Which statement best sums up your feelings about friendship?

104 posts / 0 new
Last post

I think what Admin's tryna say is just make sure you're not isolating yourself whilst trying to improve on yourself - you have to work with what you have and improve that. Well maybe that's not what he means but that's what his comments reminded me of Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yes if that's the case then true isolation without spiritual guidance is suicide for the soul

I genrally interact with Muslims and non Muslims, as i hate to see everyone not mixing in an just keeping to one "set"...

Although I hate it when your walking down the street and give Salaam, and people just give you weird looks back. :/
Would it hurt to smile and say Salaam back???

Perhaps I'm too cheerful...

Sallam Blum 3

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

I spelt Salaam wrong. It still won't let me edit :/

Salaam! (again) Blum 3

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Carry on the good work, life's too short. Mashaalha

Lioness of Allah wrote:
I genrally interact with Muslims and non Muslims, as i hate to see everyone not mixing in an just keeping to one "set"...

Although I hate it when your walking down the street and give Salaam, and people just give you weird looks back. :/
Would it hurt to smile and say Salaam back???

Perhaps I'm too cheerful...

Sallam Blum 3

Wa alaikum as salam

Yeah i get that too....but i heard when you say salam and the person foes not repky that an angel replies back (not sure where i heard it) but still you're supposed initiate the salam anywayz and if someone don't return it they are sinful and they're basically saying they're not at peace with you.

This world needs cheering up anyway, although i know there isn't alot to smile about with the injustices, poverty etc. it's all a test from Allah and when you know everything is in Allah's hands you can say alhamdulillah.

I smile because i don't want shaitaan to think he's beaten me, shaitaan can't see what's in your heart Biggrin

.....and wth am i talking about :? Anyway keep smiling Biggrin (im not a hippy btw) i just like to think positive Biggrin Smile Wink Dirol

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Yes and me too you see You I'm not horrible I smile at everyone even men and say salaam and by the way I am a hippy only problem is in my community salaam is replied with 'teek ho' that really makes me not want to smile I keep giving salaam tho

laila wrote:
Yes and me too you see You I'm not horrible I smile at everyone even men and say salaam and by the way I am a hippy only problem is in my community salaam is replied with 'teek ho' that really makes me not want to smile I keep giving salaam tho

ermm...I don't think it's advisable to do that, especially if you mean randomers. I understand you have the best intention but...

:oops:

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

No every one knows everybody here in our little theyre calling it a village now

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
laila wrote:

ermm...I don't think it's advisable to do that, especially if you mean randomers. I understand you have the best intention but...

Lol +1

Trust me your intentions may be good but.......urgh men :roll:

I don't shake hands or anything or actually tell em I'm not 'teek, I just like to be polite many years ago I was accused of being stuck up I'm not having that I'm the most unstuck person I know

Foysol89 wrote:
laila wrote:

Lol +1

Men are human too do they not feel sleighted hurt even if they are ignored, Manys the time I've inadvertently walked past and unintentionally ignored them and seen the hurt on their faces, I expect if you've set a precedent they come to expect it it is tedious tho

laila wrote:

Men are human too do they not feel sleighted hurt even if they are ignored, Manys the time I've inadvertently walked past and unintentionally ignored them and seen the hurt on their faces, I expect if you've set a precedent they come to expect it it is tedious tho

It doesn't matter, they shouldn't. We both are supposed to lower our gaze - we wouldn't even notice if the other was smiling or not in that case! Wink

Foysol, fiifs, stop being so taliban.

"lowering the gaze" has more to it than staring at your feet.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

laila wrote:
I don't shake hands or anything or actually tell em I'm not 'teek, I just like to be polite many years ago I was accused of being stuck up I'm not having that I'm the most unstuck person I know

" 'i'm not 'teek' " loool. Really? Joke. No need to prove anything to anyone. You're not gonna get anywhere by trying to please people, they'll always have something bad to say about you.

Try to please Allah alone, He will overlook your shortcomings.

If only they did have something bad to say about me then I'd be so much easier to ignore the lot of them - seems like You was right at heart I'm an isolationist

they shouldn't care*

You wrote:
stop being so taliban

lol first we're being girly, know it's taliban-fied.

I don't mean to sound extreme, just saying it's unnecessary and generally unadvisable to smile at the opposite sex. Obviously I'm not saying don't ever smile at them. If you're at the shop and a guy kindly lets you go in front of him cuz you have less items, then you can smile as you say thank you, (happened to me the other day, found it rather nice) and other situations like that. But just walking down the street, smiling at everyone may send the wrong message to people AND yes we are supposed to do lower our gaze - nothing extreme about that, just the truth. Of course I saw *we* (and include myself) because I'm not perfect and I too, need to remember this, inshaAllah.

Smile

urgh, need the edit button back!

Urgh someone's gonna have to explain to Ya'qub how you guys managed to make this topic so depressing :/

It wasn't me, i have friends. Biggrin < -- see, happy

Foysol89 wrote:
Urgh someone's gonna have to explain to Ya'qub how you guys managed to make this topic so depressing :/

innit!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Foysol89 wrote:

It wasn't me, i have friends. Biggrin < -- see, happy

lol

I don't have many friends, a poor judge of character

Jameel wrote:
I don't have many friends, a poor judge of character

so you make them and lose them? :S

Welcome to The Revival? Biggrin

I FIGURED IT OUT! im not social, im just friendly. nowt wrong with friendly, if you havent hurt me i dont see why i shouldt like you.

the above doesnt apply to the males.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
I FIGURED IT OUT! im not social, im just friendly. nowt wrong with friendly, if you havent hurt me i dont see why i shouldt like you.

lol, why so against being social?

Lilly wrote:

lol, why so against being social?

i dont consider myself social. i dont like crowd and i still gasp and cringe and wanna get outta wetfield and i do notice masses of human bodies surrounding me. im no social. i dont like people describing me - im Lilly after all - but if they gonna do it get it right yo!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

lailas reply made me smile "im not social, i'm just friendly", she sums me up to a tee. I don't like crowds, i don't like big gatherings, of relatives ive never seen or strangers, i don't do small talk, it's not a skill i've acquired, and although it's necessary sometimes i just feel so fake, i can't do it. I have tried but i feel like im having an outer body experience when i do that. i can hear my inner voice saying what rubbish are you talking you are soo fake, you don't care if they're well, or what they've been doing, hell you don't even know their first name.

I've got rid of a friend, what's bad about that? Don't worry i didn't dispose of her body lol. I mean i don't trust her, i can't be friends with someone i can't trust. Also we have grown apart mainly because she has no interest in religious aspects at all, she mocks it.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Lilly* Smile

Foysol89 wrote:
laila wrote:

Lol +1

lol!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Pages