Need/Want

we dicussed this n uni today

what is NEED? and what is a WANT?

whats the diff btw the two

what can u not live without

how dependent r u of material things

if u have to live a couple of standards lower than how ur living now-cud u hack it?

how have needs/wants changed over the last 50years

how dependent are needs/wants to ppl's situations?

I might not WANT to slap a woman across the face.

But I might NEED to do that.

Naughty girl.

salaam
LOL Lol
Thats like saying

You might not WANT a brain omrow, but you NEED one!!

We covered that in business studies.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
we dicussed this n uni today

what is NEED? and what is a WANT?

whats the diff btw the two

what can u not live without

how dependent r u of material things

if u have to live a couple of standards lower than how ur living now-cud u hack it?

how have needs/wants changed over the last 50years

how dependent are needs/wants to ppl's situations?

Need is someting you require i.e. something like food/water, basic neccessities in order to live.

Want is something that one desires.

At times I am always in two minds thinking do i need this thing or do i want it. For example the other day I brought a handbag which I didnt need but then again I had to match it with my dress and I had no white handbag to go with it so to me it seemed it was a need, if that makes sense.

In regards to living in lower standards, when i went to Pak (in the village) I just couldn't survive (and only stayed there for one day!), I just felt I wana go back home, so in a way I do need the standards according to UK.

It's not hard defining the two but at times people do pretend just to justify why they are buying something.

lol Sadhia - good one Lol

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
We covered that in business studies.

yeh i did that in buisness too

and omro-wer u been hiding

sadia just put u in ur place which proves that

u may not WANT a woman to shut u up and keep u in ur place but u DEF NEED one

That reminds me of the technology we have now.

In our grandparents (and maybe parents) time, mobile phones & the internet wasn't invented but they survived.

How many of us couldn't live without our mobile phones & the internet?....it's like a NEED nowadays.

I don’t think I could live without love, security, peace of mind, my books, my family and the internet…

But when it comes to wants….I want pretty much everything.

[color=magenta]i cant live without water,food and oxygen[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i cant live without water,food and oxygen[/color]

OMG! Reallly???!!!!

WOOOOOW :shock:

[color=magenta]yes noori basic thngs we need for survival i also need shelter and warmth n a fantastic loving family n strong network of freinds[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]yes noori basic thngs we need for survival i also need shelter and warmth n a fantastic loving family n strong network of freinds[/color]

This sounds like Business studies!

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

This sounds like Business studies!

uff i had enough of business studies this week to last me a lifetime!

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Angel" wrote:

In regards to living in lower standards, when i went to Pak (in the village) I just couldn't survive (and only stayed there for one day!), I just felt I wana go back home, so in a way I do need the standards according to UK.

how many ppl here COULD live back home? esp in a village

i've never been to a village in my life-do i dunno whats its all about

I've never been to Pakland so i wudn't know...

but as i've lived here all my life i dont think i'll be able to..

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I stayed in a village for a few weeks last year when we went to bangladesh.

It was very hot, the fan did help.....a little.

Our village is surrounded by trees and theres a big pond nearby so there were quite alot of insects.

If I compare living in a hotel and a village, hotel is wayyyyy better.

But if I HAD to stay in a village.....I can.

erm when you want credit on ur mobile but you NEED money first to top up lol

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Also, I might WANT to tell Sadia that she is ugly.

But I might not NEED to do that.

No point. Its not going to make her pretty.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

[color=magenta]i could definately, last time i went bangladesh i loved everythng about it, they treated us lke royalty, i lived in a village whose electricity or "current" as they call it back home used to be cut everynight,the food was oright the only problem i had was the toilet i loved my english toilet so thy got one installed for us,but i didnt mind anythng else shopping was the best,but i dont thnk i could live there forever only for a holiday[/color]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Consider yourself lucky...apart from the damn creepy crawlies/lizards the other thing that i most couldnt cope with was drinking the water. I don't/can't drink mineral water full stop, so I lived off on fizzy drinks for the first 2 weeks but it got to the point where I was dehydrated and really needed water. So one of my cuz was due to come to pak, I told mum to send some scottish water, boy that was a relief!

I don't drink any water apart from the one that comes out of Scottish taps!

[color=magenta]lolz ur funny sis in bangladesh the water had so mch copper it turned the glass red we had bottled water from then on[/color]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i liked living in pakistan in a village. i spent most of my time chasing the chickens, but that was ages ago. i couldn't live there now, not without msn.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]lolz ur funny sis in bangladesh the water had so mch copper it turned the glass red we had bottled water from then on[/color]

:shock: lol that i didnt encounter there, mad! Normally when I am down south (hate the water there too) I hold my nose and try not to taste anything and gulp it down (only if i feel dehydrated though)

"Angel" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I don't drink any water apart from the one that comes out of Scottish taps!

i cant stand manchester water other areas or ok, i love my water everyone should drink it . sheffield water is lovely and fresh
fresh from teh resevoirs Smile

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Angel" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:

:shock: lol that i didnt encounter there, mad! Normally when I am down south (hate the water there too) I hold my nose and try not to taste anything and gulp it down (only if i feel dehydrated though)

LOL

Its water not some horrible cough medicine! I can easily drink water from any city/town!

Speaking of water, the water which comes through our taps has a different taste to it compared to a year ago.

I think it's because thames water are changing water pipes. Hope I'm not drinking contaminated water :?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Speaking of water, the water which comes through our taps has a different taste to it compared to a year ago.

I think it's because thames water are changing water pipes. Hope I'm not drinking contaminated water :?

[color=magenta]yeah i realised that we moved around 3 yrs ago n they had new piping n the water tastes different, [/color]

A loving, peaceful, stable home is a NEED...I'd be a totally different person today, if wasnt for my home environment.