Dubai court annuls marriage to 'bearded lady'

An Arab country's ambassador to Dubai has had his marriage contract annulled after discovering the bride was cross-eyed and had facial hair.

The woman had worn an Islamic veil, known as the niqab, on the few occasions the couple had met.

The envoy, who has not been identified, told a Sharia court her mother had tricked him by showing him pictures of the bride's sister, Gulf News reported.

Read more @

so what's the intentions of the bbc for promoting this story..most niqabi women are ugly thats why they cover. Or wait a minute lets ban the niqab so we can see these ugly women? i'm so glad i don't pay for a TV license when they use it generating such "important" headlines.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

its not just on the BBC.

and news just does not cover serious issues. Besides, the BBC is not just a news organisation (and this would probably be under gossip anyway).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Shok

How must she feel? Sad

If he could have done, could he have requested to see her face and hair BEFORE getting married to her in person?

i said that, but Mr You said "these are Arabs!" or something along those lines and i think basically they don't do that

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Not all, but some have weird customs - like I remember reading of this case of a woman who had filed for divorce after her husband of something like eleven years had decided to sneak a peek at her face while sleeping...

How must she feel? Sad

awful I suspect - its not like she could control how she looked (I AM assuming she shaved the beard...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

After 11 year, he looked at her while she was sleeping??? that sounds pathetic...

s.b.f wrote:
After 11 year, he looked at her while she was sleeping??? that sounds pathetic...

Yup. I would be like "GTFO", but I guess he was also following their culture?

It's not really the guys fault, although he should have used his brain and looked at the girl before. Instead it's the mothers fault who stupidly thought that pretending one daughter was another would actually work in the long run.

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Truth's_Razors wrote:
It's not really the guys fault, although he should have used his brain and looked at the girl before. Instead it's the mothers fault who stupidly thought that pretending one daughter was another would actually work in the long run.

It's actually happened in my family! and it's worked. But it was like 30 odd years ago. (my uncle was the victim)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

So they didn't realise that they were married to the wrong person? How soon after did they realise?!

Truth's_Razors wrote:
So they didn't realise that they were married to the wrong person? How soon after did they realise?!

when he saw her?

LOL i meant timewise, a week, a day, an hour (etc) later?

im guessing, and what i meant was, straight away. i don't really know the whole ins and outs of the story.

I don't see how people think they can get away with this really :S

The chances of things going wrong are so high, its extremely stupid even trying it.

oh i see why your confused Truth's_Razor! when i said "worked" i meant they didnt end up divorcing or anything and are still married, not that it took the family a while to figure it out,

Feel sorry for the guy

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Feel sorry for the guy

What about the girl?

You wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
Feel sorry for the guy

What about the girl?

yeah poor her, she has excessive facial hair but

She deceived him.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

and cross eyes.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
She deceived him.

It does not state that. if it was the case then yes, the public nature of things is her fault too. But if she was not involved in that are was just others manipulating then she is also a victim of this.

You wrote:
MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:

and cross eyes.

MakeMeRawr_6TeenF wrote:
She deceived him.

It does not state that. if it was the case then yes, the public nature of things is her fault too. But if she was not involved in that are was just others manipulating then she is also a victim of this.

Yeah but most of us are shallow to a degree and I don't think it's fair to automatically hate on him for being a meanie to judge on appearances and hurt her feelings when it's his right to know what his WIFE looked like.

And i mean it can't have come as a shock to her that people would be uncomfortable with that so she should at least have warned him beforehand.