Personal Statement

Salam Alykum, guys. I'm writing my personal statement to study Law at university. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips. Your help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Salaam

1./ You talk a bit about what you're studying and your hobbies and why that makes you such an awesome person.
2./ You talk about why you want to study your preferd course.
3./ You link number 1 to number 2.
4./ If you can, you make it interesting e.g. mine was funny.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Salam

Courage wrote:
I'm writing my personal statement to study Law at university.
I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips.
Your help would be much appreciated.

Are you sure that even now you want to stick with that name?

Omrow

Dawud wrote:
Salaam

2./ You talk about why you want to study your preferd course.

I would like to add to that any specific area of the law you like and why.

Any relevant legal experience or any part time jobs which you can use to highlight your strengths.

errrrm maybe what are your plans to study after law (BVC or LPC.)

Have you decided which 6 universities your applying to yet?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Thanks for that, guys! I'll certainly take what you lot've said on board. I've read on some websites that it's recommended to write it like an epic piece when you say why you want to study law. Is that right or just a load of rubbish?

I thought you applied for 5?
So far I've got Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham and UWE. In that order.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

wednesday wrote:

(mine was stupid, that's why i'm stuck in bradie Sad , ah! Khair - have i mentioned that i HATE bradie roads and most of the uni students?)

The pavements in bradistan are extra wide in comparison with other towns. You ever notice that?

How come you hate the students?

First years i can understand coz they still think they are in college and ppl of the Pakistani ethniciy because they stand around talking at the top of the voices. :roll:

Courage wrote:
Thanks for that, guys! I'll certainly take what you lot've said on board. I've read on some websites that it's recommended to write it like an epic piece when you say why you want to study law. Is that right or just a load of rubbish?

I thought you applied for 5?
So far I've got Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham and UWE. In that order.

hmmm must be 5. The brain doesnt function like it use to. Bristols suppose to be good. whats UWE?

University of the West of England, sometimes referred to as UWE (pronounced: You-We)

wednesday wrote:
the pavements are narrower compared to where i live, and there are just an absurd number of cars around, if your crossing a one way street, you still have to look both ways, it's too compact, the campus is tiggy, the bradford fumes get to you,....

You think thats bad. In Manchester your not only having to watch out for cars but trams as well.

wednesday wrote:
very limited (halal) places to eat out or just explore,...

I find that very hard to believe, its bradistan!

wednesday wrote:
TOO many asians (sorrz, didn't wanna cause any offence, i'm just not use to such environment!)....

Racist! Only joking.

lol you sound like me. I cant stand Asian infested places either, i seriously dont know how some ppl can live in them. Its good to have a balance.

Hang on a minute aint you originally from Bradistan?

I can show u my personal statement i did for law if you want.

p.s. Bradistan, theres a place called Exhale i want to try!!

wednesday wrote:
Naz wrote:

PS: SORRZ Courage dear, i've just realised >>> thread hijack! (naughty I)

It's ok, I get used to it. Cray 2 Sad

wednesday wrote:
Naz wrote:

we used to live in bradie, 6 yrs! (then i was too naive and young to understand the society) ... what an intro to Britain! :roll:

in bradie, there are LOWDS of halal takeways (not a fast food fan) and reasonable nmber of restuarants (very particular abt em), but there are an incredible number of clubs, studios, basements, and non-halal places! ... u know what there are places in bradie that are FAB, very civilised, clean and less of the miasma (lol) but they dn't have much life around em, a bit too quiet!

PS: SORRZ Courage dear, i've just realised >>> thread hijack! (naughty I)

Your off your head. How can you not like takeaway food? It soooo yummy. The next time your down manny go to saajans (the takeaway place not restaurant on wimmy road) and try the chicken donna on naan with all the sauces and salad. I promise you wont regret it.

Saajans?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

worst place on wilmslow road. that and lal qila

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

wednesday wrote:
Hayder/Sirus wrote:

p.s. Bradistan, theres a place called Exhale i want to try!!

You serious abt the sheesha lounge? ... from the outside it looks pooy, and once you get inside, it ain't cool at all! well i didn't like the ppl there! (it was popular last yr, but not this yr!)... you can try at your own risk!

btw, i live opposite to exhale, and trust me, i ain't good! ... last yr there used to be a petrol station next door (which sold stuff other tan petrol, so had to be shut down!) hence, their sheeshas were popular, but not this yr, well not yet!

Courage: oooopppps done it again! (sincere apologies!)

I've heard its good....and i wanna check it out one day! next time im dropping my brother off at uni, i might just do lol.

You saying they put the green stuff in the sheesha?!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus wrote:
Saajans?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

worst place on wilmslow road. that and lal qila

Beats imitate smoking!

I've done my first draft and handed that in to my tutors to mark. So we'll see what happens.

It sooooo doesnt. Saajans is naff. end of.

Sheesha is Ace. fact.

at wednesday - kinda. pharmacuetical with forensics.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus wrote:
It sooooo doesnt. Saajans is naff. end of.

Sheesha is Ace. fact.

oh right calm down. Each to their own i suppose. I just prefer eating to smoking.

Question, how do I write a personal statement in 4000 characters?

Sheesha is NOT cool at all. Its for gay freshies who wanna look cool.

Altho im not a big fan of takeout food argh. Food tops smoking EVERYTIME!!!

Lal'Qila is alright but theres nothing special about it. Saajan is alright too. Pink Garlic was terrible... never going there again. Sizzlers alright too. Karims in Spring Gardens is really nice. Akbars is cool too.

PS: THERE IS A FOOD THREAD, WE SHOULD TAKE THIS OVER THERE!!! AND STOP LITTERING OTHER THREADS WITH DRIBBLE LIKE SHEESHA IS COOL... WHICH WE ALL KNOW IT ISNT!!!

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Sheesha is NOT cool at all. Its for gay freshies who wanna look cool.

Altho im not a big fan of takeout food argh. Food tops smoking EVERYTIME!!!

Lal'Qila is alright but theres nothing special about it. Saajan is alright too. Pink Garlic was terrible... never going there again. Sizzlers alright too. Karims in Spring Gardens is really nice. Akbars is cool too.

PS: THERE IS A FOOD THREAD, WE SHOULD TAKE THIS OVER THERE!!! AND STOP LITTERING OTHER THREADS WITH DRIBBLE LIKE SHEESHA IS COOL... WHICH WE ALL KNOW IT ISNT!!!

I clearly remember a certain someone getting worked up about the fact they would have to give up pizza for 30 days lol. Isnt pizza classed as takeaway food?

Cant have take out food everyday, once/twice a month is ok.

Akbars hmmmm is that the one on deansgate? If its the one im thinking of then it looks posh. A lot of Asians seemed to be obsessed with pink garlic. Ive not tried it yet. They dont serve alcohol do they? I think thats why it might be popular.

Lal qila been there once was ok. Dad was saying they put alcohol in their food im not so sure. I think hes only saying it so we dont eat out lol. I like saffrons in cheethamhill. Good food and excellant service (theyr not perverts). Nawaabs in comparison has more selection of food but the service is a bit poo and its too loud for my liking. You having to shout all the time. Need to still try kareems in middleton, thats suppose to be nice. The kebabs at kebabish are suppose to be nice but you get the runs apprently Lol

ps ive used that search facility to locate threads but sometimes i get hundreds of searches back that i cant be bothered to scroll through all of them.

@courage why dont you get your personal statement checked by your tutor. At my college thats what we did.

God that was tiring work, its hard typing with one hand.

That's what I'm doing.