Omrow

197 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
Okay FINE.

If you don't want to admit defeat then we shall have a new judgement.

From [i]Aasiyah[/i]

What do you say to that Angel?

Cannot think of fairer terms than those.

Fine snobby Dave Biggrin

"Angel" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
Okay FINE.

If you don't want to admit defeat then we shall have a new judgement.

From [i]Aasiyah[/i]

What do you say to that Angel?

Cannot think of fairer terms than those.

Fine snobby Dave Biggrin

Very well Aasiyah the job falls to you! Go back a page and you will find it is your job to determine if the word "Insatiable" wouldn't be understood by "most people" and that it's use in casual conversation is unwarranted.

It must be BOTH not understood and imprudent in casual conversation for the chalice of victory to fall to Angel.

Actually Dave I'd write the word "Insatiable" in a Uni essay or article..but I doubt I'd throw it in a conversation. :?

Its a big word.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Actually Dave I'd write the word "Insatiable" in a Uni essay or article..but I doubt I'd throw it in a conversation. :?

Its a big word.

Haha Dave boy there u go, i too wouldnt mind using it in an essay but casual convo, never cuz thats just snobby Blum 3 .......

Dave give up!!!

"Angel" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Its a big word.

Haha Dave boy there u go, i too wouldnt mind using it in an essay but casual convo, never cuz thats just snobby Blum 3 .......

Dave give up!!!

WELL IT'S A GOOD THING SHE ISN'T A JUDGE ANYMORE ISN'T IT?!

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME! I AM THE FABULOUS PIRATE DON KARNAGE!

It appears Aasiyah has run away... can we elect Dawud the new judge?

"Don Karnage" wrote:

WELL IT'S A GOOD THING SHE ISN'T A JUDGE ANYMORE ISN'T IT?!

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME! I AM THE FABULOUS PIRATE DON KARNAGE!

It appears Aasiyah has run away... can we elect Dawud the new judge?

:roll:

One thing I have learn't is to never be in the middle in an argument.

You are guaranteed to lose.

I cannot call anyone snobby.

I can use alot of big words. I try to refrain, but some are just more descriptive, than simply calling others dubm.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=green][i] Bismillah hi-Rahmaan nir-Raheem

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil AAlameen.

(don't know the full Du'a)

Allah Humma Salli Ala Sayideena wa Mawlana Muhammad,
wa Ala alihi Sayideena wa Mawlana Muhamadin wa Barik wa Salim wa Salli Alaih.[/i]Umma Paad.[/color]

Actually, the words insatiable, satiate, and satisfing (sp?) are used by me in some common conversations.

HOWEVER,

I am told I use big words too (Perserverance, D-Pad for example hint hint.) some one asked me to stop using big words, so I said, "regrettably, I decline to Acquiesce." So basically we like big words.

Biggrin Dirol

THEREFORE my verdict is thus:

Whilst I find Dave not gulity on charges of using words that would not normally used in everyday conversations, it must said that while their are instances in which his vernacular represents the calibre of his education, the other half I find, to be a response to (though comically defiant in nature) those complaining of the usage as those words in dispute.

Thus while I believe Dave is not a snob, I believe he occasionally, and skillfully obliges us by playing the part (possibly from experience with snobs).

and in conclusion, segregation is inherantly unequal and I suggest all institutions be desegregated with all delihberate haste.

Are we in Acquiescence? Dirol

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

we will take that as a guideline...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Dawud" wrote:

Whilst I find Dave not gulity on charges of using words that would not normally used in everyday conversations, it must said that while their are instances in which his vernacular represents the calibre of his education, the other half I find, to be a response to (though comically defiant in nature) those complaining of the usage as those words in dispute.

Thus while I believe Dave is not a snob, I believe he occasionally, and skillfully obliges us by playing the part (possibly from experience with snobs).

and in conclusion, segregation is inherantly unequal and I suggest all institutions be desegregated with all delihberate haste.

Says another snob :roll:

"Dawud" wrote:
[color=green][i] Bismillah hi-Rahmaan nir-Raheem

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil AAlameen.

(don't know the full Du'a)

Allah Humma Salli Ala Sayideena wa Mawlana Muhammad,
wa Ala alihi Sayideena wa Mawlana Muhamadin wa Barik wa Salim wa Salli Alaih.[/i]Umma Paad.[/color]

Actually, the words insatiable, satiate, and satisfing (sp?) are used by me in some common conversations.

HOWEVER,

I am told I use big words too (Perserverance, D-Pad for example hint hint.) some one asked me to stop using big words, so I said, "regrettably, I decline to Acquiesce." So basically we like big words.

Biggrin Dirol

BOOOYAH!

THATS ONE FOR DAVE.

Angel - I asked the new guy to judge for us - YOU CAN'T complain about that.

Unless of course he doesn't agree.

So let's let the new dude be the judge!

Or shall we just leave any judgements well alone?

"Admin" wrote:

Sure - unless Angel is chicken of course.

Dawud already said im not snobby - and nobody else wants to judge so if she's afraid of the new guy obviously she knows shes the snob and i'm not!

New guy?

I wanted to let y'all know, that I was reading a Seerah written by Shaykh ul-Islam, and I saw the name Umro bin (a name), possibly a beautiful Companion RA.

Unique?

possibly not. Lol

yup its a name.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Sure - unless Angel is chicken of course.

Dawud already said im not snobby - and nobody else wants to judge so if she's afraid of the new guy obviously she knows shes the snob and i'm not!

lol

Muslimsis said your a snob thats all that matters, Dawud was using fancy words like you, he aint in the position to defend you (plus u both love tigers)

Dave as much as i would love to go on bout how snobby you are i must go to sleep as i have work tomorrow.

C ya 2mor my snobby frend Biggrin nite nite bye/wa-salam

HANG ON!!! HE AGREED!! LOOK LOOK LOOK!!

Timbo!

You have to tell us if the word insatiable is something most people wouldnt understand AND isnt used in everyday conversation

lots of people would understand it and its fine for casual conversation... i dont find you snobby at all

"Timbo" wrote:
lots of people would understand it and its fine for casual conversation... i dont find you snobby at all

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

50 POINTS

I win Angel - Dawud, and a completely new person neither of us have ever met before have agreed.

You lose!

"Dawud" wrote:
I wanted to let y'all know, that I was reading a Seerah written by Shaykh ul-Islam, and I saw the name Umro bin (a name), possibly a beautiful Companion RA.

Unique?

possibly not. Lol

yup its a name.

That name is pronounced Amr. Same as Omrow I would assume.

The translitteration from arabic to other languages is not always easy... especially if the translitterator does not know the word.

Arabic names are always spelt in many diferent ways that are unique...

"Timbo" wrote:
so what do i judge?

What the chinchuanaane-akakakah! sort of a name is Timbo?

It sounds like, Tim, but also like Tambourine...what are you trying to pull, Timbo??? Blum 3

erm... seems a little 'convenient'...

"Dawud" wrote:
"Timbo" wrote:
so what do i judge?

What the chinchuanaane-akakakah! sort of a name is Timbo?

It sounds like, Tim, but also like Tambourine...what are you trying to pull, Timbo??? Blum 3

i'm not but a simple farmer from sheffield

Timbo where is 'east sheffield'?

:twisted:

look folks, lets not get caught up in little details about the man - the point is i'm not the snob, the newbie said so and so did Dawud.

And is this how we greet new people?! With suspicion?!

"Admin" wrote:
Timbo where is 'east sheffield'?

:twisted:

oh its right across from west sheffield

I am a suspicious type of guy... with a few tools available for snooping...

So 'east sheffield'

wherre is it?

"Don Karnage" wrote:

youre right... i feel unwelcomed obviously this isnt the place for me

ill just go away now and never come back

"Timbo" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

lol.

Did you know there was a birmingham in Alabama? and another on the moon?

"Timbo" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

Timbo that's not necessary - they are really nice people, they just are a little suspicious right now because they don'tknow where sheffield is.

You don't need to go.

Pages