Zina of the Eyes

It is amazing how we abuse our sight on a daily basis and don't even seem to realise it.

It is one of those sins that is so easy to commit that absolutely not effort is required especially in a non muslim country, not that it is difficult in a muslim country. Everywhere you look there is nudity, we have become so accustomed to it that it's just a part of life. You don't have to be young either, you can be in you 80's with one leg in the grave and the other on a banana peel but still you can commit this sin just as easily as an 18 year old.

May Allah Swt firstly open my eyes to this reality and grant me the taufiq to refrain from this evil as well as every believing muslim. Ameen.

Ameen

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

But zina - sex of the eyes is harmless

My English is not very good

stopincest wrote:

Is it though?

stopincest wrote:

lol at the description.

If it wasn't harmless it wouldn't be haram. What makes you say it isn't?

Thank you for sounding more down to earth, Muslimeen, and thanks for the reminder.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Aziza2011 wrote:
stopincest wrote:

Is it though?

I think so, why not?

well isn't it like a stepping stone to commit further zina

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
stopincest wrote:

lol at the description.

What makes you say it isn't?

I don't see any harm in it

Aziza2011 wrote:
well isn't it like a stepping stone to commit further zina

No I don't think so

stopincest wrote:

I don't see any harm in it

I asked why - asking the reason for what you think, not what you think.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I asked why - asking the reason for what you think

The reason is that no actual zina is taking place

Zina OF the eyes << clearly it IS taking place.

Zina does not always = sex as you described it but, like in this case, looking at something forbidden.

Zina OF the eyes << clearly it IS taking place.

Zina does not always = sex as you described it but, like in this case, looking at something forbidden.

Why should looking at things be forbidden

Cuz it leads to worse things

At the same time it is important to remember that it is not the same as actual zina.

As was mentioned in the famous hadith of the guy who wanted to confess about committing zina, "zina of the eyes" is not punishable as zina.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Cuz it leads to worse things

always?

No but why take the risk?

Just committing zina of the eyes/mouth makes you less innocent and more immodest and leads to your imaan becoming weaker.

You wrote:
At the same time it is important to remember that it is not the same as actual zina.

That's it

stopincest wrote:
You wrote:

That's it

You're using that argument to justify the wrong action. Remember first look is allowed, 2nd forbidden.

No but why take the risk?

Just committing zina of the eyes/mouth makes you less innocent and more immodest and leads to your imaan becoming weaker.

What is there to lose in such act? you may also see such images on tv as well or you may stumble upon them by mistake

ok you're going back to not reading properly/ignoring what's being said, so I wont bother replying.

ok you're going back to not reading properly/ignoring what's being said, so I wont bother replying.

I am reading but there is NO risk of anything just by looking at someone if you don't agree then close your eyes and go about your daily life

Ok you're reading but not understanding, and probably not willing to either.

stopincest wrote:
What is there to lose in such act? you may also see such images on tv as well or you may stumble upon them by mistake

You're assuming that he is Muslim and accepts Islamic ethics and morals.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ameen!

Muslimeen wrote:
stopincest wrote:

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah has written the very portion of Zina which a man will indulge in. There will be no escape from it. The Zina of the eye is the (lustful) look, the Zina of the ears is the listening (to voluptuous songs or talk), the Zina of the tongue is (the licentious) speech, the Zina of the hand is the (lustful) grip, the Zina of the feet is the walking (to the place where he intends to commit Zina), the heart yearns and desires and the private parts approve all that or disapprove it.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

This is the wording in Muslim; Al-Bukhari wording is a bit short.

Commentary: Seeing, listening, walking, etc., are means of committing the sin of fornication and adultery, but they have been termed so metaphorically so that every Muslim saves himself from them. If he does not try to save himself from them, his desires will find support from the private parts of his body; that is, he will incline to immoral acts. If he keeps himself away from the means of fornication and adultery, his private parts will crush his desires, that is to say he will be saved from immoral acts. This is the reason it is said that one should avoid glances, smiles, salutation, conversation, promises and then meetings which occur by stages on one's way to fornication and adultery.

What do we do hide away in a box?
We cant talk,we can't walk, we can't listen to music, we can't watch tv

What can we do?

actually, no the lesson is different. You shouldn't watch lustfully, you shouldn't talk seductively and you shouldn't listne to such stuff with someone you are not married to.

Different lesson totally.

yeah its totally wrong. I hate that theres bloody naked people hanging around everywhere you look, its so disgusting. But what to do , this is white-man country they dont have much morals do they. Hmm, i think its also wrong that muslims nowadays well im talkin teens they stare at eachother, waay too much. thats why they all got bloody boyfriend even the scarfies. - its so annoying when theres someone of the oppo. sex lookin at u, like intently, its like what ya supposed to? bloody freaks around here. and now all tha stupid boys think its okay to stare at scarfies just cause some have set a bad example (well most), what has this world become?

takicha wrote:
yeah its totally wrong. I hate that theres bloody naked people hanging around everywhere you look, its so disgusting. But what to do , this is white-man country they dont have much morals

You don't have to live there do you?
You can live in the Middle East were women are flogged for wearing jeans, would you like to live under that kind of rule ?

Pages