Bling Bling It’s a Paki Ting

181 posts / 0 new
Last post

[b]Salam Alikum,[/b]

I refused to use the term Pakistani because the of Pakistan ethic divisions, the Baluchi, Pashtun and Sindhi don’t call themselves Pakistani or nationalist for that matter, it would be better if the title of this thread was changed to Punjabi teen’s.

[b]ManfromZarqa

Jihad for the Sake of Allah[/b]

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:
[b]Salam Alikum,[/b]

I refused to use the term Pakistani because the of Pakistan ethic divisions, the Baluchi, Pashtun and Sindhi don’t call themselves Pakistani or nationalist for that matter, it would be better if the title of this thread was changed to Punjabi teen’s.

[b]ManfromZarqa

wot on earth are u chatting about? Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

[b]Salam Alikum,[/b]

I'm not a teacher, I do like to educate and get educated at the same time Dirol , the Punjabi’s are causing the trouble in this society.

Baluchi, Pashtun and Sindhi all don’t consider themselves to be Pakistan, only the Punjabi subscribe to nationalism.

[b]ManfromZarqa

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

[b]Salam Alikum,[/b]

I'm not a teacher, I do like to educate and get educated at the same time Dirol , the Punjabi’s are causing the trouble in this society.

Baluchi, Pashtun and Sindhi all don’t consider themselves to be Pakistan, only the Punjabi subscribe to nationalism.

[b]ManfromZarqa

wa'alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

but what has any of that^ got to do with women wearing chunky gold? Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

but what has any of that^ got to do with women wearing chunky gold? Fool

[b]Salam Alikum[/b]

If Muslim Pakistani mothers are following their materialistic desires, is it any real surprise will have Muslims youth who aspire to rap and the bling bling life style?

[b]ManfromZarqa

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:
If Muslim Pakistani mothers are following their materialistic desires, is it any real surprise will have Muslims youth who aspire to rap and the bling bling life style?

dear God. :roll:

plz bother reading the introductory post of each thread before commenting...

"*DUST*" wrote:

[b]Salam Alikum, [/b]

Maybe I’m guity of jumping in (head first as the expression goes), nevertheless the ManfromZarqa has a valid point.

[b]ManfromZarqa

hahhahaha Aasiyah has a new friend!!!

Kaboom

ewwww i hate asian gold, it looks tacky (most of it!)

I only happily own an asian gold thumb ring which is delicate and pretty but other than that i can't stand asian gold!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
hahhahaha Aasiyah has a new friend!!!

Kaboom

i do? Fool

Blum 3

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

[b]Salam Alikum, [/b]

Maybe I’m guity of jumping in (head first as the expression goes), nevertheless the ManfromZarqa has a valid point.

[b]ManfromZarqa

Did you just agree with yourself in the third person?

Can that even be done?

...oh I definitely gotta start doing this

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Can that even be done?

oh please don't, after a while it starts sounding silly and insane :shock:

"Angel" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Can that even be done?

oh please don't, after a while it starts sounding silly and insane :shock:

*GASP* [i]No[/i]?

"Don Karnage" wrote:

*GASP* [i]No[/i]?

No! You're already insane as it is! Biggrin

"Angel" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

*GASP* [i]No[/i]?

No! You're already insane as it is! Biggrin

Just a little!

"*DUST*" wrote:
"ManfromZarqa" wrote:

dear God. :roll:

Lol.

Many thread titles here are misleading..for e.g the "Muslim Unity" thread is about Shia genocide :?

So angel..has your sis brought her wedding bling bling yet? Nothing OTT I bet..

"MuslimSister" wrote:

So angel..has your sis brought her wedding bling bling yet? Nothing OTT I bet..

Well shes got her lengha sorted out but as for her jewellery nothing yet, but she wants to wear just one gold necklace and tikka etc since she's goin for the traditional look

I proly get her a nice bracelet thats white gold

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:

[b]ManfromZarqa

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Yet another aunty grabbed my hand the other day and said that my bare wrists “don’t look good”. I pointed out that they weren’t bare- I was wearing a charm bracelet…

I know what she meant though. I’ve heard this lecture many times before. I wasn’t wearing any gold.

I don’t like gold and I have never done so. I dislike the look and the colour. And how silly would it look if I was wearing 12 chunky gold bracelets with English clothes?

And I hardly own any gold…. I have two gold rings which were a B’day present (from an English shop). Two teeny, weeny gold nose studs (not worth more then £5 each). And a gold bracelet that dad got me a year ago… and I don’t like wearing that cos it snags on peoples clothes.

If an Asian girl is not dripping in gold-is it really a big deal? Does it mean that her parents are financially struggling? Does it mean that her parents/husband doesn’t love her? Does it mean that she is not “feminine” enough? Does it mean that she’s going against her so called culture?

I can understand the following “our culture” argument to a certain extent…however, is there anything wrong with NOT following some aspects of our culture?

I do think that an Asian bride is not complete unless she is wearing gold…but isn’t it so pointless to buy so much gold for only one day? Can she not borrow a friends wedding gold for a day? I also really do not see the point of buying so much gold when a girl is born so that she can wear it on her wedding day….by the time her wedding day comes the gold is gone out of fashion anyway.

My distant cousin got married this summer. It was surprising and refreshing to see a bride not dripping with gold. She only had one chain around her neck and that tikka thing on her head-She looked SO beautiful.….her mum told us that she didn’t want any gold. And I know my cousin is doted on by her parents, uncles and grandparents…she’s the only girl in the family and is even nicknamed “princess” (and treated like one too)….and her parents are very, VERY well off.

And why specifically yellow chunky, heavy gold? What’s wrong with a girl wearing delicate white gold or [url=?

The point of my thread isn’t to condemn those people who wear gold or even discourage people from wearing it. The issue raised is regarding the mentality that….a girl who isn’t dripping in gold is not loved by family….or that she’s not feminine enough or that she is going against her culture and becoming too “westernised”…. or that lack of gold reflects ones financial status. And this obsession with gold mainly shared by the older generation.

Please share you thoughts on all of the above…

Wasalaam

please READ and THEN discuss

otherwise ur crazy rants will look more out of place then they currently are :roll:

"ManfromZarqa" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

[b]Salam Alikum,[/b]

[b]ManfromZarqa

When it came to the time to destroy the Ottoman empire, the muslims of Arabia were asked why they allow themselves to be ruled by turks. The muslims of Mesopotamia were asked why would they be subjugated by foreigners. The turks were also asked why would they want to help inferiors... Instead of being strong together they all fragmented, and subsequently disintegrated.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The Turks gave them plenty of reason to split up by themselves.

My Islam teacher is a Syrian arab and he told us during the first world war Turks would come into arab towns - round up all the men 14 and up and they would never be heard from again.

Didn't exactly play well with the locals

My point was not about tthe turks and how bad they were, but that for divide and conquer to work, the first step is division.

So I was pointing out that Mr 'I have no ties to nationalism' was giving people diferent denominations which would later be used to divide.

(and the Islamically banned nationalism is when you support your people in something that is wrong. Like supporting Zarqawi...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol, I’ve been romanticising about the Ottoman Empire a lot in the last few weeks. The Turks weren’t all bad.

The Ottoman Empire was hijacked by the secular [i]Committee of Union and Progress[/i], who led the empire into war after disasterous war and encouraged Turks to look down on Arabs and others as inferior. They had no knowledge of Islam and persecuted the Ulema of the Empire and the non-Turk population. Bunch of traitors.

"latifah" wrote:
Lol, I’ve been romanticising about the Ottoman Empire a lot in the last few weeks. The Turks weren’t all bad.

The Ottoman Empire was hijacked by the secular [i]Committee of Union and Progress[/i], who led the empire into war after disasterous war and encouraged Turks to look down on Arabs and others as inferior. They had no knowledge of Islam and persecuted the Ulema of the Empire and the non-Turk population. Bunch of traitors.

Good afternoon Latifah!

I think ive heard of them before - weren't they the precursors to Kemal Attaturks revolution?

I dunno much about the death of the Turkish Empire...

In fact I dunno much about the Turks at all other than they were the bad guys - Hussars were pretty sweet and crushed them at Vienna - and they nailed the coffin shut on my beloved Byzantine Empire.

Do you have any Turkish ancestry? I thought you once mentioned your name had "Osman" in it and i've always wondered if you were like a long lost princess or something!

Hi there Don.

Yeah that’s them. They are better known as the “Young Turks” and they were vicious tyrants and betrayed the whole population of the empire and made everyone hate the Turks, Muslims and Non-Muslim alike. They believed in scientific racism and that certain races were genetically inferior, hence the brutality in WW1.

I probably have got some Turkish ancestry if I went back far enough. Turkish-ness has back into fashion in Bosnia these days, people like to grandly boast about some kind of link to the Amirs of the past. We have always had Turkish style names, most Muslims have a Turkish surname with ”vic” at the end, like mine, Osman.

Lol...I like to think of myself as a princess sent into exile by cruel enemies. One day I will reclaim my throne and peace and prosperity will return to the realm. Biggrin

"latifah" wrote:
Hi there Don.

Yeah that’s them. They are better known as the “Young Turks” and they were vicious tyrants and betrayed the whole population of the empire and made everyone hate the Turks, Muslims and Non-Muslim alike. They believed in scientific racism and that certain races were genetically inferior, hence the brutality in WW1.

I probably have got some Turkish ancestry if I went back far enough. Turkish-ness has back into fashion in Bosnia these days, people like to grandly boast about some kind of link to the Amirs of the past. We have always had Turkish style names, most Muslims have a Turkish surname with ”vic” at the end, like mine, Osman.

Lol...I like to think of myself as a princess sent into exile by cruel enemies. One day I will reclaim my throne and peace and prosperity will return to the realm. Biggrin

I actually dunno much about how the Turks fought in WWI - beyond Gallipoli and whatnot. However I knew attaturk believed heavily in "the Turk race" and was big into pan-Turkism.

lol well hopefully the enemies are filing out in expectation of your reign - I assume if "Turkishness" is back in fashion then the thugs don't have much pull anymore.

And of course people are getting married again! That's always hopeful

Young Turks at the least are technically rebels and rebellion leads to the hellfire.

Ataturk is a human devil. Musharraf likes Ataturk.

On the day of judgment each one will be with who he loves.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Young Turks at the least are technically rebels and rebellion leads to the hellfire.

Ataturk is a human devil. Musharraf likes Ataturk.

On the day of judgment each one will be with who he loves.

Most parts of Kashmir are in rebellion too.

I don't see anything wrong with rebellion - seeing as I wouldn't be in the USA without it.

But it all depends on what your reasons are, and how you go about it.

Bruv here I am referring to the rebellion against the legitimate state authority. The Young Turks rebelled against the caliphate and dismantled it, I dont claim to know the details or even anymore than this.

In our religion the people must obey the ruler and his authority, its a very complex issue with different rulings in different cases.

But the basis of the Young Turks rebellion was not religious, they were out to destroy the muslim community.

Kashmir - fighting against idolworshippers is good, not rebellion.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
In our religion the people must obey the ruler and his authority, its a very complex issue with different rulings in different cases.

Divine right?

The CUP didn't technically rebel against the Caliphate. Yes they were Western-minded but they wanted to make the Empire stronger not destroy it.

The Caliphate was abolished in 1924 quite a while after the leaders of the Committee of Union and Progress had gone into exile or been killed.

Ataturk abolished the Caliphate. He doesn't really count as a CUP member nor as a Young Turk - but Turkish nationalists would have us believe otherwise.

Besides, as far as I can tell, 'Caliph' was just an official title. In practical terms the office of the Caliphate was shared between the Sultan and the Sheikh-ul-Islam (approx. Grand Mufti). Either one of whom could get rid of the other if enough political pressure was applied.

Waaaaay off-topic...

Pages