Does Islam tell its followers to drink camel urine?

I read that the prophet Mohammed (PBUH) told men to drink camel piss

Hadees Sahi Bukhri B52 N261
Narrated by Anas-bin Malik

A group of eight men from the tribe of Ukil came to the prophet (PBUH) they found the climate of Madina unsuitable for them so they said “ Oh Allah’s apostle provide us with some milk Allah’s apostle said “I recommend that you should join the herd of camels", so they went and drank the piss and milk of camels as a medicine till they became healthy and fat

If this is true then this is just as bad as the Hindus drinking Cow piss

Could someone confirm this Hadees as correct

Here's video of a tourist tasting camel piss in UAE
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWkiuW3Ubs]

No it doesn't.

Those people were what you would call terrorists nowadays and they ewre punished for other actions too.

The full hadith according to the

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of eight men from the tribe of 'Ukil came to the Prophet and then they found the climate of Medina unsuitable for them. So, they said, "O Allah's Apostle! Provide us with some milk." Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat. Then they killed the shepherd and drove away the camels, and they became unbelievers after they were Muslims. When the Prophet was informed by a shouter for help, he sent some men in their pursuit, and before the sun rose high, they were brought, and he had their hands and feet cut off. Then he ordered for nails which were heated and passed over their eyes, and whey were left in the Harra (i.e. rocky land in Medina). They asked for water, and nobody provided them with water till they died (Abu Qilaba, a sub-narrator said, "They committed murder and theft and fought against Allah and His Apostle, and spread evil in the land.")

There is no suggestion in there that I can find that says that the drinking of urine was actually encouraged, except that it happened and that those people then committed acts of terrorism too for which they were severely punished.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

No it doesn't.

but it says Allah's Apostle said, "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels." So they went and drank the urine and the milk of the camels (as a medicine) till they became healthy and fat

Abu Yusuf said that piss from camels can be consumed for medicinal purposes

The Hindus have latched on to this as an insult towards Muslims so I wanted to clear things up

My English is not very good

I am no arab, so maybe I am missing something from the phrase "I recommend that you should join the herd of camels", but which part of that, especially after they specifically request to drink MILK, suggests that they were told to drink urine?

Maybe they were... maybe it was a cure for a specific disease.

But I cant see that in the hadith and any attempt to add it is an assumption.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Maybe they were...

then you say

You wrote:

to add it is an assumption.

[/quote]

You've got me a bit confused

I am suggesting that if they were encouraged or allowed to do that, I cant find anything in the translation of the hadith to suggest so.

You wrote:
I am suggesting that if they were encouraged or allowed to do that, I cant find anything in the translation of the hadith to suggest so.

Ok, but lets try and find out the meaning of

"I recommend that you should join the herd of camels"

They asked for milk, they were told to be with a herd of camels that could provide them with milk.

You wrote:
They asked for milk, they were told to be with a herd of camels that could provide them with milk.

Then why did they drink p?
Its given Hindus a bashing tool sadly Sad

Why did they also kill (actually, brutally murder) the shepherd and scatter the camels?

Just because they did something does not auytomatically make it right.

Why is this an issue?

You wrote:
Why did they also kill (actually, brutally murder) the shepherd and scatter the camels?

Maybe they had an old score to settle with the shepherd and they thought that this was the right excuse to do so?

You wrote:

Just because they did something does not automatically make it right.

Lets not say that because then people are going to say just because Muslims follow Allah does not make them right

You wrote:

Why is this an issue?

They get something bad to say and it's in the Quran so you can't tell them it's wrong they say its in your Quran go and read it and then we have nothing to say back to them, they go on to say some other very rude and nasty things

Hadith, not qur'an.

and you have to look at it in a crooked way to get to that understanding. If everyone accepted all aspects of Islam, there would only be Muslims on this planet, so it is expected that people will find things to dislike - sometimes due to incorrect understanding, sometimes due to other reasons.

You wrote:
Hadith, not qur'an.

and you have to look at it in a crooked way to get to that understanding. If everyone accepted all aspects of Islam, there would only be Muslims on this planet, so it is expected that people will find things to dislike - sometimes due to incorrect understanding, sometimes due to other reasons.

If not the Quran then they will throw Hadees at us anything that backs them up, how do we defend ourselves if what they are saying is in the Hadees? if we say its not true then that's bad for our Imaan or can we use Taqaiya as this is a matter of deen but then I'm not sure if sunni's are allowed to use Taqaiya?

Taqiya is if someone says to you (and is actually committed to) that if you are Muslim, he will kill you. You are allowed to say no in order to spare your life.

how do we defend ourselves if what they are saying is in the Hadees?

1. By asking where in the hadith does it actually encourage that?

2. By not provoking them, which is probably what you did for someone to respond to you by providing this hadith. Actually, this should be step 0.

3. By not caring what others say.

You wrote:
Taqiya is if someone says to you (and is actually committed to) that if you are Muslim, he will kill you. You are allowed to say no in order to spare your life.

That's wrong, why was it not encouraged to die for the truth?

You wrote:

1. By asking where in the hadith does it actually encourage that?

Trust me they will find something and twist it in a way that helps them

You wrote:

2. By not provoking them, which is probably what you did for someone to respond to you by providing this hadith. Actually, this should be step 0.

They say bad things to Muslims without any provocations trust me

You wrote:

3. By not caring what others say.

[/quote]

That's very hard

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

That's wrong, why was it not encouraged to die for the truth?

Why should it be? It is an easiness that has been laid out for us.

On the other hand, you want Islam here to make you choose death, you when it comes to ignoring what others say or think, you say:

That's very hard

You wrote:

Because we should be proud of our religion and not lie about it if that equals death then one should accept it as the“so could will of Allah that we keep banging on about in most cases

If we're allowed to lie about one thing then why not another like having another wife behind your first wife's back and not telling her on the basics that if she finds out she might murder you in anger?

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

Because we should be proud of our religion and not lie about it if that equals death then one should accept it as the“so could will of Allah that we keep banging on about in most cases

If we're allowed to lie about one thing then why not another like having another wife behind your first wife's back and not telling her on the basics that if she finds out she might murder you in anger?

Hello Lollywood, because A: she's not done anything wrong, whereas someone who's trying to kill you is; B: it's cowardly and unmanly to lie to your wife about theses things, remember this is the girl/woman you've chosen to spend your life with and C: why would most men be scared of their wife killing them in a fit of rage?

By the way, if others try and twist the message of Islam, you can always disprove them and speak the truth, if you can do that with wisdom then I think at least the open minded will be enlightened.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:

Hello Lollywood, B: it's cowardly and unmanly to lie to your wife about these things,

What if one does it out of fear?

The Lamp wrote:

remember this is the girl/woman you've chosen to spend your life with and C: why would most men be scared of their wife killing them in a fit of rage?

Tastes can change over time, one could get bored of the same thing every day
You don't know British Pakistani girls they could do anything

The Lamp wrote:

By the way, if others try and twist the message of Islam, you can always disprove them and speak the truth, if you can do that with wisdom then I think at least the open minded will be enlightened.

[/quote]

You could only disprove them if you have the knowledge to do so, not many people do

Ocean wrote:
What the?!
ewwww

Would you ever try some camel urine?

Ocean wrote:

not even if my life depended on it

Lets not say that because we never know what we would do if our life depended on something

lollywood wrote:
Ocean wrote:

Lets not say that because we never know what we would do if our life depended on something

wise words here.

not so wise of the more-than-one-women stuff. lets stay out of this topic shall we, because its off topic AAAANNNND you're too young to be thinking about those things and assuming this stuff. or if you want to talk about it, then owrry about yourself k? live and let live.

and maybe Camel urine is a medecine..dude..i'm sure you eat much, much much worse on a daily basis, all the crap that goes in our food...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:
lollywood wrote:
Ocean wrote:

wise words here.

not so wise of the more-than-one-women stuff. lets stay out of this topic shall we, because its off topic AAAANNNND you're too young to be thinking about those things and assuming this stuff. or if you want to talk about it, then owrry about yourself k? live and let live.

and maybe Camel urine is a medecine..dude..i'm sure you eat much, much much worse on a daily basis, all the crap that goes in our food...

(I dont think he's a little boy. Just saying)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:
lollywood wrote:
Ocean wrote:

wise words here.

i didnt say he was little, early teen i say.

Lilly wrote:

I know thats what you meant...I meant I dont think he's a teen

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lilly wrote:

I know thats what you meant...I meant I dont think he's a teen

you DONT?! but you said you didnt think he was a little boy? preteen = little boy in my books...

exaggeration on my part

or a change of mind.

Lilly wrote:

First of all its Medicine and not

Lilly wrote:
medecine
that show your younger then me lol

But then the Hindus say that mother Cows urne also has Medical properties

You wrote:
or a change of mind.

Nope, as I said in 'No topic' a few days ago - "I have gone back to thinking Lollywood is NOT a 14yr old little boy - its making me feel weird that I have been treating him as such."

You wrote:
or a change of mind.

Nope, as I said in 'No topic' a few days ago - "I have gone back to thinking Lollywood is NOT a 14yr old little boy - its making me feel weird that I have been treating him as such."

im so confused about what you think of his age.

@Lollywood: there's no way im younger than you, except if you're like 20 something years old .

and english isnt my first lagnguage, so forgive this slight indent on your beloved language; my deepest and utmost sincere apologies, truly.

and the problem withhinduism is thay they believe it to hav some magical property or something and also they worship cows. BIG DIFFERENCE

Pages