Shot for going to school #Malala

This documentary is on BBC iplayer now and I think it's worn a watch. It focuses on the struggles of girls literally dying for the right and access to education. The presenter visits dangerous and Pakistani-Taliban controlled areas to speak to these girls and members of the community. The presenter also talks to two girls who were with Malala and were also hurt and there's also a little bit where Malala talks too, though I was expecting more tbh - they flew to Pakistan but couldn't get a proper interview with Malala in Birmingham :S

It's depressing, yes, but also inspiring and there is hope! I felt a few things were looked at negatively but perhaps I'm taking them out of context cuz those specific people said some shocking stuff too.

Link:

I've only watched about 10 minutes of it. Didn't get to the end.

Hummus wrote:

Why?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
Hummus wrote:

Why?

I had an exam to revise for and realised that it could be watched later - when I have more time to spare. I had my brother in the same room and he would've questioned why I was watching upsetting settings that i usually make sure his eyes don't see.

Oh ok, I thought it was cuz you didn't like it or found it too disturbing or something.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi