Waterloo road

Okay, so i was watching waterloo road on wednesday (free night... nothing to watch :() and they seem to have developed some "muslim" characters since i've last watched it.....

Anywayz... the "muslim" characters seem to be protrayed a little bit differently in my opinion... The boy Tariq, resembles a thug and the girl Trudi (who does admitally don a Hijab) seems to be a character who is a little bit "different"...

It just doesn't seem like a fair protrayal of muslim youth nowadays...

I just wanted to get that off my chest....

Tags: 

What would be a fair portrayal of Muslim Youth in your opinion?

i agree.
as a muslim girl who has been educated in mixed schools i think it is a poor respresentation of muslim youths today................. muslims ..........just like everyone else .......come in various forms ..........some wear hijab some dont ........some are more strict in their prayers ........some are strict in their prayers and free mix ......but in general it is very rare to have the attributes that this programme is portraying ........now now i know its just a programme .......but i hope it is not used to generalise the muslim youths of today ......otherwise people that have no actually have no muslims friends would be quick to judge !

Lioness of Allah wrote:
Okay, so i was watching waterloo road on wednesday (free night... nothing to watch :() and they seem to have developed some "muslim" characters since i've last watched it.....

Anywayz... the "muslim" characters seem to be protrayed a little bit differently in my opinion... The boy Tariq, resembles a thug and the girl Trudi (who does admitally don a Hijab) seems to be a character who is a little bit "different"...

It just doesn't seem like a fair protrayal of muslim youth nowadays...

I just wanted to get that off my chest....

Naaaah thats just bad script writing innit.

You should check out dis other program. Its called Alladin, Jaffar is soo bad a$$ in that!

innit!

Back in BLACK

Hello Tariq!

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Her name's Trudi?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi