Writers required- The Revival mag online

The Revival Magazine print version is currently on hold and now we are hoping to launch an on-line magazine.

So we are in need of regular writers for the on-line mag.

If you are a writer or have strong views on issues facing Muslims today then why not get on board with the revival- we do aim to represent the voice of the Muslim youth.

Send me a PM or an email to: if interested.

wasalaam

mmm... i expected a better response than that:-)

You may not be a writer but you' do have strong views...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

There is no such thing as a writer.

There are just people who write or have something to say.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

but some people..just write in a way that gets to people. i dont know... i dont think i could write "good enough" stuff on a regular basis...

how about you give us a bit more info on what it entails to be a writer for the online mag 'Ed?

acutally..if it s online mag..then writing "blog style" might be more acceptable right?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Formal articles are banned on this place anyway.

Leave the queens engligh to the queen.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's not just about writing in proper english, it's the style you write in as well, tone of voice you use blah blah blah

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

But on what exactly?

Maybe you should put up a list of topics and see if people sign up to what they want to do?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Salaam

The first thing is that you are passionate about muslim youth and issues facing Muslims today.
After that if you can write thats cool, if you can't then your ideas, views, input and feedback on articles, proofreading etc is enough.
An editorial team is not just about writers... not everyone can write but everyone can contribute in their own way.

With writing...you just give it a go...and I can help alongside others. I don't see myself as a writer... i just collect my thoughts and go with the flow. The beauty about the revival is that the articles dont need to be formal/intellectual... you just need to relate to your audience... talk about issues young muslims today deal with all the time.. and leave the rest to the editors....

topics wise...anything from drugs/alcohol abuse, marriage, boy/girlfriends, diary of a bad man, arrivals, mosques,imams, peer pressure, materialism, sectarainism, extremism, politics, work, uni life, bullying, abuse, parents, faceboook/twitter, sport, role models, media, death, purpose of life, gangsterism, homosexuality, niqab/hijab, temptation, music, nasheeds, palestine/syria, imran khan n pakistan, taliban, spirituality, unity, integration,abortion, culture ....
i could go on and on...

make it personal, talk/write about what u been through, what was tough when you were/are a muslim youth, write about stuff that your mates are going through....

if you wanna get involved in any way then pm me or send an email and I will get you on board....

Titanium wrote:

You wrote:
There is no such thing as a writer. There are just people who write or have something to say.

As evident from recent Forum reaction to me or what I have to say. I doubt it'll work. If people have something to say they must be on the same wavelength as the mass audience, just give the auidience what they want to hear. 

I don't see the point in that.

Smile

Neither do i...you're not here to make everyone happy, it's somewhere where you can voice your own opinion. I know hot it gets when people don't necessarily agree with you and i see where you're coming from. The way i see it is, this is a way i can test my opinion and find out whether i'm right or wrong. 

The sahaba didn't always agree with each other, this is why they had 'shurrah' a meeting. 

I for one think alot my opinions on several subjects don't coincide with others on this site. You'll get this everywhere though. It's a test if your beliefs

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Difference while stamped upon is needed.