Breast feeding doll for young girls goes on sale

Parents' fury as breastfeeding doll for young girls goes on sale

We've seen dolls that cry, dolls that drink and eat, even dolls that soil themselves.

But now one Spanish toy company has come up with a controversial way of making their products even more authentic - a breastfeeding doll.
But Berjuan has been slammed by parents who complain the bizarre toy promotes the sexualisation of young girls.

Bebe Gloton, meaning greedy baby, looks like any regular toy, but comes with a bra-like halter top featuring symbolic flowers for the child to wear
To play with the doll, it is latched on to the petals, where it emits a suckling sound, before it has to be burped to stop it from crying.
The bizarre electronic creation, which was designed by Berjuan to promote breast-feeding, has sparked outrage among some parents who have branded the toy 'inapropriate'.

Posting a comment after watching a demonstration video online, one user wrote: 'This toy would never work in the U.S. because the public would sexualize the act of breastfeeding, thereby deeming it inappropriate for little girl to engage in.'
Another wrote: ' Honestly, I think this is awful. Now let me just be clear, I think breastfeeding is wonderful and wholeheartedly encourage it, however, it is completely inappropriate to allow a young girl to mimic it.

'Yes, breastfeeding is completely natural, but it is something that only adults do, not children. It would actually disgust me if I were to see a child using this “toy”.'
Many parents however were happy to buy Bebe Gloton for their own child as a means of encouraging the natural process of breast-feeding.
One poster wrote: 'I think is great because there are so many teenage mothers like myself that won't breastfeed because of the way society has put it in their heads not too.
'it is the best thing for them and it promotes that its the best way to keep your baby healthy, and its free, we can use that in this economy today.'
Another fan of Bebe Gloton wrote enthusiastically: 'This isn’t gross. What’s gross is a doll that poops.'
The life-like doll measures 19.6 inches long, the average length of a real new-born, and is available in either gender, retailing at around 44 euros.
It is available to buy in Spain but has yet to hit international markets.

'Yes, breastfeeding is completely natural, but it is something that only adults do, not children. It would actually disgust me if I were to see a child using this “toy”.'
Many parents however were happy to buy Bebe Gloton for their own child as a means of encouraging the natural process of breast-feeding.
One poster wrote: 'I think is great because there are so many teenage mothers like myself that won't breastfeed because of the way society has put it in their heads not too.
'it is the best thing for them and it promotes that its the best way to keep your baby healthy, and its free, we can use that in this economy today.'
Another fan of Bebe Gloton wrote enthusiastically: 'This isn’t gross. What’s gross is a doll that poops.'
The life-like doll measures 19.6 inches long, the average length of a real new-born, and is available in either gender, retailing at around 44 euros.
It is available to buy in Spain but has yet to hit international markets.

Read more:

What's next a male and female doll sold as a set when you put them together they start pro creating?

What do you think about this?

My English is not very good

too bad, now what's next..........

Some1 wrote:
too bad, now what's next..........

I know -a male and female doll sold as a set when you put them together they start pro creating

you love seeing the negative in society don't you?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
you love seeing the negative in society don't you?

I don't my up the stories

Do you think its ok for this kind of thing to be going on?

I don't really fcare if they do.

Its not important.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I don't really fcare if they do.

Its not important.

It is if you have young kids of your own or young kids in the family

Ocean wrote:
Dude, have you tried living and letting live?

It'll help, trust me.

I'm not stopping anyone

Ocean wrote:
stopincest wrote:
Ocean wrote:
Dude, have you tried living and letting live?

It'll help, trust me.

I'm not stopping anyone

I'm suggesting it to you, you dimwit!

Why would you think I have not

stopincest wrote:
It is if you have young kids of your own or young kids in the family

Do you have kids?

If so, don't buy them this doll. Simple.

This world is not supposed to be a world free of temptation. The idea is to resist the bad temptations while enjoying the good ones.

You wrote:
Do you have kids?

No

You wrote:

This world is not supposed to be a world free of temptation. The idea is to resist the bad temptations while enjoying the good ones.

[/quote]

I agree with you but are 5 year old kids going to understand that?

their parents should.

Just like they should understand that letting them stand in the way of oncoming traffic is not a good idea.

stopincest wrote:

Five year olds need to be told. Their parents should know what is right and wrong and then their childern will know. Ocean and You are right, start looking at the positive side of the world, and post postive news reports instead of dewwlling on the negatives.

Smile and embrace the positive side of the world Biggrin

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:
stopincest wrote:

Five year olds need to be told. Their parents should know what is right and wrong and then their childern will know. Ocean and You are right, start looking at the positive side of the world, and post postive news reports instead of dewwlling on the negatives.

Smile and embrace the positive side of the world Biggrin

I will try my best to look at the positive side of things

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! that is SOOOOOOO gross!!!!

but hey, when a lil kid see her mum breasfeed what does she do? get her dolly and does the same. and now the creators of toy have just upped the mimic. make it so the dolly makes noise. ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

ahh..the absurdity of it all.......

geez...running out of idea for toys..MUCH?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

but hey, when a lil kid see her mum breasfeed what does she do? get her dolly and does the same.

Funny it sounds that might just happen plus we are robbing children of there innocence

Lilly wrote:

and now the creators of toy have just upped the mimic. make it so the dolly makes noise. ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING!

ahh..the absurdity of it all.......

geez...running out of idea for toys..MUCH?

They just keep trying new ways to make money for example some news papers charge you for reading online

stopincest wrote:
Lilly wrote:

but hey, when a lil kid see her mum breasfeed what does she do? get her dolly and does the same.

Funny it sounds that might just happen plus we are robbing children of there innocence

dude. that already happens. thats what kid girls DO.

Lilly wrote:

thats what kid girls DO.

Do they, really?

I admit I'm against it because I think children are already growing up too fast however

the fact that you think that a child simulating breastfeeding is something indecent that takes away their innocence is really kind of disturbing. It's actually kind of creepy that you see it that way.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Rawrrs_isarollingstone wrote:
the fact that you think that a child simulating breast feeding is something indecent that takes away their innocence is really kind of disturbing. It's actually kind of creepy that you see it that way.

What's the point of a child simulating breast feeding in the first place?, they will be breast feeding for real at some stage of there life

stopincest wrote:
the fact that you think that a child simulating breast feeding is something indecent that takes away their innocence is really kind of disturbing. It's actually kind of creepy that you see it that way.

What's the point of a child simulating breast feeding in the first place?, they will be breast feeding for real at some stage of there life

practice makes perfect they say right Wink

Lol

stopincest wrote:

I don't recall saying there was a 'point' to it. In fact, I explicitly said I was against it, but you conveniently didn't quote that bit.

I just think it's strange to see it as something taboo or dirty and that's the reason why kids shouldnt do it, as opposed to it's just too grown up.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

I don't recall saying there was a 'point' to it. In fact, I explicitly said I was against it, but you conveniently didn't quote that bit.

I just think it's strange to see it as something taboo or dirty and that's the reason why kids shouldnt do it, as opposed to it's just too grown up.

I'm saying whats the point, I'm not saying you said that

Kids should not be exposed to such things at an early age thats all I'm trying to say

stopincest wrote:

Kids should not be exposed to such things at an early age thats all I'm trying to say

MOTHERRRS!!! HIDE FORM YOUR KIDS WHEN BREASTFEEDING AS IT IS A DISGUSTING THING TO DO! DISGUSTING I SAY!! SHAME ON YOU MOTHERS FOR FEEDING YOUR CHILD WITH THE GODGIVEN MILK! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEE!!!!!

Lilly wrote:
stopincest wrote:

MOTHERRRS!!! HIDE FORM YOUR KIDS WHEN BREASTFEEDING AS IT IS A DISGUSTING THING TO DO! DISGUSTING I SAY!! SHAME ON YOU MOTHERS FOR FEEDING YOUR CHILD WITH THE GODGIVEN MILK! SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEE!!!!!

Yes why can't they breast feed privately? do you want them to breast feed in public?

You're so weird. Everyone knows the whole breastfeeding doll thing is strange and inappropriate because children are too young to be doing something so adult but only you think its wrong because of the actual act of breastfeeding as a whole.

How old are you, like 11?

You're so weird. Everyone knows the whole breastfeeding doll thing is strange and inappropriate because children are too young to be doing something so adult but only you think its wrong because of the actual act of breastfeeding as a whole.

The act of breast feeding is wrong for a 5 or 6 year old to fully know about

stopincest wrote:

Yes. I agree.
Whats that got to do with women in general breastfeeding in public or in private?
That doesnt make breastfeeding taboo or disgusting, it's perfectly natural.

stopincest wrote:

Yes. I agree.
Whats that got to do with women in general breastfeeding in public or in private?
That doesnt make breastfeeding taboo or disgusting, it's perfectly natural.

Its natural but why do it in a public place were other people might be watching

What? SO you're gna starve your baby, instead?

:roll:

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Pages