Is Islam in Favor of Female Education Or Against It?

World has gotten to know so much about “Taliban”, especially after the horrific tragedy referred as 9/11 that served to perish the lives of more than 3000 innocent human beings in the United States of America. Ever since then, world media highlights any news about “Taliban”, a regime that operated in war-torn country of Afghanistan at the time United States of America in particular and the world in general was awestruck with the tragedy of 9/11.

For more details please visit the site below:

/raises hand enthusiastically

I know the answer to this question!

Can I answer it?

The answer is "no" isnt it?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The Pied Piper wrote:
Yes and no

what?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
The Pied Piper wrote:
Yes and no

what?

It's in favour of women getting an education in a women only environment where there is no free mixing, i.e worldly academic education, islamic education is a must and incumbent upon every muslim male and female same segregation rules apply.

the rules are of modesty.

Segregation is a practice that is used to apply the rules on modesty.

It is best to not get the two confused otherwise you get situations like in saudi where schools are on fire but no one opens the doors because opening them would remove segregation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

It is best to not get the two confused otherwise you get situations like in saudi where schools are on fire but no one opens the doors because opening them would remove segregation.

is that a real example?!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Something that has happened more than once.

WTH

You wrote:
Something that has happened more than once.

article?

my answer is Pied's answer.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

its in favour in fact theres a greater emphasis on women having an education because they have a hand in educating the children, and who would want a completely ignorant person educating their children, when they have ample opportunities for a free basic education in this country. if you emigrate to scotland fully no fee universities too Wink i love this place!

pied you said islam is against education for women if its not segregated, but the same rules of segregation apply to men too. All too often i have seen asian muslim fathers using this as an excuse not to let theirs daughters go uni, but their sons do go and mix with strange women? ironically they're fine with their daughters in mixed comprehensives whilst doing gcse's thats apparently A ok?

i agree there should be gender segregation but thats impossible in the uk and most western countries. even same sex schools have mixed gendered teachers so that doesn' resolve the problem. The only way is to educate your children to ensure they don't mix except where interaction is forced by the teacher i.e group work, presentions . Thats what i did. never freely mixed. i didnt have male friends and i didn't sit with them no one is forced to do that.

obviously if you are wealthy you could get home tuition, but that is beyond most people. i could scrape it for core subjects but all subjects no way its beyond my purse limits

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]