Derby Muslim faith school closes on first day of Ofsted inspection

Al-Madinah school shuts its doors to pupils over 'health and safety issue' just hours after inspectors arrive

A controversial Islamic faith school in Derby – under fire for forcing female staff to wear headscarves – abruptly shut its doors on Wednesday hours after the arrival of inspectors from Ofsted, citing unspecified "health and safety" as the reason.

Read More:

Tags: 

No, I think the latest is they hadn't done full background checks on all the staff and had to close until they were completed.

The school was also on schedule to be marked "inadequate" in all aspects under consideration in the inspection.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No idea and I am "surprised" that people know the results even before the report is out.

I read an article on the BBC News site on it befoer, but on the same subject.

Part of it seems political - I am sure there are other poor schools aswell, and this is a new school so hopefully they can improve, but part of it is based on real failings.

(political in the same sense that after Qatar won the rights to host the 2022 World Cup, some whitefolk suddenly and surprisingly realised that it gets a little warm over there and now they have also noticed what has been said for years - that such places treatment of labour is akin to slavery.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Because everyone knew those things already.

Topic locked