Ramadhan Checklist

The word document in this may give you some good ideas on things to do during the month. Smile

I see revvy has it's own version .

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

all credit to these sisters who made it. i hope they wont mind...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

why do u have exhalted and worshipped member? lol!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:

coz she's baaaad!

means she's just as bad on tsr as on here. a member and a half.

edit: a little bit of explanation on what's on the checklist.

Most of the dhikr you can find in the fortress of the Muslim.

Waking up duah:

Morning/Evening dhikr:

Recommended dhikr after prayer:

Reading the Kalimaat 100 times:

"لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ، وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ"
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, Who has no partner. His is the dominion and His is the praise and He is Able to do all things . (Recite ten times 1 in Arabic or one time to ward off laziness.)2
Reference:
1Allah will write ten Hasanaat (rewards) for whoever recites this ten times in the morning, and forgive him ten misdeeds and give him the reward of freeing ten slaves and protect him from Satan. Whoever recites this ten times in the evening will get this same reward. An-Nasa'i, 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah (no. 24). Its chain of transmission is sound (Sahih). Albani 1/272. Abu Hurayrah «fe narrated that the Prophet j§ said: "Allah will write one hundred Hasanat for whoever says There is no God but Allah alone, He has no partner. To Allah is possession of everything, and to Him all praise is. He is Capable of all things' ten times in the morning, and forgive him one hundred misdeeds. He will have the reward of freeing a slave and will be protected from Satan throughout the day unto dusk. Whoever says it in the evening will have the same reward." Ahmad 8/704, 16/293. Its chain of transmission is good (Hasan), Ibn Baz, p. 44.
2 Whoever recites this in the morning, will have the reward of freeing a slave from the Children of Isma'il. Ten Hasanaat (rewards) will be written for him, and he will be forgiven ten misdeeds, raised up ten degrees, and be protected from Satan until evening. Whoever says it in the evening will have the same reward until morning. Abu Dawud 4/319, 3/957, Ahmad 4/ 60, Ibn Majah 2/331, Ibn Al-Qayyim Zadul-Ma'ad 2/388. Its chain of transmission is sound (Sahih). Al-Albani 1/270.

The 12 sunnah: Allaah will build a house in Heaven for whoever is diligent in observing 12 Sunnah Rak'aat (as follows): 4 Rak'aat before and 2 after the Dhuhr (Midday) Prayer, 2 after the Maghrib (Sunset Prayer), 2 after the ‘Ishaa’ (Evening) Prayer and 2 before the Fajr (Dawn) Prayer." Hadith sahih narrated by at-Tirmidhi No. 379 and by others. Hadith No. 6183 in Sahih al-Jaami

Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:

coz she's baaaad!

nope im not that bad, this is like the 2nd title or something out like over 5... e.g there's a 'demigod'one too Beee

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:
bilan wrote:

coz she's baaaad!

nope im not that bad, this is like the 2nd title or something out like over 5... e.g there's a 'demigod'one too Beee

thats crazy!

(what I said was wrong, my title is the 4th out of probably 10+ )

Anyway back to the topic

If you read 5 pages of Qur'an after each salah, you can read one whole part in a day Smile

I'm gna try reading 10 pages now, inshaAllah.

(what I said was wrong, my title is the 4th out of probably 10+ )

Anyway back to the topic

If you read 5 pages of Qur'an after each salah, you can read one whole part in a day Smile

I'm gna try reading 10 pages now, inshaAllah.

mashAllah feefs! Biggrin

@Lilly, so dhikr is the reciting of duas? I thought dhikr was any act of worship as it involves the remembrance of Allah(swt)? I need to become more familiar with arabic terms man :/

(maybe add that the sunnah prayer before duhr should be prayed 2 units each and not all in one go?)

bilan wrote:

(maybe add that the sunnah prayer before duhr should be prayed 2 units each and not all in one go?)

is that so?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

bilan wrote:

mashAllah feefs! Biggrin

@Lilly, so dhikr is the reciting of duas? I thought dhikr was any act of worship as it involves the remembrance of Allah(swt)? I need to become more familiar with arabic terms man :/

Thank you Smile I know people reads loads more than that but for me it was pretty good for me plus it's easier if you break it down like that so I thought I'd share that 'technique' with everyone Smile

yes dhikr = remembrance of Allah (swt)

dhikr is as TPofS said, rememberance of Allah. but you can use SPECIFIC duahs. thats when duah reciting come in the picture.

Ya'qub wrote:
bilan wrote:

is that so?

yh, I only found out myself yday from this site

praying the sunnah all in one go before duhr is apparently the Hanafi school of thought and the prophet(saw) used to pray it 2 by 2.

Lilly wrote:
dhikr is as TPofS said, rememberance of Allah. but you can use SPECIFIC duahs. thats when duah reciting come in the picture.

coolio. thanx. so generally when someone mentions dhikr they mean dua reciting in particular?

bilan wrote:
Lilly wrote:

coolio. thanx. so generally when someone mentions dhikr they mean dua reciting in particular?

well...what do you mean duah reciting.

is saying "subhanAllah" "alhamdoulillah" "allahuakbar" considered duah reciting? coz its dhikr.

why cant duah reciting and rememberance of Allah be the same thing?

plus its an arabic word. so it might have more than one meaning, or a meaning that cannot be totally explained in english.

bilan wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
bilan wrote:

is that so?

praying the sunnah all in one go before duhr is apparently the Hanafi school of thought and the prophet(saw) used to pray it 2 by 2.

The key word from that website is preferably. Plus since all the madhabs are right it can't be wrong to pray like that.

bilan wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
bilan wrote:

is that so?

The key word from that website is preferably. Plus since all the madhabs are right it can't be wrong to pray like that.

Yeah but surely we should always follow the preferable or most-accurate thing, regardless of which madhab its part of?

That page mentioned a sunnah prayer before maghrib... :/

praying the sunnah all in one go before duhr is apparently the Hanafi school of thought

which would also be based in hadith evidence (and/or the actions of the sahabah).

Hadith evidence that may not have made it intact to the generation of the muhaddith a hundred or so years later.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
That page mentioned a sunnah prayer before maghrib... :/

praying the sunnah all in one go before duhr is apparently the Hanafi school of thought

which would also be based in hadith evidence (and/or the actions of the sahabah).

Hadith evidence that may not have made it intact to the generation of the muhaddith a hundred or so years later.

That sunnah prayer isnt part of the 12 though. its considered along the same lines as the one before asr

Ya'qub wrote:

Yeah but surely we should always follow the preferable or most-accurate thing, regardless of which madhab its part of?

What's preferable is different according to different schools of thought, no? If someone follows a school of thought, they will derive their fiqh from there and whatever it says will be the preferable thing to do, no?

Ya'qub wrote:

What's preferable is different according to different schools of thought, no? If someone follows a school of thought, they will derive their fiqh from there and whatever it says will be the preferable thing to do, no?

maybe, but imam Shafi'i said that if you come across a hadith or ayat that goes against one of his rulings, then follow the hadith/ayat.

I'm pretty sure that applies to all the madhabs

It doesn't say that in the hadith though...

bilan wrote:
That sunnah prayer isnt part of the 12 though. its considered along the same lines as the one before asr

Yes but I have been taght that between the fardh of asr and the fardh of maghrib, the only allowed prayer is one of qadha.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
bilan wrote:

Yes but I have been taght that between the fardh of asr and the fardh of maghrib, the only allowed prayer is one of qadha.

what's qadha exactly?

bilan wrote:

what's qadha exactly?

The prayer you do to make up for a missed one.

You wrote:
bilan wrote:

what if u enter the mosque before maghrib, most people will do the sunnah prayer for entering the masjid

yep, you're not suppose to pray after Asr.

but after Asr is not straight after before maghrib. and if you're about to pray maghrib, then the sunnah before it would be the sunnah before maghrib.

and i dont know about the tahajjud masjid and making up prayers after asr.

Thanks for the checklist, its really useful. Muslim Aid make this annual ramadhan booklet which is really useful. They have a checklist there too.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Thanks for the checklist, its really useful. Muslim Aid make this annual ramadhan booklet which is really useful. They have a checklist there too.

Smile Biggrin

EDIT: Whoa, Triple posting, they say patience is good....

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:

Oh I've seen that checklist! It's a nice colourful little thing Biggrin I wonder where I've put it...

Pages