How Do You Entertain Guests?

154 posts / 0 new
Last post

Salaam

..Another annoying about being polite in guest’s house is the food they sometimes serve.

I’m not a fussy eater and I’ll pretty much eat anything. However, I cringe at the idea of hot milk with skin on it or lumpy milky dishes…

And with Asians they don’t take No for an answer as they assume you’re being polite.

I was once served lumpy trifle, and the custard had massive lumps in it. And I helped myself to a teeny weeny amount so that the aunty wouldn’t get offended….she grabbed my plate and added two huge spoonfuls and told me not to “be shy”.

I seriously was trying not to gag. I couldn’t finish my plate and told my sister that I’d pay her if she finished my plate….I slipped my pudding into her plate only for the aunty to notice that my plate was empty so she filled it up again.

I forced myself to finish my plate only to be sick when I got home.

Its annoying when you end up making yourself sick just so your host doesnt feel insulted.

Wasalaam

lumpy milk with skin on it?!

Good God what is wrong with you people - scallops in vermouth, shrimp cocktails, bree cheese, spanikopita

These are party foods

Lumpy milk with skin on it doesn't even sound sanitary!

You should get a medal for putting up with that

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Lol-Yeah I should. One day my consideration to guests/hosts will prove to be fatal for me.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Lol-Yeah I should. One day my consideration to guests/hosts will prove to be fatal for me.

lol yea I don't think being a good hostess extends to accepting botulism with a smile

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lumpy milk with skin on it?!

Good God what is wrong with you people - scallops in vermouth, shrimp cocktails, bree cheese, spanikopita

These are party foods

Lumpy milk with skin on it doesn't even sound sanitary!

lol, wot kinda skin u thinking of? Wink u know wen u boil milk and there's that layer left on top, i think thats the 'skin' that MuslimSis is referring to.

but lumpy custard? ew.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

...I don't boil milk...

Why would somebody do such a thing?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
...I don't boil milk...

Why would somebody do such a thing?

To heat it up. :?

"Don Karnage" wrote:
...yea but why?

Well some people like their milk boiling hot...

The only time I can stand hot milk is if you add honey to it and use it to cure a sore throat...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I've never heard of this before...

Then again British people haven't exactly mastered the art of ice water yet so it must just be some sort of cultural weirdity.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Then again British people haven't exactly mastered the art of ice water yet so it must just be some sort of cultural weirdity.

how will that help a sore throat?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

how do u make hot chocolate? :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Heat it.

"Admin" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

how will that help a sore throat?

That's what cough drops and tea are for

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Swiss miss powder mix!

Thats so very near alliteration it kills me

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Swiss miss powder mix!

Thats so very near alliteration it kills me

huh? i'm not talking about the hot choc powder u use, but literally, how do U make hot chocolate? instructions...

Okay I don't know how to say this any other way without sounding like a spoiled brat so i'm just going to say it.

I have absolutely no idea.

I've never made it before in my entire life.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Okay I don't know how to say this any other way without sounding like a spoiled brat so i'm just going to say it.

I have absolutely no idea.

I've never made it before in my entire life.

:shock: but its the easiest thing ever!! :shock:

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Hook me up then

Lol

but with instant hot choc, u stil heat the milk in the microwave til its almost boiling, so u shudv seen some milk 'skin' then as well if ud made it.

That's a lot more involved than I would have imagined

I don't know if anyone personally knows any Arabs..I've found that they really are the best when it comes to hospitality of their guests.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I don't know if anyone personally knows any Arabs..I've found that they really are the best when it comes to hospitality of their guests.

lol while that's true there is a catch - at least the ones I know are a little [i]too[/i] hospitable. They don't exactly have the hang of "formal occasions," and very often they can be a little irritating with the constant pampering.

ahhh tell me about it!! :roll:

Aunties do not know how to control kids...

Then after they have left, mum always goes on how awuful the kids behaviour was!!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

[b]DELETED.[/b]

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

we have guests coming over frm pakiland

dont even know who the hell they are

why is is that whenever ppl come over frm pakiland they stay at other Paki's home for months and months-why cant they just book in hotels :evil:

i hate having to give my beautiful bedroom up and i'm anti sleeping on the floor :evil:

why do guests expect u to drop everything and cancel all ur plans just because they've come unexpectedely and un-envited

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

why is is that whenever ppl come over frm pakiland they stay at other Paki's home for months and months-why cant they just book in hotels :evil:

i hate having to give my beautiful bedroom up and i'm anti sleeping on the floor :evil:

why do guests expect u to drop everything and cancel all ur plans just because they've come unexpectedely and un-envited

now now....calm down Smile It isnt all that bad, im sure you can have fun showin them around inglaaaind!

you should always be kind to guests and welcoming, leaves a good impression of yourself and your family.

plus there is lots of barakah in the house that hosts people

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

now now....calm down Smile It isnt all that bad, im sure you can have fun showin them around inglaaaind!

you should always be kind to guests and welcoming, leaves a good impression of yourself and your family.

plus there is lots of barakah in the house that hosts people

:evil:

its not YOU who has to make tea and fry the somose's 24/7 and watch ur beloved computer n TV get jacked

our house is like a hotel-if we dont have ppl staying over frm pakistan we have kids that mum or my sister teaches over at our at a daily basis

if i ever open the door i tell say to "get lost mum is not at home"

they always make a mess :evil:

Pages