Why does the Ramadhan Timetable vary so much

Why do we have so many Ramadhan timetable across different mosques. And surely, the times shoudl be set in stone. Could we not simply use the Met Office to give us the times? Or would this be too easy for us??

Different cities vary in time. The time in Scotland varies from the time in London. That is why the times on the Ramadhan Timetable vary so much.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Hmmm.. Was just thinkin..
Theres a number of mosques in my area..
N two of them have a difference of 45 mins for suhoor

Lioness of Allah wrote:
Different cities vary in time. The time in Scotland varies from the time in London. That is why the times on the Ramadhan Timetable vary so much.

There are also different ideas and calculations for when dawn is, so yo can get a variation of AFAIK 3 separate times for sehree ends depending on which method was used.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

When does it start to get longer?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

the advice is to follow one calendar and stick to it. we're following the mosque at which we're doing taraweeh ths year.

and 4 hours is cool. you can stay up, pray, read, eat, then sleep after Fajr

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I find lack of sleep to be a bigger issue than lack of food/water.

Ocean wrote:
You wrote:
When does it start to get longer?

Last week of ramadhan

It gets longer day by day. The fast is getting shorter

Don't just do something! Stand there.

It depends on how your timetable is for sehri ends.

The issue is that many calendars end sehri when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon... only that the sun does not go below that in some parts of the world in some parts of the year.

Here, some timetables simply start fajr time/end sehri at the half way point between sunset and sunrise thinking that as a decent way of following "the rules". (I dont agree but that is a different matter.)

With such timetables, the sehri ends time will be stationary til when the sun starts going below 18 degrees again and they can use their methods of calculation.

(because Ocean is a lot further to the north, the day when that happens is later than it does for here, where it has happened a week or so ago.)

On the other hand there is another calculation method/timetable that puts sehri ends at around quarter to 4, but since fasting is now about cheating, if you consider that timetable "cheating", you are unlikely to follow it (I am not sure what the calculation method for that is, but logically the timing seems mroe correct to me).

You wrote:
It depends on how your timetable is for sehri ends.

The issue is that many calendars end sehri when the sun is 18 degrees below the horizon... only that the sun does not go below that in some parts of the world in some parts of the year.

Here, some timetables simply start fajr time/end sehri at the half way point between sunset and sunrise thinking that as a decent way of following "the rules". (I dont agree but that is a different matter.)

With such timetables, the sehri ends time will be stationary til when the sun starts going below 18 degrees again and they can use their methods of calculation.

(because Ocean is a lot further to the north, the day when that happens is later than it does for here, where it has happened a week or so ago.)

On the other hand there is another calculation method/timetable that puts sehri ends at around quarter to 4, but since fasting is now about cheating, if you consider that timetable "cheating", you are unlikely to follow it (I am not sure what the calculation method for that is, but logically the timing seems mroe correct to me).

yeh but the total amount of time that it is dark every night is longer than the previous night.
The days dont stay the same length as each other unless you live on the equator.

Don't just do something! Stand there.