Eid Ul Adha (1426 AH)

135 posts / 0 new
Last post

Omrow do you want me to delete yor posts?

They know their beliefs better than you know them.

Back to topic.

DOes anyone have any events planned?

Last eid there was a go-karting set up to raise money for the victims of the earthquake.

No idea if anything similar has been done this time.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Ok.

Since its New Year's Day, I will lay off their beliefs here.

Perhaps a new thread is in order; one that is specially dedicated to the Prophet.

Omrow

"Aasiyah" wrote:
ok then, back to Eid...

i hope Eid is on the 11th because i have an exam on the 10th and it would also mean that after my exam i can go shopping for everyone's eid prezzies. Smile

[color=blue][b]Yeh i no many pple that hav exams on dat day, hw silly it is of the examination board to keep an exam on dat date.. :roll: ..crazy pple

nway as it is an Eid topic, has any1 started their EID preparation??[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

i hope and pray that my kids' generation will have much more fun Eids...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
i hope and pray that my kids' generation will have much more fun Eids...

[color=darkblue][b]Me too, EID is well boring nwdayz as theres nothin to do apart 4rm meet one anotha..i once suggested to organize an event were every1 can get togetha n hav fun the rite way..all i gt was "no i hav other things planned", "no i hav relatives to meet" n it went on n on..i probably spend my eid infront of the net :roll: [/b][/color]

Talking of rpeparation

I went shopping the other day.

I wanted to get some decent shoes... (got some last eid, but I don't like them... I am used to ankleboots, anything under normally gets my ankles... but these are too flimsy...)

I got 2 ties (i do not even like ties!), 3 shirts,and pair of trousers, but no shoes.

Next shopping trip'll probably be in the summer now. Uless I can be bothered to actually find shoes I like...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=blue][b]Well i was plannin to go dwn Manchester to by a dress for EID but Alhamdulillah i gt 1 as a gift 4rm a close person Biggrin ..n the best thing bout it is dat its 4rm the city of Madina Lol

Ive gt my shoes, clothes all i need is a hijab n dats gnna b a mission :roll:

well hard to find a proper 1 dwn my area.. Sad [/b][/color]

"Admin" wrote:
I got 2 ties (i do not even like ties!), 3 shirts,and pair of trousers, but no shoes.

Next shopping trip'll probably be in the summer now. Uless I can be bothered to actually find shoes I like...

how did u manage to buy stuff u dont like even tho u went on your own(i assume)??!

same here tho - i am really fussy about my shoes, i often go and come back empty-handed. :oops:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I am fussy over clothing.

Rarely buy anything, mostly coming back empty handed.

I do not like ties in general. It feels you have a rope around your neck.

For ties, I liked the ones I bought, but if I did not have to wwear ties, I would not have brought them, as the old ones I wear are really old... one is about 6 months, and the other two about 1and a half years.

"Med" wrote:
can you provide some references or a link regarding the statement issued by Darul Uloom pls.

salaam

Fatwa on following Saudi moonsighting

The scholars are mainly Scholars of Deoband.

Ver interesting read, i wasnt aware that so many big scholars of Deoband are totally against saudi method of moonsighting...

wasalaam

omrow;

you are a wicked joka...you make me laff, thank you.
hope you have a wicked eid.

"Admin" wrote:
I am fussy over clothing.

Rarely buy anything, mostly coming back empty handed.

I do not like ties in general. It feels you have a rope around your neck.

For ties, I liked the ones I bought, but if I did not have to wwear ties, I would not have brought them, as the old ones I wear are really old... one is about 6 months, and the other two about 1and a half years.

very useful babbling :roll:

btw dont u wear a tie to work? I thought u have to look smart in ur job?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
btw dont u wear a tie to work? I thought u have to look smart in ur job?

I mentioned that I brought two ties, even though I generally I do not like ties.

I must have bought them for a reason.

I'll let you guess the reason.

:twisted:

and what is wrong with babbling? Its my speciality.

"Admin" wrote:

I'll let you guess the reason.

well u posted in the EID thread-so common sense tells me u brought them for EID

if not then u need help in sticking to the topic

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

We should really know by now, as the moonsighting is ten days before eid.

Someone is dragging some feet.

dont knw when it is, as long as after the 9th

but im gonna be doing nothing as usual

Hey Irf, i'll come down Birmingham......so bored of manchester and Oldham....what you say? Biggrin

not even gonna buy anythin

lost the interest in clothes :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
not even gonna buy anythin

lost the interest in clothes :?

thats the Eid spirit lol

but its true that Eid doesnt seem 2 be fun anymore...4 kids its just wicked lol - its always been family bonding time....not that we dont already get enough of that but atleast on Eid u get ta see your relatives...whether thats good or bad lol

iv heard its on the 10th but it always seems ta change last min

"Hayder on Holiday" wrote:
Hey Irf, i'll come down Birmingham......so bored of manchester and Oldham....what you say? Biggrin

Safe. It'll give us an incentive to think of something new to do on Eid. Biggrin

I've lost the buzz with eid this year too

STILL havent decided whether I'll be in B'ham,manchester or London this year

we're ALWAYS in B'ham-I thought maybe this year we stay at home for a change

still got to get my hair cut and bangles

Women are not permitted to cut the hair without legitimate reason.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

Split ends is more then an legitimate reason

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

well just call it trim...i guess its ok to trim ONLY if damaged

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
but its true that Eid doesnt seem 2 be fun anymore...4 kids its just wicked lol

yes i agree. eid is fun no-more, just passes like a normal day....kids are lucky something to look forward to for them.

"naj" wrote:
kids are lucky something to look forward to for them.

thats the beauty of childhood - no matter what they always make it fun because they're in a world of their own...and on Eid with all the cash its like heaven 4 them Lol

"naj" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

cut, trim-whatever

girls can do what they want with their hair as long as it doesnt resemble men's hair

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"naj" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

cut, trim-whatever

girls can do what they want with their hair as long as it doesnt resemble men's hair

[color=darkblue][b]Come on pple dnt make it into an argument/debate nw :roll:

I can say a few thingz bout hair n stuff but at the moment id rather stick to the topic n nt argue.

Come on pple talk bout EID nt hair.. Lol [/b][/color]

[color=darkblue][b]Asalamu alaikum!

It has been announced that our EID is on the 11th January 2006. They announced their final decision on radio Biggrin

Fi Iman'Allah[/b][/color]

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"Mujahidah" wrote:
[color=darkblue][b]Asalamu alaikum!

It has been announced that our EID is on the 11th January 2006. They announced their final decision on radio Biggrin

Fi Iman'Allah[/b][/color]

lol.

[color=darkblue][b]wots so funny??[/b][/color]

Pages