181 posts / 0 new
Last post

yeh thats cos you goryfyed innit

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

k,

"Med" wrote:
yeh thats cos you goryfyed innit

not....just because i dont like wearing gold innit...how on earth can you want to wear 10 heavy gold bangles...rings, big necklaces....

i could seriously not do that

i like silver jewellery more. gold but simple

"naj" wrote:

not....just because i dont like wearing gold innit...how on earth can you want to wear 10 heavy gold bangles...rings, big necklaces....

i could seriously not do that

i like silver jewellery more. gold but simple

ditto

I like ur style girl

im very picky when it comes to jewellery.

lol.

For me, I think it looks nice for her to wear 10 churiyan on both hands, tinkling everytime she moves to pick up his dinner plate or while making his tea.

What can be better than that?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
lol.

For me, I think it looks nice for her to wear 10 churiyan on both hands, tinkling everytime she moves to pick up his dinner plate or while making his tea.

What can be better than that?

nothing wrong with that

but did u know glass bangles make more noise and can look even prettier cos they can match the asian suit too?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

nothing wrong with that

but did u know glass bangles make more noise and can look even prettier cos they can match the asian suit too?

really? didnt knw that.

Alhamdulillah only got brothers so didnt knw that info.

But gold has its own attraction. It is more common in our MP culture.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

UFF... so uncomfy, wont look good either

more trouble when she gos out then innit...med

glass churiyan i dont wear them to...break easily..look ok though

"naj" wrote:
UFF... so uncomfy, wont look good either

more trouble when she gos out then innit...med

well Im just saying what I prefer innit. Wouldnt force any1 to be like that, especially if they didnt like it.

And if she did wear it at home then great, but she definitely wouldnt be wearing it outside - on the rare occasions that she does leave the home.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

mum went mad when i said i wanted a white gold bangle

she said i cant have any more til im married

parents bought me gold jewellery and sets for my 18th 19th and 20th bday.

i said i didnt want them, but mum said i need them for them future, mite be in financial difficulty. i said i wanted delicate subtle jewellery for wedding, but mum said its a gift from the girls parents to safe guard her for her future.

chunkiness is not just for show, it is the value of it.

"fizzy1" wrote:

chunkiness is not just for show, it is the value of it.

true

but who'd wear big fat chunky yellow gold?

I rather be given a gold brick if it was for the sake of financial security

my parents are cool though-if I say I dont want sumin they dont buy it

I too LOVE white gold-got daddy to get me a white gold ring

its my elders that drive me crazy :evil:

i love white gold, but mum says what is the point, i got white gold necklace from friend from english shop, and mum finally came round and got me yello gold and white gold bracelet which i wear all the time

but for wedding i dont want anything over the top

i refuse to have the piece of jewellery on the side of head, someone help me out what its called.

i think its ridiculous, but each to their own

my elders dont see the point of whte gold either-they say it looks silver :roll:

OMG I love that thing brides wear on the side of their head-thats a must have for a bride

and I love then earings which u attach to ur hair too

"fizzy1" wrote:
i refuse to have the piece of jewellery on the side of head, someone help me out what its called.

I think its called a called a "chumbar". IMO that spoils the look, you put it on one side but then the other side looks bare, like somethings missing.

I also dont like yellow gold, but i doubt i will get away with it when it come to the day. I figured that even if i managed to persuade my mum not to wear sooo much gold when i do get married, i have a large extended family and its a bit of a tradition in our family (and community) for close relatives to give an item of gold jewellry as a present.

lol bling bling is a black people thing actually.

Which reminds me - I noticed from everything you guys talk about that it seems like british asians are trying to copy the US urban "ghetto" thing.

Is that intentional - or is there some sort of deeper social meaning behind that?

Or have I had too little sleep...

Its true.

We rejected our own culture years ago.

We cannot assimilate into normal british pub-culture.

Most choose to adopt the american style ghetto culture.

It will cause big problems.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol doesn't that strike you as a little odd though? Asians have their own thing going over here - why not steal the US Asian culture?

Hell even down to the Malcolm X stuff - so it's not just the ghetto thing, it's like the whole bloody subculture!

lol at least there is no mutant ebonics british hybrid running around.

The black culture is more in your face.

How many mainstream asian celebs do you know? And how many rap artists?

I do not get the 'malcolm X' stuff you refer to.

I have not really looked too much into him. (I saw a section of the film, but I have not even seen all that!)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
The black culture is more in your face.

How many mainstream asian celebs do you know? And how many rap artists?

I do not get the 'malcolm X' stuff you refer to.

I have not really looked too much into him. (I saw a section of the film, but I have not even seen all that!)

Celebs:
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Lucy Liu
Rai Ayeshwarya

Rap Artists:
...Gin?

The Malcom X stuff I was talking about was when Yuit a while back started a Malcolm X thread - I think it was - lilsis said something about how X was big amongst young Asian boys.

And i'm pretty sure there was some eye rolling associated with that. But i've noticed both Yuit, Hayder and to some extent Enver all seem to have an undue (perhaps freetime research level) familiarity with X.

The film was really good.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Celebs:
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Lucy Liu
Rai Ayeshwarya

Rap Artists:
...Gin?

The Malcom X stuff I was talking about was when Yuit a while back started a Malcolm X thread - I think it was - lilsis said something about how X was big amongst young Asian boys.

And i'm pretty sure there was some eye rolling associated with that. But i've noticed both Yuit, Hayder and to some extent Enver all seem to have an undue (perhaps freetime research level) familiarity with X.

The film was really good.

Dave, 'Asian' over here means 'from Indian Subcontinent.'

Malcolm X film was good. I've seen half of it.

We do have a fascination with malcolm X.

Its an intriguing story.

How an african-American accepted Islam. How he first went through the NOI phase. When he went to hajj realised that NOI version did not fit in, and became a Muslim. And that he had alot of power behind him.

"Beast" wrote:

lol!

"Beast" wrote:

Dave, 'Asian' over here means 'from Indian Subcontinent.'

I'm still not getting the hang of this "asian" thing. I through Rai Ayeshwarya in there thinking it would pursuade yall that I understand this unusual application of the term.

So run it by me once more.

If "Asia" is the subcontinent - what about the stuff in the continent of Asia?

"Admin" wrote:
We do have a fascination with malcolm X.

Its an intriguing story.

How an african-American accepted Islam. How he first went through the NOI phase. When he went to hajj realised that NOI version did not fit in, and became a Muslim. And that he had alot of power behind him.

Ah-hah.

lol that tells me you really did watch only part of the story then.

He joined NOI - eventually converted to actual islam after the Hajj - started preaching actual Islam.

And then got shot for it.

So really he's a bit of a martyr.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

I'm still not getting the hang of this "asian" thing. I through Rai Ayeshwarya in there thinking it would pursuade yall that I understand this unusual application of the term.

So run it by me once more.

If "Asia" is the subcontinent - what about the stuff in the continent of Asia?

Aishwarya Rais doesn't go in the same category as Jackie Chan et al. They are from Asia but from different parts of Asia.

In the UK 'Asian' refers to anything from the Indian Subcontinent, 'Chinese' is anything from China, 'Japanese' is anything from Japan and 'South East Asian' refers to anything from that part of Asia.

In the US 'Indian' refers to anything from the Subcontinent and 'Asian' refers to anything from East Asia.

"Fatima" wrote:
i have a large extended family and its a bit of a tradition in our family (and community) for close relatives to give an item of gold jewellry as a present.

Yeh same here. Thats ok with the girls, but they also give gold to the groom, particulalry the parents of the bride give gold rings and gold watches to sons in law. It aint with every single wedding, but most often than not when the sone inlaw comes on wedding day they put gold rings on his fingers and pop some mithai in his mouth and stuff.

And actually its amazing how much money and gold is exchanged at weddings. They have soo many pointless and hinduana traditions, like apparently when they do sehrabandi,the groom has to give a gold set to each of his sisters for helping him get ready?

Cos I aint got sisters, my mom goes that cousin sisters have to do it, and they are loads, so have to give a gold set to all my cousin sisters?

Its all show, lil affection.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Beast" wrote:
Aishwarya Rais doesn't go in the same category as Jackie Chan et al. They are from Asia but from different parts of Asia.

In the UK 'Asian' refers to anything from the Indian Subcontinent, 'Chinese' is anything from China, 'Japanese' is anything from Japan and 'South East Asian' refers to anything from that part of Asia.

In the US 'Indian' refers to anything from the Subcontinent and 'Asian' refers to anything from East Asia.

...that's messed up.

It sounds like the Brits randomly sort of decided the subcontinent will be "Asia" and everything to the east of that is "East Asia" and everything to the west (but not Europe) is in the "middle" east.

Asians are form subcontinent.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages