Bling Bling It’s a Paki Ting

181 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Don Karnage" wrote:
...that's messed up.

It sounds like the Brits randomly sort of decided the subcontinent will be "Asia" and everything to the east of that is "East Asia" and everything to the west (but not Europe) is in the "middle" east.

How do you think kuwait was separated from Mesopotamia?

and why are to borders in Africa straight lines drawn with rulers, nd not along natural or ethnic divides?

We have this nack of fine grained separation. Historically it has not worked.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Med" wrote:
Asians are form subcontinent.

Chinks are any1 with funny eyes. They dont really tend to differntiate between japs and chinese and thailand lot.

I take it by the sarcasm this is a common perception.

Didn't the prince consort make some off color remark about asians and their "slitty eyes" recently or something like that?

Pretty much the same in the US too, lots of people just clump "asians" into the "slanty eyed yellow people" category and call it a night.

I suppose it is rather racist but without a great deal of exposure to any group of people it's hard to tell the difference (for example people can't really tell the difference between arabs and hispanics a lot).

I can definitely differenciate between thai, han ren and japanese but it's difficult.

Han ren look the most "Asian" they have more rounded faces and the eyes and all that, japanese by comparison look slightly polynesian and are usually a little paler.

Dunno many Thais but they look a bit darker than the Japanese but they share that Polynesian complexion.

Admin bro, did i say summat rong?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Admin bro, did i say summat rong?

I was not sure how much was in jest.

I thought better to spare any potential blushes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I think the [url= is really pretty.

Its an old fashioned thing though.

And Dave, many UK Asians are heavily influenced by RnB and Rap...more then "Bollywood". But the term "Bling bling" isnt that commonly used here...I just used it cos it rhymed with "Paki ting".

lol gotcha - clever cultural synthesis on the rhyme.

That is really pretty. Ornate stuff is tricky because if it is intricate enough it can be either very pretty or far too flashy. But that's got a really interesting exotic feel to it.

...on a somewhat unrelated note - is it me or is the R Kelly song "remix to ignition" a gigantic raunchy sexual inuendo?

How is it possible I never noticed that...

"Don Karnage" wrote:

...on a somewhat unrelated note - is it me or is the R Kelly song "remix to ignition" a gigantic raunchy sexual inuendo?

How is it possible I never noticed that...

Most Black music is full of sleazy inuendo's. And that song is very explicit.

I have a 16 year old brother who blasts such music from his room 24/7. And his room is right next to mine....

Edit: btw do you know where Asian brides wear I-m so happy that thing?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Most Black music is full of sleazy inuendo's. And that song is very explicit.

well... it's not really "black music" since that can also encompass (and in large part does) gospel, jazz, rap other than "gangsta rap" and soul - but the rap and pop scene, especially gangsta rap is always raunchy and disgusting.

Quote:
I have a 16 year old brother who blasts such music from his room 24/7. And his room is right next to mine....

That is so obnoxious, and can't be easy with school and studying and everything.

Quote:
Edit: btw do you know where Asian brides wear I-m so happy that thing?

This is from the article you posted:

[i]JOL1356 - A gold hair ornament (Jhumar) worn to the side of the hair on the left side usually from a hook in the top of the hair and spread out over the hair with side hooks, set with foilback quartz,glass ruby and saphire and Basara seed pearls. It has a beautiful double peacock design at the top and peacock heads on either side of the bottom bar. This Jhumar is a rare early complete sample of north Indian Hair ornaments."[/i]

Lol-clever boy.

But yeah, I’m wrong. I shouldn’t call it “black music”. It’s mainly the Westwood, Rnb, Hip hop and Rap scene as shown on MTV that is dirty and VERY degrading to women.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Lol-clever boy.

But yeah, I’m wrong. I shouldn’t call it “black music”. It’s mainly the Westwood, Rnb, Hip hop and Rap scene as shown on MTV that is dirty and VERY degrading to women.

Definitely - MTV has a lot to do with that. Imagine how sleezy music wouldn't be if there were no such thing as a music video.

Sometimes I get the feeling the reason songs are written like that now is so that you can fit more "honeys" into the video.

Like the Thong Song - gimme a break - that song HAD to have been written with a music video in mind. I mean I was laughing and shaking my head at how shockingly ridiculous this song is the first time I heard it but I definitely had a very vivid image of Sisqo running around pointing at girls wearing thongs.

It was the whole point.

It's ironic, then, that the absolute very first music video MTV ever broadcasted was "video killed the radio star" by "the buggles"

Almost like they were flaunting their evil plans...

"Med" wrote:
but most often than not when the sone inlaw comes on wedding day they put gold rings on his fingers and pop some mithai in his mouth and stuff..

yea...my mum put a gold ring and gold chain on both my bro-inlaws, dad was against it but she got her way in the end..cant let this happen again.I think she knew its wrong but people talk innit.

"Med" wrote:
Cos I aint got sisters, my mom goes that cousin sisters have to do it, and they are loads, so have to give a gold set to all my cousin sisters?

i actually didnt know that happens, i guess i dont know much what goes on at weddings..aint really intrested.

"Med" wrote:
Yeh same here. Thats ok with the girls, but they also give gold to the groom, particulalry the parents of the bride give gold rings and gold watches to sons in law.

Reminds me of the sometimes heated deates my brother had with our relatives in Pakistan before his wedding.

"Med" wrote:
..like apparently when they do sehrabandi,the groom has to give a gold set to each of his sisters for helping him get ready?

Really, i didn't get a gold set, better have a word with my brothers :evil:

I haven't come across the above practice, but they do give money at the sehrabhandi.

someone we know got married and on her walimah she had ARTIFICIAL gold on

yes-how scandelous :roll:

it looked like real gold and cost about £100

I thought it looked good-its so expensive wearing a diff set in every asian wedding function

"Fatima" wrote:

"Med" wrote:
..like apparently when they do sehrabandi,the groom has to give a gold set to each of his sisters for helping him get ready?

Really, i didn't get a gold set, better have a word with my brothers :evil:

I haven't come across the above practice, but they do give money at the sehrabhandi.

lol. If you do get anything now, Im expecting a teeny weeny fee for putting the idea into your head, say 50%?

gud gud.

I think just like in hinduism different families have their own wedding practices so is the same in pakistan.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"hijaban" wrote:
paki culture stinks

the parts that have no relevance at all 2 Islam do

IMO alot of people deep down are ashamed to be of paki origin...

"Admin" wrote:

iv never thought of it in that way before BUT looking at the state of Pakistan which is always deteriorating there aint much ta be proud of...

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"hijaban" wrote:
paki culture stinks

its all mixed up

"Admin" wrote:

I disagree.

I love being a Paki-Ive never been ashamed of it

But I like being a British Paki

I aint ashamed to be pakistani. Alhamdulillah whatever I am is from ALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Only thing im proud of is being a Muslim - my origin doesnt mean much 2 me personally

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"hijaban" wrote:
paki culture stinks

[color=darkblue][b]I agree..especially the way pakis should live wid one anotha, the wife, weddings, then it cums to cast. Ohhhhh..i h8 it all :x

Im proud to b a Muslim and dats wot matters Lol [/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

"Beast" wrote:
In the US 'Indian' refers to anything from the Subcontinent...

lol nope, it could refer to the 'Red Indians' too... Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I think the [url= is really pretty.

Its an old fashioned thing though.

And Dave, many UK Asians are heavily influenced by RnB and Rap...more then "Bollywood". But the term "Bling bling" isnt that commonly used here...I just used it cos it rhymed with "Paki ting".

jhumars, like the one u posted, look pretty on their own, but IMO they look wierd when on one's head... :? Wink

tikas are great tho.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
tikas are great tho.

the tikka i got is beautiful...you can get so many wicked designs out there,

have you seen them bracelets that are attached to about 3 rings..you know what they called? they look nice on a bride.

speaking of gold. My grandmother has loads. She was dividing it up a lil while back, deciding whats gonna go go to who after she dies.

My future wife is gonna be VERY lucky indeed, being my dadi's favourite she was showing me this big chunky chains and bangles and bracelets and saying these are for Med's dulhan. I just hope that whoever I marry aint just marrying me so she and her mom can get their grubby hands on my dadis gold.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I just hope that whoever I marry aint just marrying me so she and her mom can get their grubby hands on my dadis gold.

LOL...med where are you getting all these funny ideas from?

"naj" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
I just hope that whoever I marry aint just marrying me so she and her mom can get their grubby hands on my dadis gold.

LOL...med where are you getting all these funny ideas from?

Im just stating my concerns. That is all.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"naj" wrote:
have you seen them bracelets that are attached to about 3 rings..you know what they called? they look nice on a bride.

yeh, wasnt aware they had a 'name' as such, people just call 'em ring-bracelets i think. :? i dont really like the ones with more than one ring, it gets a bit OTT. the delicate ones with one ring are ok. Smile

med; atleast you know what to look out for

"Aasiyah" wrote:
yeh, wasnt aware they had a 'name' as such, people just call 'em ring-bracelets i think. :? i dont really like the ones with more than one ring, it gets a bit OTT. the delicate ones with one ring are ok. Smile

all depends on the design...i've seen the ones with three rings they delicate looking not OTT, my sisters wore them...havent really seen any with one ring though,,

24 carat tends to be chunky-fyde ..i think the delicate ones are 22 carat

Pages