"Chinese-made Qur'ans full of errors"

Iranian publishers are complaining that cost-saving plans to print Qur'ans in China have led to an embarrassing number of typographical errors.

The head of Iran's Qur'an oversight office, Ahmad Haji-Sharif, warned consumers that lower-cost Qur'ans may have mistakes in the holy verses. He noted earlier this week that Iranian-produced Qur'ans carry a higher price but have passed a careful inspection.

Officials are now discussing a ban on Chinese-printed Qur'ans.

The Qur'ans in Iran often have both Farsi and the original Arabic. Haji-Sharif didn't say whether the errors prevail in the Arabic or Farsi segments.

Whaaaaat?:S

These are typing errors.

The British spread on purpose Korans in which certain words that had a slightly different meaning among the people in the Middle East in order to push their agenda of dividing the Ummah (Muslim community).

E.g. Where the Koran refers to the right to defend the Ummah the British would twist the accent so it felt like one should fight for nationalist causes. Divide and rule.

I get that...but the Qur'an is never meant to be able to be changed :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

What u expect, it's made in china

deleted

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
deleted

No like that teddy of yours

why?

His eyes are too close, his one ear is bent and he's fading, yep made in china.

His ear is alright now and he's made in wakefield, england, thank you very much!

His ear is alright now and he's made in wakefield, england, thank you very much!

Geez, and I thought the chinese were bad...

I get that...but the Qur'an is never meant to be able to be changed :S

That doesn't mean people cant misprint it.

But when people try to alter the qur'an, it will never become mainstream and there will be originals to compare against etc.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The master should have been proof read in my view

My English is not very good

Ghost wrote:
His eyes are too close, his one ear is bent and he's fading, yep made in china.

Lol

@tpos @Ghost: LOOOOOL

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Jay K wrote:
The Qu'ran is protected primarily in its oral tradition.

protected?

Anyone been to the Quran printing factory near Madinah?
Every Qur'an is stamped something like three times (after each time it is checked for errors). No idea how they get the time to do that.

Why are most books about Islam FULL of typos and other errors? I've even seen spelling errors in the title before.

Especially in books that are supposed to be used as da'wah, it looks really embarrassing to give a book to a non-Muslim and it's full of errors and weird-sounding grammar.

Is proof-reading regarded as a bi'dah?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

Especially in books that are supposed to be used as da'wah, it looks really embarrassing to give a book to a non-Muslim and it's full of errors and weird-sounding grammar.

I've noticed this :/

Ya'qub wrote:

I can't see why it should be
if you get the zer zabr shad, pehsh wrong it could change the meaning of a word from good to bad

lollywood wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

I can't see why it should be

lol he was joking btw

lol he was joking btw

It didn’t sound funny

Lol it's called sarcasm.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

lollywood wrote:

lol he was joking btw

It didn’t sound funny

at least i dont look funny (!) Blum 3

jay k made a good point about the oral tradition. We are losing this, especially amongst muslims in the west. It needs a revival at the very least 1 child preferably the first born should be made a hafiz at a young age so secular education doesn't get in the way. Then insha'allah that child can teach the rest of his/her siblings. So no matter what career those children decide to follow they will always be hafiz and hafizah at the very least.

In some cultures you would be a laughing stock if you weren't a hafiz or hafizah. i remember this somali guy he was in his 30s. he said he was the last child of 9 to do hifz. if he didnt complete it, he couldn't show his face in the village, his sisters and brothers completed it when they were very young. He completed his secular studies and hifz within the year and returned home happy. This is attitude we should employ it should be embedded within our religious and cultural beliefs rather than something that is optional compared with secular studies. Or something that is only attainable for the super intelligent. It is mostly about memory and good intention, obviously it helps if you're young, but its never too late if the dedication is there.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Is it really that compulsory for us to strive 2 become hafiz?
Or is understanding & implementing it's teachings more important?

Hajjar wrote:
We are losing this, especially amongst muslims in the west. It needs a revival at the very least 1 child preferably the first born should be made a hafiz at a young age

Its not in the priority of children who are born in the west in other words children in the west are simply not interested they just want go out with there mates play football or play with there playstations or surf the net

lollywood wrote:
Hajjar wrote:
We are losing this, especially amongst muslims in the west. It needs a revival at the very least 1 child preferably the first born should be made a hafiz at a young age

Its not in the priority of children who are born in the west in other words children in the west are simply not interested they just want go out with there mates play football or play with there playstations or surf the net

How do you know thats true?
Most Muslims I know have memorised at least part of the Quran

>Allah subhana wa ta'alaa protects the Qu'ran by allowing so many people to become hafiz.

Indeed. The Koran is the message from Allah sent to the heart of the prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) who recited it and implemented it through his behaviour and rulings into his life and as such laid the base for the Sharia.

It is not only upon the Muslims, individual or as a community, to learn as much as possible of the Koran and hadieth by heart, is is also upon them to make sure the environment in which this is facilitated is preserved, advocated for.

One of the first things the colonialists did once they had managed to gain military control was to close down the maddrassas.

Later, once nationalism and other alien ideologies had managed to get hold in society, it were the promoters of these policies that finished off the job: Stalin replaced the Arabic alphabet in the "southern republics of the Soviet Union" by mixtures of the Cyrillic alphabet to advocate the Russification of the Muslim territories.

Many ancient text written by Turkish alims have virtually become inaccessible because of the forced introduction of their blend of the Latin alphabet.

In the Magreb counties people, even on TV, speak often a weird mixture of Arabic and French. The so called better schools are run by missionaries and steer this process of abandoning and perverting the Arab language.

The responsibility to preserve the message of Islam is on all Muslims.
Learning Arabic is an essential part of that.

Ya'qub wrote:

How do you know thats true?

That's what I see

Ya'qub wrote:

I'm in shock

lollywood wrote:

Ya'qub wrote:

I'm in shock

yes SI, we call it going to madrassah/mosque.

and the rest of yous! leave SI alone...

and what books are we talking about that have mistakes? books we buy in bookshops or??

@Hajjar: how would a child teach another child the whole Quran? i think it isnt fair to pick the eldest just coz they are the eldest. all kids at the same age should be taught the same things. elders got a lot on their plate already, having to teach younger siblings the whole Quran is a bit a lot to ask...

nomad wrote:
>Allah subhana wa ta'alaa protects the Qu'ran by allowing so many people to become hafiz.
it is also upon them to make sure the environment in which this is facilitated is preserved, advocated for.

Our parents ran out of Pakistan with there pants down because UK was - is considered heaven on earth in Pakistan, they did not think about the "environment" there kids are going to grow up in

nomad wrote:

Many ancient text written by Turkish alims have virtually become inaccessible because of the forced introduction of their blend of the Latin alphabet.

Its the same kind of thing with Punjabi Muslims can't read the Shahmukhi script because it was never meant for Punjabi Gurmukhi was they did not take up that script because it was concerned a Sikh religious script

nomad wrote:

In the Magreb counties people, even on TV, speak often a weird mixture of Arabic and French. The so called better schools are run by missionaries and steer this process of abandoning and perverting the Arab language.

English is the common language in most countries most Muslims countries prefer to speak English the way we do in Maghrib countries

nomad wrote:

Learning Arabic is an essential part of that.

[/quote]

For me its Urdu, Punjabi

arabic for all MUSLIMS is an essential part. because the Quran is in arabic and translation can never do justice to the Quran. All the hadith are in arabic, inshaaAllah when you learn more about the religion you will inderstand the value of arabic. for me, i cant wait to be able to read and speak arabic fluently

Pages