And the author
I forged my signature
And now I apologise for what I did to you
Cos what you did to me I did to you

No ,no, no, no dont lie.
You know you gotta try
What you gonna do when it all comes out."

Okay i borrowed that from the Black Eyed Peas Blum 3
But I think the point im trying to make is stay away from the lies!!!

Lying is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE habbit (i wrote terrible three times in caps just so you realise im serious).
And Islam is all about truth. Whilst lying is considered one of hte greater sins. For all intents and purposes it should be treated the same way as something that is haram.

One of my teachers once said 'All the evils have been locked in a room and its key is lying'... not sure where he got that from. Or if he was just trying to be over dramatic. But it sounded cool so i remembered it Biggrin

yep, lying just leads to heck of a lot of complication, and you wont know till its too late, when you realised the person you've been deceiving all along is yourself.

i'd say reduce your black eyed pea intake. mainly coz they're just a little more clued up than you coz they've lived longer. put the earphones down adn go out there braving life, you'll be wiser than them in no time. plus. i dont think they use divine guidance to help them know whats worth fighting for and what isnt. they just go from experience. they might write a song abt something at the beginning of their career and later on write something with the total opposite meaning when something else happen to them. its just their opinion, they might have gotten it right on this occasion but they might not the other times.

better go out there and make up your own mind abt life and everything else, guided by the MAker of all this. instead of listening and taking in those couple of people's way of thinking and seeing the world.

go out there adn see that world you hear about in those songs for yourself, with your God given eyes that are pure and untainted. before they become tainted by society's stupidity and lameness. go have a look for yourself. take a guide with you, literally, and whats the best guide than the One who Made all this?

i guess i shld add something abt seeing and not just looking,  what with my username and all. forgive me if i sound patronizing or condescening, not my intention. just sharing what i learnt.

music might put your feelings into words that rhyme with a beautiful background sound that touches just the right emotions. but its all fake stuff. except your feelings. build on that. dont bury them away with other people's words and with fakely awakened emotions. GO FEEL THOSE EMOTIONS! go make your own memories to stick with those emotions, rather than thinking abt the emotion "sadness" and the first memory that come to mind is you lying on your bed listening to a "sad" song. no way..that isnt sadness...

you know, writing this stuff also helps me, more than it might actually help you lol..

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I think cas was just using the black eyed peas as a pop culture reference. Not saying they're devinely guided lol.

But to return to the point of this thread 'yes lying is bad'.

Back in BLACK

divine guidance was such  small point in my huge post. and ididnt say they were divnely guided. i said they dont use divine guidance.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lies remind me of chocolate fingers. Once you've eaten one, you can't resist the next one, and not long after you realise you've finished the entire box and then you're in a bit of dilemma and you need more chocolate fingers to fulfill your needs. Its true, one chocolate finger and more so, one little lie, will lead to another.

Abdulllah (R) reported that Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: 'Truth leads one to Paradise and virtue leads one to Paradise and the person tells the truth until he is recorded as truthful, and lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell, and the person tells a lie until he is recorded as a liar'. (Sahih Muslim).

Once you've finished the entire box of chocolate fingers you feel sick. 

And that's when the lie comes back to haunt you...

_Me_ wrote:
Once you've finished the entire box of chocolate fingers you feel sick. 

And that's when the lie comes back to haunt you...

Yeah pretty much and if it's double chocolate, then it's a double whammy! Life is so much easier when you decide not to lie and you speak the truth from the start. And even if you have let a few lies flow, the least you can possibly do is apologise to that person or those people for the countless lies and tell them the truth and seek forgiveness from Allah too.

I didn't even believe that lying was an option, in any option but recent years have taught me people lie to get what they want and to destroy the peace of others.  They are so good at it that when you finally realise whats going on and confront them they don't blink an eye and have no shame about it.  You see they always have the advantage in that they know  where they are with you but you can never know where you are with them.  Trying to cut them out from your life is very hard when they are in the family, so the next best thing is to completely disregard everything they say and keep quiet most of the time which is also very hard, because as human beings we have a natural impulse to believe people are as we are ourselves.  If one is a trusting and honest person then you are more likely to believe everyone is worthy of trust and is honest the trouble starts when you realise not everyone has the same scruples and understanding of morals.

Liars have told me that they lie because they have to to protect what they have.  They lie to avoid confrontations.  They lie because its easier than telling the truth. They lie to wind you up and have a bit of fun.  They lie and this is the worst one, to discredit you and hurt you. They lie to get sympathy from others, love respect even!  These liars I'm talking about lie like we tell the truth over the most simplist things to the most life damaging.

I generally believe that everybody lies. Its just a question of what are they lying about. That way im not surprised when they actually do. I have a rule of hear everything, believe nothing. Gossip and hearsay is not something to be taken at face value.

I dont even bother calling people on it, unless they've been malicious about it.

Back in BLACK