Questions about Shias + free for all

i am shia muslim. dont hesatate to ask me any questions about shia islam. i dont know everything so. i am not an imam.
i get asked loads of qs in collage. sometimes i dont know the answers.

anyways.

Om, questions that have come up before:

1. What do you believe about the Imams?
2. The sahaba?
3. Mu'ta marriage. What is the length of divorce period for the woman? do all shias accept its validity? what if it is used to legalise prostitution?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

4. do shias believe the quran has been tampered with and there have been additions and omissions from it ?

Yeah i think we should let him answer these question before people starting asking more questions at him, but just out of interest are u the same Malik that was a member on the old forum for a while, if i remember right he was Shia as well.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

first shia on this site?

my my. you threw so many qs.
quran is pure and Allah tols us it cannot be changed, so i dont believe quran is tampered. shias have same quran as sunnis. but its true that some muslims after the prophet pbuhhf tried to change it but Imam Ali stopped stopped them.

Imam Ali is our first Imam. We have 12 in total. We think of them as successors of the prophet pbuhhf. they are all infallible cannot sin. sahabas were not all loyal to prophet pbuhhf, only a few remained true to islam. the rest we dont respect at all. they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you. mutah is temporary marriage allowed in islam. some liberal minded shias who follow the west try to do away with it. but majority of us believe it is valid. i dont know about the iddah period after the end of mutah. that's a fiqh q.

yes i am same malik as before. i went off coz i was too busy to come on. now a sis reminded me again and the revival mag got me interested.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
the rest we dont respect at all. they are just like ordinary Muslims.

does that mean u dont respect 'ordinary muslims'? Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

sorry. i was not clear. we respect all human beings. all muslims too. i was meant to say we don't have any special respect for some sahabas. we have speaciall respect for only few loyal sahabas of prophet pbuhhf. the rest are treated like ordinary sunnis muslims. they have no authority for us at all. only good sahabas have authority over us. i hope i am clear now.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

every Sahabah is better than me (and us).

They were all loyal to the Prophet (saw).

However they did disagree on some of the finer points.

None were not ma'sum, but they had seen the light if Islam, and had met the Prophet, so they should never be taken lightly.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"malik" wrote:
sorry. i was not clear. we respect all human beings. all muslims too. i was meant to say we don't have any special respect for some sahabas. we have speaciall respect for only few loyal sahabas of prophet pbuhhf. the rest are treated like ordinary sunnis muslims. they have no authority for us at all. only good sahabas have authority over us. i hope i am clear now.

i was half-kidding... but i ges u clarified ur point for everyone thru that^... following on from that, is it true that some shi'as insult the 'ordinary' sahaba? if so, do u agree with them?

also, u forgot to anser admin's last Q (regarding mut'ah):

Quote:
what if it is used to legalise prostitution?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"malik" wrote:

sahabas were not all loyal to prophet pbuhhf, only a few remained true to islam. the rest we dont respect at all. they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.

The above statements are enough to declare this shia a fasiq fajir. Give him time, soon his kufr will be open to all.

Sahabah Karaam are the blessed and Noble Jama'at. They were chosen to be the Companions of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

It is the belief of Islam that they were ALL sane, pious, upright, just. To utter one word upon the Sahaabah Karaam at the very least is open rebellion open fisq and open fujoor and at worst kufr - and this is the line that we take.

Sahabah Karaam- ALLAH is pleased with them and they are pleased with ALLAH.

Any people who are not gonna take my word for this because of my background, Then I refer you to the videotape munaazarah of Peer Irfan Shah Mashadi which he had in Manchester wih - . . . cant remember his name, but find that videotape and Peer Mashadi Sahib there will openly and blatantly expose the sin of making tabarra on Sahaabah Karaam, and mashaALLAH also puts an extremely thorough and wellthought case in defence of all Sahabah Karaam but specifically Sayyidina Muawiyah radhiyallahu anh.

[b]EDIT BY ADMIN[/b]

The ending has been deleted.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"malik" wrote:

sahabas were not all loyal to prophet pbuhhf, only a few remained true to islam. the rest we dont respect at all. they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.

The above statements are enough to declare this shia a fasiq fajir. Give him time, soon his kufr will be open to all.

Sahabah Karaam are the blessed and Noble Jama'at. They were chosen to be the Companions of Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

It is the belief of Islam that they were ALL sane, pious, upright, just. To utter one word upon the Sahaabah Karaam at the very least is open rebellion open fisq and open fujoor and at worst kufr - and this is the line that we take.

Sahabah Karaam- ALLAH is pleased with them and they are pleased with ALLAH.

Any people who are not gonna take my word for this because of my background, Then I refer you to the videotape munaazarah of Peer Irfan Shah Mashadi which he had in Manchester wih - . . . cant remember his name, but find that videotape and Peer Mashadi Sahib there will openly and blatantly expose the sin of making tabarra on Sahaabah Karaam, and mashaALLAH also puts an extremely thorough and wellthought case in defence of all Sahabah Karaam but specifically Sayyidina Muawiyah radhiyallahu anh.

salaam

i dont normally agree with Med but on this occassion he is correct. Any disrespect to the sahabah is kufr.
How can anyopne say sahabah were not loyal to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) !!! how can anybody say they were just like ordinary muslims!!!!
th eprophet himself praised highly alot of the sahabas including the khulafa-e-rashidin....

so if shias disrespect sahabah then that is kufr...

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

salaam

i dont normally agree with Med but on this occassion he is correct. Any disrespect to the sahabah is kufr.
How can anyopne say sahabah were not loyal to the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) !!! how can anybody say they were just like ordinary muslims!!!!
th eprophet himself praised highly alot of the sahabas including the khulafa-e-rashidin....

wasalaam

dare i ask for evidence? :roll:

"Aasiyah" wrote:

salaam

wasalaam

evidence that disrespect of sahabah is kufr?

Too be honest i wouldn't put the act of kufr on what the shia brother has said. Niether would i agree with what he said. I been trying to read up on as much Sahabi as possible of late and you can't help but feel immense love for all of them when you read about them. Yes there were constant disagreement amoungst them, but the respect and love they all had for each other never disappeared. It be good to see at least some of that in today muslims :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
Too be honest i wouldn't put the act of kufr on what the shia brother has said. Niether would i agree with what he said. I been trying to read up on as much Sahabi as possible of late and you can't help but feel immense love for all of them when you read about them. Yes there were constant disagreement amoungst them, but the respect and love they all had for each other never disappeared. It be good to see at least some of that in today muslims :roll:

so when someone says the sahabs werent loyal to the prophet andthat ' [b]only a few remained true to islam. the rest we dont respect at all.[/b] they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.'
what would you say to that Yuit?

a muslim who has no respect for the sahabah!!!!
no muslim can ever reach the status of a sahabi but to say that: [b]'they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.'[/b] im sorry but this not mainstream Islam, and this is very insulting... and if u ask any scholar they will tell you that insulting the sahabah is kufr.

"Aasiyah" wrote:

salaam

wasalaam

is that a problem?

just like every Sunni aint into putting Fatwa's of Shirk or Kafir on other MUSLIMS

every shia is not into abusing or slandering the Sahaba-

I have a relatve who is a shia-she has NEVER dissed any Sahaba

u get loads of diff types of shia who believe diff things

Just like u get hardcore, extreme Sunni's u also get hardcore, extreme shia

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

salaam

wasalaam

is that a problem?

no i was asking whether that was what you are looking for. no its not a problem. i will look up for some evidences an dpost them here.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
just like every Sunni aint into putting Fatwa's of Shirk or Kafir on other MUSLIMS

every shia is not into abusing or slandering the Sahaba-

I have a relatve who is a shia-she has NEVER dissed any Sahaba

u get loads of diff types of shia who believe diff things

Just like u get hardcore, extreme Sunni's u also get hardcore, extreme shia

i was referring to what the brother mentioned
also i was talking about anyone who insults the sahabah....

come on ppl , i believe in unity more than most...but when someone insults the sahabah that is going too far....we have to call a spade a spade.

"yuit" wrote:

so when someone says the sahabs werent loyal to the prophet andthat ' [b]only a few remained true to islam. the rest we dont respect at all.[/b] they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.'
what would you say to that Yuit?

a muslim who has no respect for the sahabah!!!!
no muslim can ever reach the status of a sahabi but to say that: [b]'they are just like ordinary Muslims. like me and you.'[/b] im sorry but this not mainstream Islam, and this is very insulting... and if u ask any scholar they will tell you that insulting the sahabah is kufr.

I said i don't agree with what Malik said, but you also have to remember, he corrected his first statement. I sure he respect all sahabi, but not as much sunni muslims. But i wouldn't be quick to put the kufr on him, till i have all the facts and before he get a good chnace to fully explain himself, don't want to be quick to jump to conclusions. Ishallah next time a scholar come to my town i will make a serious attempt to get that question answer.

[url=http//

I totally disagree with the boy

but Fatwa's of Kafir or Kufr is taking it too far

people in the past used to think twice before calling sumin haraam or halaal

and here we have people quick to call people KAFIR :roll:

even though it is well known that if a muslim calls another muslim a kafir one of them if def a kafir

so girl-even if they ARE Kafir is God gonna give u a gold medel for saying so? :roll:

1. ED

MashaALLAH. May ALLAH bless you in your love for Sahaabah Karaam and increase you and us in this love. ameen

2. Jaafiri/ Ithna ashariyya/ twelvers are different names for the same shi'te jamaat and they are the majority.

3. Shi'tes (twelvers and most of the rest) are kafir beyond any doubt. If people wish evidence of this from classical scholars PM me inshaALLAH and we shall drown you in evidence.

4. Is it going too far to call shi'tes kafir? Well, those who worry abt it then I say dont worry abt my imaan in regards this. Calling a muslim a kafir is indeed a great thing, but calling a Sahaabi an ordinary person and saying they did not remain true to islaam is bigger then that.

I dont know what khutbah ppl hear on jumu'ah, but one famous one has the words of Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam to the effect:

FEAR ALLAH, FEAR ALLAH in regards to my Sahabah. Whoever loves them loves them for my sake and whoever has enmity to them has enmity to them for my sake.

5. If any1 has never heard a shi'te make tabarra, then again PM me and I will inshaALLAH provide evidence of their dogma in regards taqiyya/tuqya which is camouflaging their true beliefs.

6. AGAIN ANY1 WHO WANTS EVIDENCE FROM SHI'TES SOURCES OR FROM THE CLASSICAL SCHOLARS PM ME. It will be an honour for me to assist in anyway inshaALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

since knowing whether or not shia are kafir will not make me a better or worse Muslim

I'll give it a miss

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
since knowing whether or not shia are kafir will not make me a better or worse Muslim

I'll give it a miss

really?

i'm mystified, plz explain.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I'll give it a miss

really?

condemning them to hell and calling or beleiving that they are kafir will not gaurentee me a place in paradise

BUT wrongly accusing a Muslim of being a kafir is a massive thing-ifI'm wrong then I'm a kafir

I'll leave the judgments for God on Judgement Day

"naj" wrote:
by me the majority are kaafir...i dont need to think twice in saying so .as it is [b]pretty[/b] obvious

so its not 100% obvious?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I'll give it a miss

really?

condemning them to hell and calling or beleiving that they are kafir will not gaurentee me a place in paradise

BUT wrongly accusing a Muslim of being a kafir is a massive thing-ifI'm wrong then I'm a kafir

I'll leave the judgments for God on Judgement Day

k.

in that case qadianis are not your concern either?

nor should it concern you when xian missionaries start their activities in muslim lands?

nor should it concern you when ppl who are potentially renegades are spreading their batil views and robbing unsuspecting muslims of their imaan?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

You do not know what every single person believes, thus making a general fatwa is flawed.

Secondly, is it kufr or is it fisq? make up your mind.

We will NEVER agree with their verdict on the Sahaaba's. IUts time to get used to that fact.

Calling someone else a kaafir does not make the accuser a better muslim. It can make them a worse muslim.

We are not to judge. That is the Job of Allah (swt)

oh, and the verdict of 'classical' scholars does not apply. Shiaism has morphed over time. Study their history. They have changed alot over the times, swinging one way, then the other. the Shiat 'Ali are not the same as modern shias. Unfortunately I have forgotten most of my history lessons.... so cannot remember the finer details...

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
by me the majority are kaafir...i dont need to think twice in saying so .as it is [b]pretty[/b] obvious

so its not 100% obvious?

is

Pages

Topic locked