The Revival Newsblog

165 posts / 0 new
Last post

Do you think us three are the only ones who use the NewsBlog?

:?

"Beast" wrote:
Do you think us three are the only ones who use the NewsBlog?

dave posts on it occasionally.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I have improved how the newsblog is seen on the homepage...

Before I put it on, I need to get some feedback.

Look at the [url=

I have added news by category at the bottom.

Should that go on the homepage? (the most recent post in each category will show its title... and the categoried there can be reordered... or individually removed.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The 'news by category' section doesn't look very appealing.

"Beast" wrote:
The 'news by category' section doesn't look very appealing.

How can it be improved? what colours? (I copied the gray off BBC... as someone said have it like BBC before...)

I have made a quick change.... is it better? (I have colourised the category titles...)

And btw, Ed does not seem to be infavour of the newsblog.

I am very in favour of it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

And btw, Ed does not seem to be infavour of the newsblog.

what does he know :roll:

i say we fire him :twisted:

This is not good.

LilSis is on the warpath. She is targetting me for assasination, and Ed for a firing squad!

The Crimson revolution?

Maybe if you had two colums.

Then have the categories on one side and the headlines on the other.

"Beast" wrote:
Maybe if you had two colums.

Then have the categories on one side and the headlines on the other.

Would that not be too much of a list?

Maybe just add a oic of the world in the background?

"Admin" wrote:
This is not good.

LilSis is on the warpath. She is targetting me for assasination, and Ed for a firing squad!

The Crimson revolution?

u two have earned my wrath

hell hath no fury as a LilSis scorned :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
Would that not be too much of a list?

Maybe just add a oic of the world in the background?

Go with your original idea, but have the categories and the headlines be a different colour.

Also make the categories in bold. And the headlines in a comparatively smaller font size.

Have you visited the page again?

I am certain I did just that... :?

Or do you want the colour MORE diferent, and the categories more bold?

"Admin" wrote:
Have you visited the page again?

I am certain I did just that... :?

Or do you want the colour MORE diferent, and the categories more bold?

It's the same as before at the mo.

No need for 'more boldness', just [u]boldness[/u] etc.

are the categories in red?

if not click ctrl-f5

(The sections should be bold and dark red. The newstitles grey and thin and smaller.)

"Admin" wrote:

Look at the [url=

Can I have some reactions please?

I need to decide wether to put in on homepage!

"Admin" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Look at the [url=

Can I have some reactions please?

I need to decide wether to put in on homepage!

looks fine to me. but do Europe and Americas have to b bundled together....?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

They are bundled together as that aritcle is in both categories.

When that is no longer the latest article in those topics, they will nto be bundled together.

(you will also see there is another category called just europe...)

"Admin" wrote:
They are bundled together as that aritcle is in both categories.

When that is no longer the latest article in those topics, they will nto be bundled together.

(you will also see there is another category called just europe...)

ah ok. (doh!)

Irf, ur missing a link to the latest article bout Iran (i assume its from Reuters?)

No.

BBC quoted from a Reuters interview in one of the articles.

But, way to go with the eagle eyes! Biggrin

I am currently adding the articles onto the database.

So can you please not make any news posts til further notice.

(If you wanna help adding the news items, and have a newsblog login let me know...)

i dont like the newsblogs

especiallay as the homepage is bieng over-filled with them

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

wait til I am finished then!

The wholething will be based off the newsblog! (I am customising it to use as a CMS...)

There is only a small section taken up by the blog! and the bits below that have not really been touched since ramadan anyway.

This will all change.

"Admin" wrote:

The wholething will be based off the newsblog! (I am customising it to use as a CMS...)

There is only a small section taken up by the blog! and the bits below that have not really been touched since ramadan anyway.

This will all change.

whats thus CMS your always banging on about...........

why does a youth website have old articles and BORING newsblogs......

i mean, they are good (some, not all).....but not with the revival theme!!

ok sum news is important, not so much that the website is all about newsblogs and no articles - to the extent, you click on homepage and all you see is newsblogs on international news.......thought it was a 'hip' youth site

get some new good articles

IMO.....all these newsblogs is bcoz too lazy to put good articles

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

This will all change.

whats thus CMS your always banging on about...........

why does a youth website have old articles and BORING newsblogs......

i mean, they are good (some, not all).....but not with the revival theme!!

ok sum news is important, not so much that the website is all about newsblogs and no articles - to the extent, you click on homepage and all you see is newsblogs on international news.......thought it was a 'hip' youth site

get some new good articles

IMO.....all these newsblogs is bcoz too lazy to put good articles

i guess we're doing it in the hope that 'hip youth' like yerself will find out who Mahmoud Abbas is. :roll: Blum 3

[size=7]honestly... 'hip' youth... more like lazy youth![/size]

Ok you can start posting news again... Make sure you untick the 'The Revial' Category, and click the right one.

I have added an articles master category with articles section. I will address that in the 'General website stuff' topic.

Where'd my pic of Mahmoud Abbas go? :?

"Beast" wrote:
Where'd my pic of Mahmoud Abbas go? :?

It had to go when I was moving stuff.

The image location changed, so all that could be seen was a long filename...

Pages