The role of a muslim wife

Many many roles...list can go on forever Smile

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

To attain jannah by pleasing her husband and remaining steadfast on deen.

I like the idea of a slave.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ocean wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I'm sure there are other ways of attaining Jannah :roll:

The above statement makes it sound like women don't need men unless that's the only way it gets them into Heaven...

Actually no there isn't, a husbands happiness leads to a wife's jannah from what I know, just like how jannah lies at the feet of the mother for men.

Ghost wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Ghost wrote:

The above statement makes it sound like women don't need men unless that's the only way it gets them into Heaven...

Actually no there isn't, a husbands happiness leads to a wife's jannah from what I know, just like how jannah lies at the feet of the mother for men.

riiiiiight.
for children*

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Ghost wrote:

riiiiiight.
for children*

Wrong, for men

Evidence?

(I've never seen/heard it specified - that's mine Blum 3 )

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Evidence?

(I've never seen/heard it specified - that's mine Blum 3 )

Maybe some other time.

You gotta provide the evidence, no maybe about it!

You gotta provide the evidence, no maybe about it!

When I'm in da mood, right now I'm waiting for iftaar.

:roll:

you two are getting along swimmingly.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Errrrmmmm there's no evidence for either children or men. The saying of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is that " jannat lies under the feet of your mother"

Not specifically for men or children.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

I was listening to something at work today and someone there mentioned how the women may like the freedom that maliki fiqh gives them.

In short - no sort of servience at all, not even to placate tensions etc. But without give and take from both sides I guess no marriage would last.

Foysol89 wrote:
Errrrmmmm there's no evidence for either children or men. The saying of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is that " jannat lies under the feet of your mother"

Not specifically for men or children.

yeh I know, it is specified hence you'd (or, well, I did) assume it's generally children

Ocean wrote:
What was it that you were listening to?

I wasnt listening to it, someone else was listening to a speech about Maliki fiqh and I overheard parts of it.

(it was by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf)