celebrating xmas?

179 posts / 0 new
Last post

what? you applied for the job when the last one died?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

No (although I would have been eligible if all the cardinals had started chanting my name), my mate asked me to make him a pope hat for a history presentation, so I set to it, and when I finished I wore it around sixth form until it got confiscated because 'people of certain religeous persuasions might have found it demeaning'.

It was funny though.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Who said its wasteful?

Its the trees life-ambition to be a christmas tree in some1's home. And if it gets a muslim home it doesnt care... Christmas may be a christmas festival as MrGrinch keeps repeating but what you are forgetting is the true meaning of christmas... the birth of the baby santa... lol no, its the season of joy, good-will to all fellow men (not women... men). Where you try and be nice and all that polava... sound familar??

It should, its a bit like how we spend ramadan... except with out the fasting. A time to throw away old grudges, and start a new-fresh... so i ask you Admin... ladies and gentlemen of the revival forum wheres the harm in that??

Please point it out?? Bcoz if you look closely and i mean real closely you'll find its that time of the year when people are generally good to others. Kind... not naughty but nice...

No ones asking you to go to church and kneel at the alter... coz thats not christmas... its all about holiday cheer folks. So wheres the harm?

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
No ones asking you to go to church and kneel at the alter... coz thats not christmas... its all about holiday cheer folks. So wheres the harm?

actually according 2 the stage performers who came 2 the primary school i work at....christmas is all about the birth of baby Jesus

The true meaning of Christmas is the christian celebration of the Birth of Jesus (as).

We can do that.

However at the same time, we must distinguish ourselves from the christian celebration.

We are not christians.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

actually according 2 the stage performers who came 2 the primary school i work at....christmas is all about the birth of baby Jesus

theres a reason why they call it a performance.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"muslim_kuri" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

theres a reason why they call it a performance.

point is the kids were being told that christmas is all about the birth of baby Jesus whos mother was mary and father was god!!!!

so why would Muslim children feel the need 2 celebrate that :!:

Im sorry but which part of performance do you NOT understand.

Yes Baby Jesus was supposedly born around this time and thats where this holiday originates... but thats nolonger what it has come to represent.

The same way as we dont believe in God having a son.

Back in BLACK

To christians, it still represents that.

Please do not be condescending.

"Seraph" wrote:
Yes Baby Jesus was supposedly born around this time and thats where this holiday originates... but thats nolonger what it has come to represent.

after the 'performance' the kids were told thats christmas is when Jesus was born and that hes the son of god

it may not represent that anymore but thats still what the kids are being told at schools

"Admin" wrote:
The true meaning of Christmas is the christian celebration of the Birth of Jesus (as).

We can do that.

This is not the true meaning to many Christians, who realize the church started messing with festivals to break the pagan resistance.

Yes we can be of extremely good cheer at the birth of Isa AS, but that's not what christmas
is for most people. For most people its a time of family and friends, a time of gifts not grudges, a time for snow and singing and laughing and smiling and be shiny happy people.

Sure the grown ups try to kill it off with their chardonay and 'office christmas party' shananigans, but the kids still manage to keep ot real.

So I say let the Christians go to Church, all the more snow for us!!! :twisted: Lol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Actually according to christians (as Dave pointed out), jesus was probably born around august/september time.

According to Muslims I think it is around April/May time.

"Admin" wrote:
To christians, it still represents that.

Please do not be condescending.

But we are not christians... we are not native to the UK... yet we dress like them... walk and talk like them... why? Bcoz its necessary to understand them and assimilate.

Answer me one question: Christmas Tree, Chrismas Cards, Holiday Cheer.... wheres the harm???

Ive been asking you that since my first post on this thread... but to no avail.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
we are not native to the UK...

Actually I feel I am native to the UK.

(my dad is 2nd gen and my mum is from india, but Makkah and Madinah are the homeland in my mind.)

British dress is not a religious dress. If it was, we would not be allowed to wear it.

Praying at the altar? where is the harm?

calling jesus christ our lord? where is the harm? After all you are not out there murdering anyone...

The harm is that we are taking part in a diferent religion, that is not Islam.

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
why would you want a christmas tree? jus wana know

childhood nostalgia. Why everyone celebrates Christmas doncha know?! Biggrin

"Dawud" wrote:
"muslim_kuri" wrote:
why would you want a christmas tree? jus wana know

childhood nostalgia. Why everyone celebrates Christmas doncha know?! Biggrin

nah i must have missed out Lol

I sure as hell am not celebrating xams - they are KILLING me!

And in the middle of all this my computer died! I still have 2 papers and 4 tests left!

When they said "final exams" I didn't think they meant it in a mortality sense.

Since you are the second person to crack that joke, I will correct the title, and spare 'Ed any further blushes. (ftr, he had writtted xams instead of xmas).

meltdown?

what were you doing to your pc?

At around Christmas time you don't want to be imitating Christians. You don't want to be doing something just because Christians (including nominal Christians) do it.

Why would you, a Muslim, want to stick a tree in your front window or the back of your living room? It obviously can't be because it looks nice - cos if it was that then you'd have a tree there all year round.
- Why do it a Christmas time? To imitate those who celebrate Christmas.

Tree I think is crossing the line. But if I was invited to eat some halaal Turkey I wouldnt say No.

Turkey is only available during xmas time.

The halal butchers take orders for turkey around Christmas time.

"Beast" wrote:
The halal butchers take orders for turkey around Christmas time.

Exactly. So do ours...

So even though we don't want to be imitating the Christians. Thats the only time its available.

Btw speaking of getting involved in a different religion. What about kids taking part in nativity plays?

I've always used to audition for the part of Mary..but I was never chosen.

Chirstmas is a funny thing, we were at the Church the other day and someone ask the question about Chirstmas and the Vicar himself said that most of the things involve with christmas were Pagan.

The Turkey is fine due to the fact it the only time of year it readily available (always wanted to taste one), but with the Tree and the present and Christmas crackers i personally think it going too far. Why would you want to even celebrate christmas like it done in the West, nothing wrong with having a family get together as normally everyone has a day off, but copying the ritual is going to far i.e buying christmas present. I found the only people who tend to celebrate christmas in this way are normally the more western muslims. Christmas Cards really depend on the situation i guess, don't see the point really but in some situation they do more harm then good.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Quote:
[size=18]The Christmas Experience[/size]

he perfect Christmas tree is bought. Adorned with ornaments and glittering with tinsel, it stands by the window. The stores are crammed with shoppers hunting for presents and the little ones anxiously waiting for Santa.

Busy with Christmas fever, ever wonder wether the Bible or Jesus made any injunctions regarding Christmas?

Ponder upon the following analysis on Christmas, and the Truth will become clearer and clearer.

[b]Does Christmas have Biblical Evidence?[/b]

The word 'Christmas' does not exist in the Bible. The Bible has closed lips on the entire feast of Christmas, with one exception, the decoration of a tree. The Bible itself criticizes the decoration of the (Christmas) trees:

Quote:
"The customs of the people are worthless, they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel, they adore it with silver and gold, they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter" (Jeremiah 10-3,4).

[url=

After the first half of the article, the articles does go on a rampage... Not how it should have been written, but the beginning is good.

i love xmas time we call it 'the holidays' because we sisters and brothers can get time off from work altogether

i also love all the christmas songs and cheer cos we can let our hair down

xmas trees are bad taste so we dont have them

turkey is dry so we only had it twice

we do have special dinners for the whole of the two weeks cos they are the 'holidays' and plus we have two birthdays mine and my brothers in the 2 weeks

we send xmas cards to work collegues and non muslim close friends

we pray for snow cos we love it

the holidays are nearly upon us and i cant wait!

lol well i'm going to enjoy the season once again. I suppose there is nothing wrong with many of the pagan origins of some of the stuff surrounding the actual celebration itself as long as it is recast in a christian light.

Not to mention its an excuse to go to NYC with my girlfriend.

Ice skating and all that.

Hopefully it will be warmer down South though, I have no intention of freezing to death all break long.

LOL-go seems

u and omro have this in common

he'll offer u a Nisan Micra for that post of urs

I love the films that are shown at xmas time and I LOVE the January sales

happy holidays lil sis and Don and good cheer to all

Pages