Suhoor/Sehri/Pre Dawn Meal/Iftar

66 posts / 0 new
Last post

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
What time did you wake up? Most likely your food will be digested by the time you wake up no matter what you eat.

I did feel hungry, but so far it has been much better than last year. Last year I was actually in pain cuz of the hunger! Then again, there's quite a few hours left!

I ate before it was 'officially' sehri. but i didnt have that much to eat that same day, making me hungry earlier than normal.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Ah well bilan, you know not to do that again Smile
I had a bowl of cheerio's today, a date and a glass of water.

What do you do if you don't wake up for suhoor, and oversleep? Coz i think Yaqub mentioned something about sleeping in. Is your fast still "accepted" and valid or is that fast then a qadha?

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:
Ah well bilan, you know not to do that again Smile
I had a bowl of cheerio's today, a date and a glass of water.

What do you do if you don't wake up for suhoor, and oversleep? Coz i think Yaqub mentioned something about sleeping in. Is your fast still "accepted" and valid or is that fast then a qadha?

lol! yes ma'am :oops:

It still is. You get reward for waking up, but its not MUST must

I had...samosa! and mandaasi and pancakes and syrup! Biggrin and yoghurt cos admin mentioned it but it was off! Biggrin so had to have one of those probiotic ones :/
need to try porridge next time inshAllah. over and out Biggrin

For iftar I had 3 dates, a boiled egg, water, fruit chaat, some pakoreh and then later those chocolate croissants

For sehri, I had a chapatti with vegetables, more water and then washed the dishes, waited a while then had some rice pudding Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! (late I know)

At sehri time I just have paratha and some curry. Then I have some tea with biscuits.

For Iftar (only had one yet) I had spring rolls with chatni (yuuum) and then had a chappati with curry.

I am going to avoid having fried food ONLY.

Second fast at work again, going not bad, finish at 6pm, enough time to go home and prepare for breaking fast Smile

Angelic wrote:
Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! (late I know)

At sehri time I just have paratha and some curry. Then I have some tea with biscuits.

For Iftar (only had one yet) I had spring rolls with chatni (yuuum) and then had a chappati with curry.

I am going to avoid having fried food ONLY.

Second fast at work again, going not bad, finish at 6pm, enough time to go home and prepare for breaking fast Smile

Ramadhan Mubarak to you too Smile

Are the fasts really 20hrs long in scotland?? :O

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

on first day i had them AWESOME cereals! they are...STAR SHAPEEEEDDDD THEY ARE TOO COOL!

for iftaar i had dates, mauritian cake thingies, agarjelly thingy...argh...too hard to describe...hmm..lets say..homemade nuggets thingies.

for suhoor two i had.... OATMEAL AND PEAR BOOOOOOYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA

for iftaar 2...*drools*

im going to go read some Quran or something...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Maybe its just me..but u guys dnt seem to have a lot for iftaar.

But! ive bought my oates. bring on porridge for sehri wooh! Biggrin

bilan wrote:
Maybe its just me..but u guys dnt seem to have a lot for iftaar.

me? no..its me being lazy...i think we're still iftaaring. or dinnering. or ifneering.

Ramadhan Mubarak to you too Smile

Are the fasts really 20hrs long in scotland?? :O

Thanks Smile

Well not exactly 20, we close fast at 3am and break the fast at 9:30 currently, so about 18 and half hours! What about you guys?

Mine closes at 3.40 and opens at 9, So an hour-ish difference

I think i need to branch out and try new, and different types of foods. For iftar yesterday, i had dates,chicken, and lots and lots of fruit! I also had Yogurt, and it wasn't off!!!

My fast starts at 3.20 ish and i open it at like about 9 ish Smile

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:
I think i need to branch out and try new, and different types of foods. For iftar yesterday, i had dates,chicken, and lots and lots of fruit! I also had Yogurt, and it wasn't off!!!

sounds too healthy

fooooddd.....fooodddd....ffoooood....

had freshly made mauritian rotti this morning...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... too good...

tonight...tonight...hmmmm...tonight... I'll make a cake, now. for tonight!

whats mauritian rotti like?

s.b.f wrote:
sounds too healthy

Thats kind of my "theme" this Ramadhan.

@Lily, mmmm Cake sounds good.... I'm gonna make flapjack Biggrin (Maybe Tommorow though Lol

Smile Biggrin

the stomach needs to get back used to having food in it, atleast for me.

after a while tea = heaven though.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Am craving samosas, gnu scout thru mecca tonight in search of these tasty delights lol....more than hunger is thirst which makes fasting here a mission. Anywaysss of to the harram for iftaar, jummah mubarak Smile

ah..lucky lucky man...

mauritian rotti just taste different. i dont know. everything we do just TASTE different. even if it has the same name...

i drink all night and eat inbetween. quite literally. no indisgestion Wink (i feel like ive spelt that word wrong...)

i made flapjacks on day 2 or 3. for the first time. I made it pear flavoured! i want to make more! and i want to make apple and cinnamon cake..but...cbb...

Suhail wrote:
Am craving samosas, gnu scout thru mecca tonight in search of these tasty delights lol....more than hunger is thirst which makes fasting here a mission. Anywaysss of to the harram for iftaar, jummah mubarak Smile

In Saudi.. And Replyiin To Revvyy.. Now Thats Waah Yhuu Call..Dedication..!

Suhail wrote:

Biggrin

but keep away from here and make the most of your time! Wink

@Lilly - indigestion

but keep away from here and make the most of your time! Wink

LOL..!

Lilly wrote:
ah..lucky lucky man...

mauritian rotti just taste different. i dont know. everything we do just TASTE different. even if it has the same name...

Why does everything taste different? Nearly iftar time!!! Gonna ditch my healthy diet for Kebabs tonight!!!

I didn't get to make the Flapjack Sad (Tommorow inshallah!)

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:

Why does everything taste different? Nearly iftar time!!! Gonna ditch my healthy diet for Kebabs tonight!!!

Smile enjoy

I've had my braces tightened so won't be able to really eat anything Sad ahhhh the pain Sad

aww, feel it for ya feefs.

and I want cake!!!!!! Sad how can u people speak of cake and not give me?? Sad I love cake but rubbish at making it. no point making it for iftaar though, i dnt think id have it. i dnt know what i do wrong for sehri but i seem to be hungry soon as i wake up everytime. today i woke up because of it! then i went back to bed cos..u knw it was early Blum 3 but I had boiled egg, weetabix and chicken.

Ocean wrote:

and today I plan to make mushroom, capsicum and cheese omelette

That tastes amazing. My sister instead of making an omelette, made it with a baguette and that tastes even better. Try it Wink

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Whoa, nearly a week has passed. Its gone fast.

I made Flapjack yesterday! It was tasty Biggrin

Smile Biggrin

Lioness of Allah wrote:

I made Flapjack yesterday! It was tasty Biggrin

Soo Did My Sisster..Lol.!

Pages