New Rules For Women Considering Abortion

47 posts / 0 new
Last post

You wrote:
What are the rules according to the various fiqh's?

This is what us the sunni say

the Hadith recorded by the two most authentic authorities, Imam al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim in their respective Sahih collections, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) discussed in detail the periods elapsing between these stages, mentioned by the Qur'an.

In conclusion, abortion after 120 days is totally unlawful and tantamount to murder. Some Fuqaha, however, have given a dispensation only in the situation where the mother's life is in certain danger. As far as abortion before the 120 days have elapsed is concerned, it will still be unlawful, though the sin will be of a lesser degree, and it will become permissible if there is a genuine and valid reason.

And Allah Knows Best
Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam

This iw what they Shias say

Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi

In Shi'ah fiqh, the indemnity for abortion differs according to the various stages of pregnancy. However, what is relevant to our discussion is the indemnity for the first four months of pregnancy. The child in its mother's womb during this time goes through five stages gradually with distinctive names:
nutfah, when it is a sperm;
'alaqah, when it is a blood-like clot;
muzgah, when it is a lump of flesh;
'azm, when bones are formed,
yaksu lahman, when bones are clothed with flesh

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:

This iw what they Shias say

Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi

In Shi'ah fiqh, the indemnity for abortion differs according to the various stages of pregnancy. However, what is relevant to our discussion is the indemnity for the first four months of pregnancy. The child in its mother's womb during this time goes through five stages gradually with distinctive names:

What about these stages?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi

What about these stages?

Lets leave this one for Ayatollah malik

If you're gna share something, atleast do it properly

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

If you're gna share something, atleast do it properly

Its difficult especially when there are so opinions on one matter

You just shared something which is either incomplete or doesn't really answer the Q! look carefully first

I meant the full quote not the link

I meant the full quote not the link

Admin said don't post full quotes only post a little bit and then give the link to it

post an amount that is useful without being overwhelming in the future.

I give permission.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

that doesn't mean half way through a post :/ you gotta be able to get a jist of things and at first u didn't even post the link!

I think what *lollywood* is trying to say is the fact that some people say life begins at conception while other school of thought believe life begins when the foetus has a heart beat and others say when the foestus is fully developed. We shouldn't argue over such Matters as the evidence from the Quran is pretty clear. We should follow what Islam says instead of others. With all these differences of opinions, this is the reason why the Muslim's have divided. Also why would Allah allow people with down syndrome to get aborted? They are a test for us. No one has the right to take away life as it is Allah's responsibility to decide who dies and who doesn't. People with down syndrome have a right to live just like everone else. Life is a loan not a right! like all loans it will be paid back to the person who lent it. Muslim's who are healthy should not do abortion as we believe in sanctity of life and also like I said no one has the right to take on Allah's role. So whoever said "down syndrome children should be aborted as Allah wants it this way, think again" Sad

"Nor shall a soul die, except by Allah's leave. The term being fixed as by writing" (quran). This means the length of a person's life can only be decided by Allah.

I think it's very idiotic for some to argue about a topic like this. When Allah has simplified the rulings on aboriton and life. Why then are people arguing and looking into it deaper?

I didn't say 'because Allah wants it this way', but I wa sayin that evrything happens only with the Will of Allah and 90% of the fetuses are aborted so that happen by the Will of Allah.
I don't know if it wrong or right.
on a side not I didn't know Islamic doctrine was as strict on abortion. Has it always been this case?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
I didn't say 'because Allah wants it this way', but I wa sayin that evrything happens only with the Will of Allah and 90% of the fetuses are aborted so that happen by the Will of Allah.
I don't know if it wrong or right.
on a side not I didn't know Islamic doctrine was as strict on abortion. Has it always been this case?

Oh O.k I kinda get u. You are right everything happens by the will of Allah. So If a woman had a Misscariage, once could presume it was by the will of Allah. But abortion is a moral evil commited by a human- out of free will. So that would be their sin.

erm....Islam is a very lenient and peaceful religion. But according to abortion and life, there are certain rules which Muslim's must not transgress. and with a delicate topic like this, Allah has told us all we need to know so that there is no doubt. Everything related to life, euthenasia, abortion is all mentioned in the Quran. This is so that there is no division within the Muslim's. For e.g hanafi's may say sumit and shaf's will say sumit else- causing division. Life is very important to such an extent that Allah mentions in the Quran, if a person is about to die, due to hunger, than he can eat pork so long as he does not enjoy it. But if a person was trying to take away his own life then Allah says: "Nor shall a soul die except by Allah's leave. The term being fixed as by writing." which means the length of a person's life is already decided by Allah. A person could think by taking away his own life (suicide, euthenasia) this was written in his destiny and this is what Allah wanted. But it's very idiotic to think like this.

The Prophet (SAW) said: " A man was wounded in the battlefield. Due to the pain he was experienceing, he cut his wounds to hasten his death so he (SAW) reports that Allah said: "My slave hurried in the matter of his life, therefore he is deprived of the garden" (paradise).

Regarding Life? yes Islam has very strict conditions which are mentioned in the Quran. With regards to Abortion, the Mother's life takes priority so only then can abortion take place. Hope that helps!

personally i think abortion is on the rise because its all too easy to get an abortion in the west. It's a quick contraceptive method when the common contraception fails to work, it disgusts me. If its used for a genuine reason i can understand that, but otherwise im opposed to it.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
personally i think abortion is on the rise because its all too easy to get an abortion in the west. It's a quick contraceptive method when the common contraception fails to work, it disgusts me. If its used for a genuine reason i can understand that, but otherwise im opposed to it.

But in countries where it's illegal people still get it done - except its done in backstreets by unqualified people for profit- there is a horrific romanian film about this which i wouldn't recommend people to watch unless they have a strong stomach.
If people are going to get it anyway, surely its more important that they can get it done safely?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Pages