Islam and blasphemy

Blasphemy in Islam is any irreverent behavior toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs that Muslims revere. The Quran and the hadith do not speak about blasphemy.

Jurists created the offence, and they made it part of Sharia.
Where Sharia pertains, the penalties for blasphemy can include fines, imprisonment, flogging, amputation, hanging, or beheading. Muslim clerics may call for the punishment of an alleged blasphemer by issuing a fatwā

Islamic legal authorities agree that a blasphemer can be Muslim or non-Muslim. To be convicted of blasphemy, an individual must be an adult, of sound mind, and not under duress. Some jurisdictions do not punish individuals who commit blasphemy accidentally. The Maliki school of jurisprudence permits the exoneration of accused individuals who are converts to Islam.

Punishment
The punishments for different instances of blasphemy in Islam vary by jurisdiction.

A convicted blasphemer may, among other penalties, lose all legal rights. The loss of rights may cause a blasphemer's marriage to be dissolved, religious acts to be rendered worthless, and claims to property—including any inheritance—to be rendered void. Repentance may restore lost rights except for marital rights; lost marital rights are regained only by remarriage. Women have blasphemed and repented to end a marriage. Women may be permitted to repent, and may receive a lesser punishment than would befall a man who committed the same offense.[

We are not allowed to insult the Queen here.
In the Great Satan, it is criminal offence to burn the flag or offend the President.

God's Holy Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is a lot better than the President, and much higher than then Queen; and the DIVINE FLAG of Islam is greater than any kafir flag.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:
We are not allowed to insult the Queen here.
In the Great Satan, it is criminal offence to burn the flag or offend the President.

God's Holy Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is a lot better than the President, and much higher than then Queen; and the DIVINE FLAG of Islam is greater than any kafir flag.

What about those who show hate towards some of the sahabas? Hazrat Abu Bakar (r.a) and Hazrat Umar (r.a) does that not account as blasphemy?

My English is not very good

May I ask from where you got all that? Just out of interest! I'm not saying that I disagree with all of it, just interested.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
May I ask from where you got all that? Just out of interest! I'm not saying that I disagree with all of it, just interested.

I got it from Wiki

lollywood wrote:
The Lamp wrote:

I got it from Wiki

Not Very Reliable.
Anyone Can Post Thiings On Wiki.
And Im Sure It Hasnt Been Approved

lollywood wrote:

What about those who show hate towards some of the sahabas?
Hazrat Abu Bakar (r.a) and Hazrat Umar (r.a) does that not account as blasphemy?

We Muslims are not even dust of Sahabas feet.

But the true Sahabas, whom God praises in Quran were
very few, about 100, because only they remained loyal to the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

From Shia Muslim point of view, Abu Bakr and Umar are not Sahabas.

These both insulted the Prophet (pbuh) during his life and
repeatedly disobeyed him on many occasions.
After Prophet's (pbuh) death they betrayed him and his teachings.
They defiled Islam and trampelled on God.

You may read an account of their disobeience given by a
Salafi scholar Muhammad Tijani who converted to Shia Islam after he discovered
the truth. He wrote a book "THEN I WAS GUIDED" giving all the references
from Bukhari and Muslim and so on...

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:

From Shia Muslim point of view, Abu Bakr(ra.) and Umar(r.a) are not Sahabas.

That's just what I mean, you've just proved my point
Who are you to decide that?