The above are all loose generalisations.

I’ve been to both types of school. IMO there’s good and bad in both type of school which are about equal.

Personally, I wouldnt sent my child to a private school (unless I was loaded) but even then...it def would not be during primary school.

[color=indigo][b]I would go for state schools. Aslong as your child works hard and aslong as you help and support him with his work it doesn't really matter where he goes. Is your husband wanting to send him to a private school because he's most likely to do better there? That's not the case, what if he hates it there and doesn't fit in? I say keep him at his current school, see how he does and if he likes it and is doing well, then keep him there and if not, transfer him to a private school. [/b][/color]

If private education is an option, it is probably best. Either type of schooling is bound to have its hazards but private is usually a better education.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

the hypocritical new labour politicians always send their pampered lil brats to private schools, then tell the rest of us plebs that we gotta send our kids to run down local comprehensives…

i hate new labour….

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

private education..........ok..............as long my son doesn't go all 'la di da'!!!

live and let live!!!!!!!