No Topic 8

213 posts / 0 new
Last post

Lioness of Allah wrote:

Lebouf is the guy from even stevens!!!!!

Ya don't say?!
I remember wen I said that the first time he appeared on Transformers

Valkyrie wrote:
Lioness of Allah wrote:

Lebouf is the guy from even stevens!!!!!

Ya don't say?!
I remember wen I said that the first time he appeared on Transformers

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAANSFORMEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

You wrote:
ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
If there was a caliphate, would abortion be outlawed? Apart from rape/danger to mother cases

What about alcohol?

Other haram stuff? I'm just wondering how the freedom of choice would work if it wasn't allowed. But then it's expected to not be allowed cuz it is meant to be running as an Islamic state...

There was a caliphate once.

I asked for someone, anyone to show that alcohol was banned for non Muslims in the khilafah rashida, and no one did so (then again, the audience for the question was a single person).

Abortion in the general case is not allowed in many places around the world, not sure if that still includes Ireland though.

LOL

But would abortion be allowed in a caliphate? Are you saying that since already seen to be very wrong, it wouldn't matter if it was, or that it probably would. Or were you just mentioning that for the sake of it.

Interesting to know that alcohol may not have been banned for the non-Muslims

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:
Where did you get that from?

If you consider prayer one of the most important acts, prayer is supposed to be taught to children from the age of 7. Minus a bit to actually teach parts of it.

so I doubt that 3,3,10 thing is accurate apart from being a favoured number by someone.

I know it sounds odd, doesn't it. It made me think "whaaaaat??" especially the very accurate number lol

Heard it on tv :/

And I think by starting to teach, it means the *very* basic stuff, probably duas and stuff? Cuz the guy did mention children having to start salah at 7.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Why would it be banned for non Muslims?

Islamic laws and requirements do not apply to them.

So even in an islamic system, where avoiding everything sinful enforced upon Muslims, non Muslims would be free to live by lower requirements.

But I have also read an argument that eg enforcing prayers etc should be considered unislamic.

The argument is that in surah baqarah, the hypocrites - people who pray for show instead of because they believe - are lambasted to be worse than the disbelievers.

I find that argument compelling.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

And I think by starting to teach, it means the *very* basic stuff, probably duas and stuff? Cuz the guy did mention children having to start salah at 7.

Starting too early probably can also do damage if not done properly.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Why would it be banned for non Muslims?

Dunno, was just thinking of something Zakir Naik said about either why Non-Muslims aren't allowed in Makkah or why Apostate are killed/punished. He said something like if there is a true/right/good way of doing something you would do it like that and make others do it like that too. Any opposition would have to be dealt with/you would make them do it the right way too.

Quote:

But I have also read an argument that eg enforcing prayers etc should be considered unislamic.

The argument is that in surah baqarah, the hypocrites - people who pray for show instead of because they believe - are lambasted to be worse than the disbelievers.

That's what I was getting at - forcing can be sort of wrong as it takes away peoples freedom of choice and the action may not have any meaning either.

Dunno, was just thinking of something Zakir Naik said about either why Non-Muslims aren't allowed in Makkah or why Apostate are killed/punished. He said something like if there is a true/right/good way of doing something you would do it like that and make others do it like that too. Any opposition would have to be dealt with/you would make them do it the right way too.

Not for the first time, I disagree with him.

He is wrong.

death to apostasy only applies in the event of treason - the qur'an explicitly states that the person renounces his faith AND ALSO fights against the Muslims.

You can't act on "there is no compulsion in religion" the way you are saying he approaches things.

I think he was just answering the question of why they may be. Can't remember exactly cuz it was ages ago.

I was surprised by some non-Muslims reaction to him (on TSR) they really don't like him, or find him peaceful or anything. And I used to be amazed at how he quoted stuff from different Holy Books and used them in his arguments but some people say those quotes are used out of context and he doesn't really have a clue, sorta thing.

hmmm.

I haven't listened to his talks in aaaaaaaages though.

I WANNA LEARN ARABIC SO I CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUR'AN!!!!!!!! I wanna understand what i'm reading, these are the words of Allah SWT and the same words the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and the sahaba RA recited and lived by. Please make dua for me Cray 2 insha Allah

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Question

My child's dentist has recommended an application of Topical Fluoride. This is a preventative treatment to help reduce the risk of tooth decay. The Topical Fluoride application contains a trace of alcohol (Ethanol).The fluoride is painted on to the teeth and is easily removed using toothbrush.

Is the above mentioned dental treatment permissible?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
According to Hanafi Madhab, the prohibition of Khamr is restricted to the alcohol derived from grapes and dates. [1] The alcohol (ethanol) used in these medication is derived from non khamr sources. Consumption of non-khamr alcohol is permissible when used for the purpose of medication as long as it does not intoxicate.[2] Hence the use of Topical Fluoride Therapy will be permissible.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Mawlana Faisal bin Abdul Hameed
Student, Darul Iftaa
Canada

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

A strong woman won’t let anyone get the best of her,
But a woman with strong iman gives the best of herself to everyone…

hmmm

the thing about phrases and saying is that they often come up short when facing reality.

Foysol89 wrote:
I WANNA LEARN ARABIC SO I CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUR'AN!!!!!!!! I wanna understand what i'm reading, these are the words of Allah SWT and the same words the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and the sahaba RA recited and lived by. Please make dua for me Cray 2 insha Allah

aww, u poor thing.. SNAP OUT OF IT! *movie fitch slap* have u started to enrol on a course yet? (pleas note tht if ur answer is in the negative that there will be more fitch slapping Biggrin )

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Foysol89 wrote:
bilan wrote:

and this is supposed to be No Topic darn it! Why cant we all just get along?! Pesky kids, I tell ya!

I sweeeeeaaar down i was gonna write these words last night, almost exactly apart from the 'pesky kids' bit but i like it Wink

nooo way duday! yh gotta like the pesky kids Dirol

Convo between moiself and mummy dearest

md: who made tea this morning?
moi: me
md: i must say, out of everyone you make the worst tea
moi: :o Sad :/ such a mean thing to saaaaay!
md: well, sometimes just gotta say it like it is, its not always gonna be good.
moi: well in THAT case mummy dearest, ive got a thing or 2 to say myself!
md: starts praying

such harsness, such harshness, but she loves me deep down. I just have remember this anytime I drink a cuppa and remember the mean words me ma said to me.

Note: I have come to the conclusion that bad tea for me ma = containing an amount of sugar that would be sufficient for the rest of the population.

lol I love how your mum puts you in your place Blum 3

lol I love how your mum puts you in your place Blum 3

I have no place to be put woman! know this if nowt else

bilan wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

aww, u poor thing.. SNAP OUT OF IT! *movie fitch slap* have u started to enrol on a course yet? (pleas note tht if ur answer is in the negative that there will be more fitch slapping Biggrin )

Haven't found one yet that i can enrol on. Seems that all the courses i could've joined started in September :/ still looking though....soon insha Allah.

What about you?

Foysol89 wrote:
bilan wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Haven't found one yet that i can enrol on. Seems that all the courses i could've joined started in September :/ still looking though....soon insha Allah.

What about you?

ah, thats too bad! must be one out there somewhere though. Ive decided that i rlly cant afford it time wise (though probably money wise too now). might have to wait till summer or even later.

Cool, have sabr insha Allah. I'll focus on my tajweed and memorizing atm insha Allah

Foysol89 wrote:
Cool, have sabr insha Allah. I'll focus on my tajweed and memorizing atm insha Allah

inshaaAllah. Thats a good plan. let me know if u rlly canny find a course. there are other ways to learn arabic though nothing beats a course like tht

Spoke to my cousin today who's learning arabic and is picking it up quite fast. He said he used to have a private teacher but now he just does it online. I might have to look into that, he said there's loads of places that do it locally too as long as i'm dedicated, i said i am but he doubts i'll wake up for morning classes.

Don't know where people get this idea that i'm lazy :/

bilan wrote:
Convo between moiself and mummy dearest

md: who made tea this morning?
moi: me
md: i must say, out of everyone you make the worst tea
moi: :o Sad :/ such a mean thing to saaaaay!
md: well, sometimes just gotta say it like it is, its not always gonna be good.
moi: well in THAT case mummy dearest, ive got a thing or 2 to say myself!
md: starts praying

Lol

I heart Bilan's mum.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Sayyiduna Abu Talha (radi Allahu anhu) narrates that he once entered the Court of Holy Prophet Mohammed (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and noticed that the Habeeb of Almighty Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was in a state of great joy and happiness. When he inquired as to the reason for this, Holy Prophet Mohammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) replied that,

“Why should I not be happy and joyous? At this very moment Sayyiduna Jibra’el Ameen (alaihis salaam) has brought me a message. Almighty Allah has declared, ‘O

Muhammad! Are you not pleased with this, that if any of your followers sends a single time (Peace and blessing) upon you, I and My Angels (Malaa’ikah) send ten blessings upon that person, ten of his sins are pardoned and ten good deeds are recorded in his favour. He who sends Salaams (Peace) upon you, I send Salaams (Peace) upon him, so therefore, notify your Ummah of this good news and tell them that it is now left to them to either increase or decrease the recital of the Peace and Blessing on Mohammed (saw)”. (Nisaai)

إِنَّ اللَّهَ وَمَلَائِكَتَهُ يُصَلُّونَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ ۚ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا صَلُّوا عَلَيْهِ وَسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا

Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect. Quran; Al Ahzab 33: 56

O Allâh,

I told you: I'm in pain...
You said:► 'Do not despair of the mercy of Allâh' (39:53)

I told you: Nobody knows what is in my heart...
You said:► 'Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest' (13:28)

I told you: Many people hurt me...
You said:► 'So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them' (3:159)

I told you: I feel I'm alone...
You said:► 'We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein' (50:16)

I told you: My sins are so many...
You said:► 'And who can forgive sins except Allâh' (3:135)

I told you: Do not leave me...
You said:► 'So remember Me; I will remember you...' (2:152)

I told you: I'm facing a lot of difficulties in life...
You said:► 'And whoever fears Allâh He will make for him a way out' (65:2)

I told you: I have many dreams that I want to come true...
You said:► 'Call upon Me; I will respond to you.' (40:60)

Lilly wrote:
I heart Bilan's mum.

yh..ya just gotta right?

O Allâh,

I told you: I'm in pain...
You said:► 'Do not despair of the mercy of Allâh' (39:53)

I told you: Nobody knows what is in my heart...
You said:► 'Verily, in the remembrance of Allâh do hearts find rest' (13:28)

I told you: Many people hurt me...
You said:► 'So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them' (3:159)

I told you: I feel I'm alone...
You said:► 'We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein' (50:16)

I told you: My sins are so many...
You said:► 'And who can forgive sins except Allâh' (3:135)

I told you: Do not leave me...
You said:► 'So remember Me; I will remember you...' (2:152)

I told you: I'm facing a lot of difficulties in life...
You said:► 'And whoever fears Allâh He will make for him a way out' (65:2)

I told you: I have many dreams that I want to come true...
You said:► 'Call upon Me; I will respond to you.' (40:60)

SubhanAllah Biggrin
This made me smile, Jazakhallah for sharing Biggrin

Foysol89 wrote:
Spoke to my cousin today who's learning arabic and is picking it up quite fast. He said he used to have a private teacher but now he just does it online. I might have to look into that, he said there's loads of places that do it locally too as long as i'm dedicated, i said i am but he doubts i'll wake up for morning classes.

Don't know where people get this idea that i'm lazy :/

yh..me neither Blum 3

ur cousins right though. these things do need dedication, especially if ur going to do it online. but if push comes to shove..i dnt mind posting my arabic notes on here like i did for my dua blog though a course is always better. dont know how the online ones work tbh. at worst you'll pick up a few words and at best u might even be able to skip level 1 and go on to level 2 if u do end up enrolling on one of these courses.

Pages