Ramadhan 2012 (1433)

The sahabah spent the whole year preparing for Ramadhan. We've only got about 2 and a half months so I thought I'd create a reminder for all of us to start preparing now! Smile

We should starting creating goals and have our aims ready by the start of Ramadhan. And perhaps start trying to do things which we want to improve during Ramadhan, so it's that little bit easier.

Also, I had an idea. You know how Bilan blogged a chapter or so of 'Dua: the weapon of the believer'? Well I'm pretty sure everyone who read that really benefitted from it. (JazakAllah, again Bilan! Biggrin ) So I was wondering if someone would like to do the same thing with another book. I thought all of us who are willing to do something like that could write down a title of a book or two which we might want to blog summaries of and then at the end everyone could sort of vote for which book they'd most like info on. 

I'll have to warn you -I'm really not great at summarising but I'm willing to try. sbf's topic on the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wives (ra) reminded me of a book I bought yearrrrrrs ago which I haven't actually read from cover-to-cover. It's about the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) wives (ra) called something like "The women of paradise" (I'm gna have to find it too)

So yh, that's the title I'm putting forward.

I'm going to revisit some of the surahs that I memorised as a teenager but have forgotten since.
What I'll attempt to do is re learn two every week.

THAT IF SUCH A COOL IDEA TPOS!!!

i dont know what book to do!! think think think think.

oh, last ramadan i started watching this series called "secrets of the heart" but i still ahvent finished it Blush shame shame shame on me. but i'd really like to do that. and there was another series called "purification of the soul" i think. by shaykh Abu Abdissalaam.

ohhh!! IM SO EXCITED!!!! when is ramdan starting? first week of august?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Smile

Ramadhan will start around July 20/21st Smile

NS good idea! I find I can remember surahs as soon as I start reading them but sometimes I can't remember them off by heart :s need to get them proper drilled in my head, inshaAllah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

wa iyaki. I'm currently reading a book, just started it so dont know if it'll be any good to blog about so we'll see inshaaAllah. I'm looking forward to Ramada actually, very much so. Last one was great alhamdulillah, so inshaaAllah this one will be better. I'll probs be reading more books actually, so who knws...

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Last Ramadhan was the BEST! Alhamdulillah, loved it. Nothing that i could've planned. 

Saying that though you're right, i need to set goals and more importantly get training for Ramadhan. Some muslims unfortunately have decided that taking part in the olympics is more importanat but they're crazy (May Allah guide them. Ameen). Ramadhan is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the year. Insha Allah i'm aiming for the highest reward. 

Jazakallah khairun for the Ramadhan. 

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Hmm, my plans, its time i got started.. (thanks for the reminder!)

Well, recently I've become more punctual with my Salah. I'm taking it more seriously and giving it more of a priority. I leave everything aside and pray first. Now, I need to keep that up and gain happiness and all the good stuff from it. Then, i need to complete my memorisation of Surah Yaseen. I reached about half way. Thats two things so far. This Ramadhan i want to feel it 'spiritually', I want it to be like, 'that Ramadhan', really made me think and change my ways for the better. I don't want it to be like, oh, im doing it for Ramadhan, but it should continue, even after Ramadhan has ended.

Hummus wrote:

Hmm, my plans, its time i got started.. (thanks for the reminder!)

Well, recently I've become more punctual with my Salah. I'm taking it more seriously and giving it more of a priority. I leave everything aside and pray first. Now, I need to keep that up and gain happiness and all the good stuff from it. Then, i need to complete my memorisation of Surah Yaseen. I reached about half way. Thats two things so far. This Ramadhan i want to feel it 'spiritually', I want it to be like, 'that Ramadhan', really made me think and change my ways for the better. I don't want it to be like, oh, im doing it for Ramadhan, but it should continue, even after Ramadhan has ended.

love it, mash Allah...nice realistic goals. 

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

bilan wrote:

Last one was great alhamdulillah,

coz I WAS IN HER LIFEEEEEEE

Bilan wrote:

so inshaaAllah this one will be better.

coz im here again

i never understood why lollywood bothered with the cutitng up words... i still dont get it. pain in the back that is.

how abt we memorize hadith this ramadan? maybe two a week if they arent too long? i want to memorize ones abt manners.

isnt it great that ramadan is in summer right now? when we're all "zealous" to improve ourselves. i think it was the PERFECT timing!

I need to listen to the Bayyinah podcast on Surah Yaseen again and make notes. Might start doing that before Ramadhan/this week actually, inshaAllah. I really liked it, so give it a listen if you have the time Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

there's also: yes but its disliked

you can, but it'd be better if you didnt. BECAUSE (this is in answer to why)

by Him whose Hand is my soul, the smell of the breath of a fasting person is better to Allah then the smell of musk [bukhari]

but we all know it doesnt smell like musk to others. so brush away. anyway, toothpaste smell dont stay for whole day.

im assuming you read the link. why are you not happy with the answers?