YOUR VIEWS NEEDED: DO YOUNG MUSLIMS MIX WITH NON MUSLIMS?

Salaam

In the next issue of The Revival our regular fetaure Voice Of The Muslim is asking ppl across the Uk the following questions:

Do young Muslims today like to mix and integrate with non Muslims at college/uni, work and especially in their everyday life? Do young Muslims actually have close friends who ar enon-muslims? Or do they prefer segregation? Or do they beleive non Muslims don't wanna mix with us? Or the old view most non Muslims are racist/Islamophobic?

Please take part and give your consent to use your comment in the magazine.

Wasalaam

Seems like a weird set of questions.

I would guess that answers to those questions would be yes, no and all of the above for different people.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Seems like a weird set of questions.

I would guess that answers to those questions would be yes, no and all of the above for different people.

why is it wierd

making bradford british was a perfect example what segreagted lives muslims and non Muslims live....

integrating with non muslims is essential in order to dispel suspicion an d misconceptions....

the idea is to find out do muslims NOT WANT to mix with non muslims, do they not trust non muslims, do they think all non muslims are racist/islamophobes, do muslim youth think mixing with non muslims is not allowed...or is it simply because the difference in values and cultures mean muslims CANT mix too much with non muslims.....

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Do young Muslims today like to mix and integrate with non Muslims at college/uni, work and especially in their everyday life?

Yes. I think they do like to.

DO YOUNG MUSLIMS MIX AND INTEGRATE WITH NON MUSLIMS AT COLLEGE/UNI, WORK AND ESPECIALLY IN THEIR EVERYDAY LIFE?

Probably not as much as they should (apart from the ones who like to go for a good drink once in a whil and can't really do that with Muslims).

In my personal experience, I feel the reason for this not happening as much as it should is a combination of the "us vs them" mentality that is drummed into the majority of us from an early stage and the lack of it happening amoung the elders who we look to as role models.

It's good to mix right? We have so much to teach and learn from one another (as was evident from that Make Bradford British documentary)

So if it's good to, and we need to and we want to - why don't we do it as much as we should?

Again from my personal experience, I feel we have serious lack of strength in our faith. We are not strong enough. We feel that we will be influenced more, and be able to influence less. And for fear of being led off a path that we're not really on anyway, we take the easier option and refrain from mixing.

I mean, it's our job to "spread the word" right? How can we, if we only stay amongst people who already know "the word"?

SEEGREGATION is a lot easier. All they ever want to do at work social events is drink, drink and drink some until they're totally rat arsed and can't remember anything. So despite all I've said above, I don't rally want to be at these kind of events. Althought I'm glad I did go to the Xmas do 2010. Some of the conversations that followed in the office the week after that were really interesting. Like when Mike was disgusted that Louise (a married 31 year old) was letting Muzzy (who is also a married man. FYI - NOT MARRIED TO LOUISE) touch her all over and her defence was that she was totally "out of it" and can't really remember it happening. It made me think, "hold on a minute, Mike is 'one of THEM' but feels the same way I do" I recall seeing that happening on the dancefloor too and thinking and feeling the same way Mike did. Are we really that different? Mike, who's not a big drinker, thinks like me. Is it because of his age? Maybe not, cos Steve, who's a lot older than all of us, was defending Louise saying "it's Christmas, and it's not Louises husband would find out anyway"

So that's the kind of thing we face when we go out there to "integrate" Are we not better off keeping our distance so that we don't get influenced?

I'm as confused as I was when I started teping. Can anyone help? Should I go to the 2012 Xmas do?

There isnt a lot of non-muslims in my collge but I do get along with the few, we're on smiling and saying hello terms. my close friends are all muslims. I find it much easier to have muslims friends because there's more understanding and there's more to talk about; the challenges we face like going on a trip and not knowing if we'll be able to pray there or when we're having a low on faith. We're there for each other and help each other along to become better muslims.

It's not that i prefer segregation, there just isnt enough non-muslims to be friends with and that's a problem in itself. we've guettofied ourselves - all the muslims live there, all the non-muslims live here. It's hard to mix when its like that. But even if we didnt live like that, I think it would be really difficult to be close friends with non-muslim. we just have a totally different lifestyle and way of thinking. and the Islamic lifestyle is quite full on, applying to every action and thought we have and so is the "western" lifestyle so they clash because in a lot of aspects they're actually polar opposite - Party/ No party, Dating/No dating, Smoke/drink/drugs vs not allowed, music/no music- even the way we dress is different! but that's not too bad, there's plenty of room to meet halfway and plus its just clothes so it shouldnt really matter.

and with our lifestyles, its not just he clashing, its also how we have to pray 5 times a day for example. thats a main part of our lives and if friends arent understanding of it then you cant be close friends with those people. but that goes for non-muslims friends as well as non-practising muslims friends.

when i see non-muslims i dont straight away think "oh racist/islamophobic" they'll have to do something for me to think that way, for example be rude or blank me or something. Im ready to become friend with anyone and i really hope I'M not racist.

i'm pretty sure muslims and non-muslims can be friends. we've got lots in common, interests/hobbies/studies/living here. we could even become close friends, if we're willing to explain and understand and keep an open mind.

the only thing im scared off though its that, when you're muslim, you believe that your lifestyle is right and that everything that isnt allowed in Islam is wrong and bad for us. but if this is a big part in a non-muslim person's life then it might be difficult to accept them hence why we cant be close friends. I mean, if a friend is really into music and wants to become a singer it'll be difficult to be close friends but if they're really into music but dont talk abt it non stop (which is unlikely, if they want to be a singer they'll hang around with people who have the same interests) then there's room for friendship.

so i dont think we segregate based on muslim/nonmuslimness but more on common interest and way of thinking. so the music lovers gravitate together, the vampire lovers gravitate together, the Islam lovers gravitate together. just coz islam is a religion (which it isnt, its more a way of life like being vegetarian or "green" or goth etc...) it's become such a big issue, but it should not have. Its just another interest, and if people want to check that interest out and join in, they're more than welcome to and im pretty sure they'll be welcomes by the group.

and just like in college/secondary school/uni there's all those clubs and societies; when it comes to mixing while studying/working there's no problem. we all get along jussssst fine.

i need to reread this sometimes and "proofread"...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I think it depends on where you go and how practicing some people are. Where I'm from the area is pretty multi-cultural and space for mixing. I think if we try to be warm and friendly to everyone, including non/not yet- Muslims then we can break down that barrier, maybe we could do that by "making the first move" and if someone is seemingly blanking us, we could make a joke about to show that we have a sense of humour. After all, being Muslim is just part of our identity, showing that we do other things is a step in the right direction.

I think the partying and drinking v no partying and drinking is a barrier, but it can also be used to show our mellowness and show that we've down to earth. I always say to people that I'd rather get to know them over a cup of coffee or tea rather than get drunk with them in a club and forget whatever they tell me.

I feel that our differences could also be way to talk and do some (good) dawa, and let others know that there is an alternative to clubbing. I've also tried to use the way that we're positively different (as Muslims) to become better friends, for example we have to be anti-exploitation, pro-manners, pro-social justice and as selfless as possible, which is something that some non-Muslims will have, and most won't object to that.

I hear you Lilly, on the point about them doing something that we "disapprove"! Smile

I think we can calmly and respectfully challenge them on whether they think that's a real part of their identity. Like we can challenge whether it is actually necessary or truly enjoyable for them to drink, sleep around, allow them to be sexualised or define themselves by materialism. So long as we use our wisdom, it'll be OK, I hope ;).

If someone loves music, then we can talk about why they like music, to express themselves etc. Gives a good reason to recommend the poetry/ duff music (which is definitely allowed) as an alternative form of expression. Also, there;s the issue of singers being practically owned and potentially made to sell out by people like Simon Cowell.

I feel the problem/solution partly lies with us Muslims, for not working hard enough to break the stereotypes and while we should bear in mind the fact that we could be negatively influenced, we should realise that there will be other (Muslim) friends who will point this out to us and help us if that happens.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Lilly wrote:
There isnt a lot of non-muslims in my collge collage but I do get along with the few, we're on smiling and saying hello terms. my close friends are all muslims.

1 spelling mistake after a long time

Lilly wrote:
I find it much easier to have muslims friends because there's more understanding and there's more to talk about; the challenges we face like going on a trip and not knowing if we'll be able to pray there

LMAO

Lilly wrote:
We're there for each other and help each other along to become better muslims.

How do you help each other to become better muslims?

Lilly wrote:
It's not that i prefer segregation, there just isnt enough non-muslims to be friends with and that's a problem in itself. we've guettofied ourselves - all the muslims live there, all the non-muslims live here.

Can we call that the failure of multiculturalism?

Lilly wrote:
Even if we didnt live like that, I think it would be really difficult to be close friends with non-muslim. we just have a totally different lifestyle and way of thinking.

This is the problem, if you come into a different country then you need to understand its culture and lifestyle or if anyone feels that they can't get along with non muslims and their lifestyle then sorry they should not settle in non-Muslim countries, Muslims have lots of choices if they want to settle in  Muslim countries here are a few 1 Saudi 2. Iran 3. Pakistan 4. Egypt  the problem with 1 2 4  is that they don't give non-Arab Muslims permanent visa to live yet the non-muslims 1. UK, 2. USA, 3. CANADA 4. EU give Muslims full rights they treat you like their own and what do they get in return for doing that "Give as Sharia law in UK and EU" " Democracy is hypocrisy" "We want Allah's law not man mad law"  

Some Muslims in the countries above hate on these countries or as I have said before that Muslims spit in the plate they eat in by that I mean asking for their sharia laws, UK has the IBB which is running in accordance to sharia law, there are also a number of sharia courts working in Bradford AFAIK, would a Muslim country bend its law for non Muslims living their NO for example a non Muslim couple were arrested in Dubai for kissing on the beach, if they can't bend their rules for the non-Muslims then why should the non-Muslim bend their rules for the Muslims?    

Lilly wrote:
and the Islamic lifestyle is quite full on, applying to every action and thought we have and so is the "western" lifestyle so they clash because in a lot of aspects they're actually polar opposite - Party/ No party, Dating/No dating, Smoke/drink/drugs vs not allowed, music/no music- even the way we dress is different! but that's not too bad, there's plenty of room to meet halfway and plus its just clothes so it shouldnt really matter.

Are you saying that Muslims don't fit in the west?

Explain half way?

Half a glass of wine lol?

Lilly wrote:
and with our lifestyles, its not just he clashing, its also how we have to pray 5 times a day for example. thats a main part of our lives and if friends arent understanding of it then you cant be close friends with those people. but that goes for non-muslims friends as well as non-practising muslims friends.

I'm sure you could delay it for a bit

Lilly wrote:
i'm pretty sure muslims and non-muslims can be friends. we've got lots in common, interests/hobbies/studies/living here. we could even become close friends, if we're willing to explain and understand and keep an open mind.

Muslim parents don't think like that, they think if our child plays with a non-Muslim he-she might become corrupt in lifestyle in other words might start drinking or having causal Sex

Lilly wrote:
the only thing im scared of though its that, when you're muslim, you believe that your lifestyle is right and that everything that isnt allowed in Islam is wrong and bad for us. but if this is a big part in a non-muslim person's life then it might be difficult to accept them hence why we cant be close friends. I mean, if a friend is really into music and wants to become a singer it'll be difficult to be close friends but if they're really into music but dont talk abt it non stop (which is unlikely, if they want to be a singer they'll hang around with people who have the same interests) then there's room for friendship.

What's wrong with Music and singing?

Why is Islam against arts and culture so much?

What happens is that the son or daughter's got a music player  he-she's listening to lady hoha but he-she dosn't tell the parents  

Lilly wrote:

so i dont think we segregate based on muslim/nonmuslimness

I think it is

My English is not very good

The Lamp wrote:
I think if we try to be warm and friendly to everyone, including non/not yet- Muslims then we can break down that barrier,

not yet -Muslims are you thing of converting them?

The Lamp wrote:
maybe we could do that by "making the first move" and if someone is seemingly blanking us, we could make a joke about to show that we have a sense of humour.

Muslims are a joke lol

The Lamp wrote:
After all, being Muslim is just part of our identity, showing that we do other things is a step in the right direction.

Other things we Muslims call each other kaifir, we  glorifying "the Ummah" an ummah that has been at war and can't agree on anything, mad Muslim leaders don't want to let go of power in Muslim countries, girls getting married as young as 12,   

Or are you saying that we should take the thekedari of Islam?   

The Lamp wrote:
I think the partying and drinking v no partying and drinking is a barrier,

It will remain like that

The Lamp wrote:
but it can also be used to show our mellowness and show that we've down to earth. I always say to people that I'd rather get to know them over a cup of coffee or tea rather than get drunk with them in a club and forget whatever they tell me.

You could ask them to recored it and you watch it later

The Lamp wrote:
 I feel that our differences could also be way to talk and do some (good) dawa, and let others know that there is an alternative to clubbing.

Dawa?

The questions that they ask are

1. Why did mohammed (pbhu) marry a young girl

2. Why are women oppressed in islam?

3. Why are they married off young? when women in the west marry late

4. Why are most Musilm women sat at home cooking and cleaning?

5. Non-Muslims live life to the full, muslims are worried about how to get into jannat all the time  

The Lamp wrote:
If someone loves music, then we can talk about why they like music, to express themselves etc. Gives a good reason to recommend the poetry/ duff music (which is definitely allowed) as an alternative form of expression. Also, there;s the issue of singers being practically owned and potentially made to sell out by people like Simon Cowell.

Music is a great thing I don't understand why islam forbids it?

lollywood wrote:

5. Non-Muslims live life to the full, muslims are worried about how to get into jannat all the time  

Okay, well what we need to remember is that Aishah (R) was a very blessed woman, she was mature and with a lot of intelligence, as we see later on in her life! Her etiquettes and qualities, is what we look upto her for! At the time, in these Bedouin societies, these sort of marriages were common. In Arabian culture, marriage was hoped to strengthen ties, and with Abu Bakr (R), being a very close friend of the prophet (S), it might have been one of the reasons. In my opinion, we shouldn't questions such things because the Prophet Muhammad (S) was sent as a mercy to mankind and was obviously, the last prophet of Allah, so surely everything he did was correct. 

Getting married at a young age is either your choice, or your parents. Some people want to get married early, but then again, thats all upto what they think is best. Have you forgotten that women in the West used to get married early, and it is only until now, that they feel they need to cohabit and marry later on in life. Why is it that there are so many teenage pregnancies in the West, which are looked down upon (.. Its all outside of marriage, thats why!)

I don't agree that 'most' Muslim women sit at home cooking and cleaning. In such cultures thats what they expect you to do, but there are many Muslim women who have a job and have made commendable achievements which inspires a lot of people! Muslims are allowed to live life to the full aslong as they comply with all the rulings. You can still enjoy yourself, yannow! And the point of living life is to gain the pleasure of Allah and ultimately to enter Jannah, so whats wrong with worrying about that and having that in your mind? Thats the whole point of life and thats what we need to remind ourselves. 

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

Do young Muslims today like to mix and integrate with non Muslims at college/uni, work and especially in their everyday life? Do young Muslims actually have close friends who ar enon-muslims? Or do they prefer segregation? Or do they beleive non Muslims don't wanna mix with us? Or the old view most non Muslims are racist/Islamophobic?

Well since im still in school, at an Islamic girls one too, mixing in with non-Muslims doesn't really happen. It's not an everyday thing. All of my friends are Muslim, simply because there aren't enough Non-Muslims around to be friends with. Like i do talk to my neighbours, some of which are Non-Muslim, but theres a limit to how much I can talk to them, because they are adults! Well, next year, I'll be seeing a lot of Non-Muslims, so i'd be able to answer this question later, I don't feel like this question really applies to me.

But in all honesty, i think people have begun to accept Muslims and there isn't such a big barrier. I don't think Non-Muslims are racist or Islamophobic, though there are the minority who are, (always!) People have realised that not all Muslims are the same and not all want to keep themselves separate. Im sure I'd rather prefer integration than segregation, anyday!

Hummus wrote:
Okay, well what we need to remember is that Aishah (R) was a very blessed woman, she was mature and with a lot of intelligence, as we see later on in her life! Her etiquettes and qualities, is what we look upto her for!

I agree with that but the non-muslims don't  

Hummus wrote:

At the time, in these Bedouin societies, these sort of marriages were common. In Arabian culture, marriage was hoped to strengthen ties, and with Abu Bakr (R), being a very close friend of the prophet (S), it might have been one of the reasons.

Its the age they keep talking about some say 6 some say 9

Hummus wrote:
In my opinion, we shouldn't questions such things because the Prophet Muhammad (S) was sent as a mercy to mankind and was obviously, the last prophet of Allah, so surely everything he did was correct. 

I agree that Prophet Mohammed was the last Prophet of Allah and he was sent as a mercy but if don't question then how are we going to learn and do dawah?

Hummus wrote:
Getting married at a young age is either your choice, or your parents. Some people want to get married early, but then again, thats all upto what they think is best. Have you forgotten that women in the West used to get married early, and it is only until now, that they feel they need to cohabit and marry later on in life. Why is it that there are so many teenage pregnancies in the West, which are looked down upon (.. Its all outside of marriage, thats why!)

I disagree its never our choice parents want as to marry in the family the reasons I've already said before

Hummus wrote:
 I don't agree that 'most' Muslim women sit at home cooking and cleaning. In such cultures thats what they expect you to do, but there are many Muslim women who have a job and have made commendable achievements which inspires a lot of people!

How many women work who are from Afghanstan? Bangladesh, Indian (Muslim) Pakistan, Iran, Saudi

In saudi they said that a women can only work with a men in the same room  if she breast fed him loool

if they do work how many get pestered by other men for working?

In Saudi women were not allowed to drive the ones that broke this rule were targeted and called wh***s

Hummus wrote:
Muslims are allowed to live life to the full aslong as they comply with all the rulings. You can still enjoy yourself, yannow! And the point of living life is to gain the pleasure of Allah and ultimately to enter Jannah, so whats wrong with worrying about that and having that in your mind? Thats the whole point of life and thats what we need to remind ourselves. 

Its a worry when the non muslims don't give a stuff all they worry about is oh its fri night lets go out and get p****d

Hummus dont waste your time on Lollywood. not now when you should be focusing on exams.

Lilly wrote:

Hummus dont waste your time on Lollywood. not now when you should be focusing on exams.

Ive got a long break till my next one, but thanks for the advice anyway x

lollywood wrote:

I agree that Prophet Mohammed was the last Prophet of Allah and he was sent as a mercy but if don't question then how are we going to learn and do dawah?

Its the age they keep talking about some say 6 some say 9

In saudi they said that a women can only work with a men in the same room  if she breast fed him loool

if they do work how many get pestered by other men for working?

In Saudi women were not allowed to drive the ones that broke this rule were targeted and called wh***s

Well from your last response, It seems like you did agree with 'most' of the things i mentioned. Your saying that you agree, well good, the Non-Muslims wont agree, obviously because they aren't in the fold of Islam (Duh!) I think its really important that we educate ourselves first and then begin to worry about the Non-Muslims and their Friday nights.

Please do remember that asking questions is a good thing, if it does have relevance. The prophet Muhammad (S) was heard to have said that Allah hates three things and one of those is to ask too many questions (in disputed religious matters). (Bukhari)

Regarding Aishah (R), she narrated: 'The Prophet Muhammad (S) entered into marriage with me when I was a girl of six... and at the time (of joining his household) I was a girl of nine years of age'. (Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234).

Question yourself, why do you think Saudi women are very protected in the workplace? Its to avoid all the temptations that exist, anyone can fall for it. Its simply for their 'safety' and just shows their status in the eyes of the men who look out for them. Now with driving cars, firstly, it could reduce the amount of accidents that the country has and it could reduce pollution (car emissions) because the female population are not buying new cars to drive in. Wouldn't it feel special to have a door to door service and being chauffered everywhere you go. (I do not know the reasons behind the laws and policies made in Saudi)

lollywood wrote:

Dawa?

OK if you really want to know and broaden your horizons, then we'll answer your questions.

As Hummus explained, Muhammad (pbuh) married Aisha for a number of reasons, one of them being that it was expected of someone in his status, it was done to strengthen the ties with his friend Abu Bakr and because Aisha (RA) was wise and mature beyond her years- she was definitely old enough to go throu puberty and get married, according to that society.

Women being oppressed is a generalisation, which is based on what you see on TV, and what you might see men in beards do or say in Saudi (or anywhere). Real Islam liberates women by treating them as human beings, rather than as slaves or objects.

Muslims generally marry young because we can't/don't cohabit- we believe in aiming for marriage and beyond, rather than trial and error. People in the west tend to cohabit for a time before marrying.

Non-muslims don't necessarily live life to the full, some are very depressed and everyone (Muslims included) are bombarded constantly in a consumer society, where you're made to feel that what you are, or have is not enough. That really depresses people and for me, the fact that the One to please is Allah (swt) and not random people you don't know or like, is really calming.

While, we're at it- we sometimes say "not yet-Muslims" because the door is open for anyone who wants to accept (or even find out about) Islam.

Muslims by in large are NOT calling for Sharia law in the UK, you should read less of the Daily Mail and the Sun, seriously. Muslims and British people are NOT two separate groups- some Muslims are British and some Britons are Muslims, we need to stop talking about them as if they're completely different.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

lollywood wrote:

Dawa?

OK if you really want to know and broaden your horizons, then we'll answer your questions.

As Hummus explained, Muhammad (pbuh) married Aisha for a number of reasons, one of them being that it was expected of someone in his status, it was done to strengthen the ties with his friend Abu Bakr and because Aisha (RA) was wise and mature beyond her years- she was definitely old enough to go throu puberty and get married, according to that society.

Women being oppressed is a generalisation, which is based on what you see on TV, and what you might see men in beards do or say in Saudi (or anywhere). Real Islam liberates women by treating them as human beings, rather than as slaves or objects.

Muslims generally marry young because we can't/don't cohabit- we believe in aiming for marriage and beyond, rather than trial and error. People in the west tend to cohabit for a time before marrying.

Non-muslims don't necessarily live life to the full, some are very depressed and everyone (Muslims included) are bombarded constantly in a consumer society, where you're made to feel that what you are, or have is not enough. That really depresses people and for me, the fact that the One to please is Allah (swt) and not random people you don't know or like, is really calming.

While, we're at it- we sometimes say "not yet-Muslims" because the door is open for anyone who wants to accept (or even find out about) Islam.

Muslims by in large are NOT calling for Sharia law in the UK, you should read less of the Daily Mail and the Sun, seriously. Muslims and British people are NOT two separate groups- some Muslims are British and some Britons are Muslims, we need to stop talking about them as if they're completely different.

Lollywood just likes to break paragraphs up into quotes so he has more to say and comment on EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING.

Whyyyy do you bother!! 

The only thing YOU look at is the cultural side of things and how Muslims behave, not at the religion itself (pretty stupid i think)

And before you breaking this up into smaller chunks, I hold nothing against you.. just the way you're portraying some things which can be   seen REALLY offensive to some people!

TheRevivalEditor wrote:

I think Muslims don't have a problem mixing & integrating with non-muslims, because at the end of the day.. you're living in a british country. Personally, I don't mind being around non-muslims and I actually find it easier to interact with them more, but I wouldn't be too keen on having a really close mate who is a non-muslim, because you you could easily get influenced by what you see and their way of life really. 

There's always a minority of non-muslims who do not want to mix obviously and who are racist/islamophobic, because of prejudice views and what they hear on the media etc, and staying segretated is never going to help that either. So by mixing, you're more or less getting along and realizing that everyone's just the same.

I suppose I've never thought of it this way, coz being with non-muslims to me.. is just normal. It doesn't mean I don't interact with Muslims too, but depending on where you are and what you do, there isnt a problem in mixing & integrating [coz you will have to at some point in your life].. and it actually has more benefits to it  too IMO. 

Smile

The Lamp wrote:

Its hard for non-muslims to comprehend that Aisha (r.a) was wise and mature beyond her years

The Lamp wrote:

The burqa oppresses women

In some Muslim countries men and women shop on diff days so that they don't come into contact with non-mehram- that can also be seen as oppression, In some countries they don't let women out without a male mehram that can also be seen as oppression 

The Lamp wrote:

Why can't we wait for marriage?

The Lamp wrote:

Allah says its about niyat he says i'll throw your namaz back in your face if you didn't read it with meaning and sincerity

The Lamp wrote:

Muslims want to convert people just like you see these crazy women going on about jesus outside any uk highstreet

The Lamp wrote:

Look at this

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNp9aSvVAaA]

lollywood wrote:

Its hard for non-muslims to comprehend that Aisha (r.a) was wise and mature beyond her years

It is easier to comprehend that she may have been as old as 19  at the age of marriage.

I've got an itchy ban finger.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
It is easier to comprehend that she may have been as old as 19  at the age of marriage.

Bukhari shareef

7:88 P65

Says age 6

Sahih Muslm shareef

2:3310- (3310 -3311)

Says age 9

Abu Daood shareef

(2:2116 P569

Aisha (R.A) herself said

The apostle of Allah married me when I was seven, he had sex with me when I was 9

Abu Daood shareef

49:15 Aisha (r.a) said The apostle of Allah married me when I was 6 or 7.

Ib-e-Majah shareef

3:1876, P133

Says Aisha (R.A) was married at the age of 6 and went to mohammed (PBUH) house at the age of 9

Tum Allah ki koun koun see hadees jhutlao gey?

Ask yourself this, who is she saying this to? Would she really anounce it to the world? No, of course not, so please be careful about getting your source from an internet site, especially if it looks dodgy.

Can we ask where you got that from?

Assalamualakum

wow i think that video about the people trying to turn the queens house into a mosque should be done!!! but my answer to the question is that it is different to other people for example my friend who is a young muslim wore a scarf but when she went out she use to take it off and go partying with her non-muslim friends but mashallah now she is wearing a scarf and NEVER takes it off not even at home most of the time and now she is also wearing a abia (burkah) to school. This shows how young muslims can change and see the beauties of Allah and what our almighty God can do.

very interesting views posted on here.

My take is very different to what has already been posted on here. Firstly I'm still at school, in my last year and my school is mostly non-muslims, they are either mostly Christians or aethiests. There are a number of muslims in my year so its not like I'm the only one.

My closest friends are non-muslim. I've got friends that are muslim but my closest friends; the people I share things with and go watch films with etc. are all non-muslim. Now someone preiviously said that it's so hard to have close non-muslim friends beacuse of the barriers. I've found that there doesn't need to be any barriers. Barriers only exist if you put them up and block yourselves out. Mashallah my friends are great and very understanding but only because I took the time to explain things to them. So now when they parties where there is alcohol I don't go and they respect that  and think nothing of it. Or they don't get out the drink until I leave. Most are in relationships and as  much as I don't agree with dating/drinking etc I try not to pass judgement and in return I have no peer pressure to join in. I think that it's really important that people stop thinking about non-muslims like they can never never be friends because of culture differences beacuse by doing that you are isolating / segregating yourselves and there isnt a need. I found my asian muslim friends to be quite judgemental in comparison and by that I mean they always seem to be in competetion with me and each other about grades and achievenments and stuff like that. They also seem to bitch about each other whereas my non -muslim friends have never really done this. My muslim friends are boring. And my  reason for saying this is because they aren't willing to go out and try and do stuff like sports, go up for roles in the school such as prefecting, they have no ambition to go out and gain experience for example I'm tryign to gain work experience at a  children's hospice this summer. When we were given teh option of doing teh DUke of Edinburgh award which involves a 2 day one night expedition where you have to camp  and hike in teh most beautiful places in Britain they wanted nothing to do with it! 

I find that I fit in better and have more in common with my non-muslim friends beacuse they like me like sports, I cycle, trampoline and hopefully will start rowing this summer, I want to go out and try and gain experiences by going on residential trips and by going to courses so my CV will be better than others. Last summer I was lucky enough to gain a place on Salter's Chemistry Camp (I know super geeky) and it was a 3 day two night chemisry course at Univeristy of Sussex. It wa excellent I got to make loads to frinds and meet lots of people i knew would have done normally The reason for me telling you thi is that is was during the middle of Ramadan and I am very proud to say that I was a) the only asian and b) I kept my fasts throughout those three days. There was a turkish guy there who said he would catch them up at the end of the month but that felt like cheating so I took some of my own food and used the Uni kitchen to make myself food for teh dawn meal. So it shows that you cna have close non-muslim friends and not give up your beliefs or compromise on your religion. People need to stop making excuses and try and explain our beliefs and our customs to people so that ignorence can be abolished and we dont idiots being racists and stuff. The only way we are going to be intergrated is by understanding each other - instead of saying 'O, i dont have non-muslims friends as they don't understand me' Make them understand you by explaining things to them you'll be suprised how uneducated people are and how much they actually want to learn. 

Now when it comes to music I like music and own an ipod etc. and I dont know why people say it's not allowed thats something I would like more information on please.

Sorry for such a long post but I felt that it had to be said. 

The Seeker wrote:
very interesting views posted on here.

My take is very different to what has already been posted on here. Firstly I'm still at school, in my last year and my school is mostly non-muslims, they are either mostly Christians or aethiests. There are a number of muslims in my year so its not like I'm the only one.

It’s Atheists not aethiests

The Seeker wrote:
Now when it comes to music I like music and own an ipod etc. and I dont know why people say it's not allowed thats something I would like more information on please.

I feel the same, why is Islam so hostile towards music films arts and culture in general even poetry's haram in islam

What is the problem with films and Music?

We need to stand up and say no we don't want an Islam that does not allow films and music as i''ve said before moderate muslim countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan make films and release music and have done when the the people of these countries were non-muslim they are not going to stop something which they have done before even Islam was around still I think that Music has gone a bit underground in Pakistan because Pakistan govt. gave in to the taliban in swat allowing them to implement sharia law in that part of Pakistan and a few months ago they wanted a total ban on music concerts in collages in the Punjab region which I don't think happened

Hummus wrote:

Poetry is not haraam in Islam!

Are you sure? someone told me it is

lollywood wrote:

Hummus wrote:

Poetry is not haraam in Islam!

Are you sure? someone told me it is

Here's a link:

Read 'carefully', please!

'Beneficial poetry is like beneficial speech. Useless and evil poetry is like useless and evil speech'

errmm... i have to say most of the muslims now days do actually mix with the non-muslims some people do when its neccecory but the people that do mix with the non-english and form a strong releationship are kind of wrong, coz there religion [islam <3 ] they will move futher away from it most of the time, or they change the way they dress, who they hang out with, form releationships etc. i dont have to go on but the good smart muslims will go to the non-muslims when it is neccosaory and the daft ones will go to the non-muslims and keep them as best mates. i do adivce you not to mix up with these people becasue they really do mash you up.

**bassed on my experiance

certain movies and certain music isnt allowed because it contains more bad than good. or just bad no good. its very simple. God doesnt get pleasure out of  stopping you from doing/eating/dressing a certain way. its for your own goods. these things bring more harm then good.

Welcome to The Revival, 'fiza786'. Smile

I think it depends on how strong your faith is and how easily your influenced by others. If you can instantly fall for the non-Muslim ways, then don't be surprised to feel that it 'mashes' you up!

Pages