Eid Ul Adha (1426 AH)

Salaam

Next year (2006 CE)there will potentially be two Eidul Adha's, so i have gone by the Islamic year for the title.

According to [url=, Eid will most likely be on 11 January.

Place all reports about when Eid is below.

Since Eid Ul Adha is on the tenth of a month, we should know within the next couple of days exactly when it is.

Us muslims go through alot of turmoil over the dates of eid.

This year will be no different, as the Ulema of Deoband gave a verdict in Ramadan saying the Saudi decisions do not Follow the Shariah. In the UK, their followers will also be on the proverbial chase for eid, and no longer follow a potentially faulty decision made elsewhere.

(I applauded the Ulema of Deoband for their brave verdict. It must have been hard to make.)

at the moment dont have a clue when it is...

"Admin" wrote:

(I applauded the Ulema of Deoband for their brave verdict. It must have been hard to make.)

why..?

It restored my faith that muslims can have a backbone.

Not many people are prone to admitting errors.

After the verdict from Deoband, alot of mosques in the UK kept 31 fasts, admitting they followed Saudi, een though Saudi was wrong.

Being able to admit a mistake is a major step in correcting it. As soon as people stop admitting they have made errors, they are on the decline.

I doubt my local mosque would ever admit to being wrong.

What they did was a really good thing.

It was a hard decision, as it allows some mockery. People were given an opportunity to sling mud. The Ulema of deoband knew that, but they also knew the truth was more important than to avoid that mud idiots may sling.

I cannot commend that act enough.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

First I heard about this statement by Deoband.

Exactly which ulama are you referring to? I aint being argumentative but need to know.

Are these what some people call deobandi ulama or was this statement made by the Darul Uloom?

I dont knw abt backbone but I have fullfaith in my Ustadji and the decisions made by the madrassah, hence will inshaALLAH follow them.

Regarding people backtracking it should be noted that in the recent past a group of ulama destroyed idols in their country. They delayed by a number of months in destroying these idols and PUBLICLY announced that a fatwa had been given by the eminent Mufti's that due to delay in destroying the idols it would be better for a number of animals to be sacrificed as compensation, I believe the number of sheep went into 100s if not 1000s.

Find one government today who will admit they erred and infact sinned. These ulama publicly announced that they were rong to delay and publicly sacrificed to atone for their error. These were the ulama of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah.

MashaALLAH.

Some might ask the relevance to this thread. I admit it is a bit of a tangent but was just my attempt to further expand on what the ulama of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah are like. alhamdulillahi ala kulli haal.

[b]EDIT: Childish labelling removed ------ Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

IF you are not being argumentative, remove the childish labelling. The people that come under the phrase are different in my mind than in yours.

I am talking about the Darul Uloom.

I may disagree with some of their teachings, but unlike you I can still respect people I disagree with. Unless you mean they are not ulema?

Religion should not be involved in politics in the sense that it cannot admit error.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

can you provide some references or a link regarding the statement issued by Darul Uloom pls.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I will have a look.

All I can find online atm is:

Quote:
Interestingly, the leaders of the Deobandi group in the sub continent do not follow Saudia, even though, in terms of the horizon, the sub-continent is nearer to Saudia than Britain is to Saudia. These leaders have so far declared the Saudi announcements as wrong and unacceptable. [b]Dar-ul-Aloom Deoband in its Fatwa of 20 April 2003 has stated that in Britain it is not right to announce Ramadhan and Eid according to Saudi Ruait[/b]. To act on the Saudi Ruait is also against the principles of Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence). This Fatwa has received support from another big centre, Madrassah Mazahar Al Aloom Saharanpur. A prominent and high ranking Deobandi scholar and judge, Mohammad Taqi Usmani has written in a letter that “[b]the incidences of accepting Shahada before the birth of New Moon are unacceptable in my view[/b]. I have also talked with several Saudi scholars and they were also perplexed. Because the matter is handled by Majlis Al Qadha Al Aala (Riyadh), those scholars were helpless”. [b]Whenever a conversation took place with the Imams of Harmain in the Harmain or during their visits to Britain, they choose to stay quiet about the correctness or otherwise of the Saudi decisions.[/b] However to persistent questioners, they asked why do you act on the Saudi decisions and why don’t you start the new month on the basis of the crescent in your country?

[url=

This is from an article in the Jhang, the majority of Deoband affiliated mosques in oldham kept 31 fasts this year.

Does the place have an online fatwa bank? we have the date for it (20 April 2003), as I would like to see the exact words...

May ALLAH reward you.

Thank you very much.

This is an issue of difference of opinion. I think I wrote a briefly detailed post on the moonsighting in one the threads relevant to the topic.

The ulama of South Africa also state that one should follow the moonsighting in ones country of residence.

Obviously the ulama have their respective proofs for their different stances.

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

So basically, you disagree with them?

(This is not an issue about moonsighting, but the acceptance of Saudi's when they say they have seen it... They supposedly start every month AFTER seeing the moon...)

"Admin" wrote:
So basically, you disagree with them?

Sorry who are ''them''?

The saudis or the ulama of Darul Uloom?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Darul Uloom.

k.

Firstly I have to make clear I am in no position to agree or disagree with such noble and illustrious insitutes. ALL I do is follow to the best of my ability.

Now if your asking do I disagree with Darul Uloom saying that people should rely on their own moonsighting of their own locality . . . then I have to say that infact the Mufti Hazraat that I follow are also of this opinion so the answer , if this is the qsn, is no.

If your asking do I disagree with Darul Uloom saying that saudis dont do it right then my answer would be that I really have no opinon whatsoever on the issue. No doubt, Darul Uloom had some grounds for producing this statement.

On the other hand I am in a bit of a funny situation. In fatawa I refer to Muftis who are of the opinion that one should do the moonsighting in ones own lands and that one shouldnt follow saudia, regardless whether it is a correct sighting or not. But our madrassah follows the saudi sightings and I have full faith in our madrassah authorities.

So basically Im stuck in the middle, I trust in the decisions made by our madrassah authorities.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Unfortunately we all have to follow the mosque we go to.

Its a painful situation.

"Admin" wrote:
Unfortunately we all have to follow the mosque we go to.

Its a painful situation.

[color=blue][b]Asalamu alaikum!

Poor admin, im glad that i hav to follow the mosque which i alwayz agree wid Biggrin

Well according EID UL ADHA we hav been told 10th or 11th Jan '05, i also heard that the first day of hajj is on 1st Jan '06..nt really sure though :?

Fi Iman'Allah[/b][/color]

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

No it aint that bad!

I do generally agree with the day the mosque has eid.

However if I did disagree, there is nothing I could do. I would still follow the mosque.

We all have to follow our mosques in such a situation.

"Admin" wrote:

We all have to follow our mosques in such a situation.

[color=blue][b]hmm..i understand wot u mean. There was a time were there was a problem wid us too probably coz i agreed with the mosque i was closer too n my fam/rellies agreed exactly the opposite...if u no wot i am ull understand :roll:

But nw it hardly occurs coz the Youth League (us) gt togetha n spoke to our mosque committe askin them to arrange a meetin with all mosques wen it cums to deciding eid.

so far its wrked, Alhamdullilah..jus hpe it wrks wid dis EID too, insh'Allah![/b][/color]

Salam

"Admin" wrote:

Ulema of Deoband gave a verdict in Ramadan saying the Saudi decisions do not Follow the Shariah.

After the verdict from Deoband, alot of mosques in the UK kept 31 fasts, admitting they followed Saudi, even though Saudi was wrong.

No doubt all that was an embarrassing cock-up by the mullahs.

May God show them the true path.

Omrow

[b]EDIT: Unwelcomed sectarian assertions removed ----- Judge, Jury, and Executioner [/b]

Omrow, lets not start another row.

I am sure they know better than us what they believe.

"Admin" wrote:
This year will be no different, as the Ulema of Deoband gave a verdict in Ramadan saying the Saudi decisions do not Follow the Shariah. In the UK, their followers will also be on the proverbial chase for eid, and no longer follow a potentially faulty decision made elsewhere.

wow they did?! shocking stuff, subhanAllah! so are the deobandi mosques in the UK going to do their own moonsighting now (i.e. who tells them when Eid is?)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salam

I am just saying how can you say Prophet is DEAD. God has forbidden this.

Anyway, Happy New Year. Even to Wahhabis. I hope they behave this time.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Anyway, Happy New Year. Even to Wahhabis. I hope they behave this time.

Omrow

[color=blue][b]Omrow your jus gnna coz anotha debate :roll: ..we no wot the truth is, lets jus hpe that they realise one day too.. im pretty sure ive been told a lot bout sum members, so lets jus keep it cool. Biggrin [/b][/color]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
wow they did?! shocking stuff, subhanAllah! so are the deobandi mosques in the UK going to do their own moonsighting now (i.e. who tells them when Eid is?)

Apparently the fatwa was made in 2003, but it was highlighted this Ramadan in the Pakistani favourite [i]Daily Jhang[/i]. My mistake.

Alot of the mosques in Oldham then decided to keep 31 fasts. One or two stuck to the original decision.

"Omrow" wrote:

"O people, verily whoever worshipped Muhammad, behold! Muhammad is indeed dead. But whoever worships Allah, behold! Allah is alive and will never die.''

"And Muhammad is but a Messenger. Many Messengers have gone before him; if he then dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" [3:144]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

[color=blue][b]You've confused me nw :? ..is dis bout the Holy Prophet (SAW)??? or When Eid is???..i think i shuld stay out of this forum 4 anotha while again it'll do me gud.[/b][/color]

"Mujahidah" wrote:
[color=blue][b]You've confused me nw :? ..is dis bout the Holy Prophet (SAW)??? or When Eid is???..i think i shuld stay out of this forum 4 anotha while again it'll do me gud.[/b][/color]

lol girl, chill. omrow likes polluting topics... i guess i shudv replied in the No Topic thread, will do next time inshaAllah.

[color=blue][b]Yes! I know Omrow, ive noticed it from the way he replies in many threads :roll: ...Omrow lets stick to the topic and forget the "misguided" which u obviously hate, its jus causes disunity :roll: [/b][/color]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

"O people, verily whoever worshipped Muhammad, behold! Muhammad is indeed dead. But whoever worships Allah, behold! Allah is alive and will never die.''

"And Muhammad is but a Messenger. Many Messengers have gone before him; if he then dies or is killed, will you turn back upon your heels?" [3:144]

The Prophet was a creation. He died.

What Omrow is referring to is the Ayaahs which say not to call, or even think of those who have died in the path of Allah as dead. They are alive and nourished by Allah(swt), but we do not understand how.

Its a totally diferent argument.

As Mujahidah said, lets keep this to the upcoming eid.

So its not gonna be on friday the 13th then... (as someone has mentioned about a month ago as a guess... way off... ) unless eid is on 11th... third day is then 13...

[color=blue][b]Jazak'Allah Admin, jus hpe no1 jumps in wid sumthin else nw :roll: ..nway bk to topic "Upcoming Eid"[/b][/color]

ok then, back to Eid...

i hope Eid is on the 11th because i have an exam on the 10th and it would also mean that after my exam i can go shopping for everyone's eid prezzies. Smile

Salam

Eid is for those who truly love the Holy Messenger.

Our Creed is beautiful. "Muhammad IS the Messenger of God."

We can't have a dead Messenger can we ?

Omrow

[b]EDIT: Sectarian remarks removed ----- Judge, Jury, and Executioner [/b]

Pages