The UN declares war on Gaddafi

The UN has backed all necessary measuers short of a full on occupation force to help defend the civilians in Libya and air strikes could start against government targets within hours.

Good news or bad?

Gaddafi needs to go but I dont think there should be outside meddling. I may be wrong on this though, and maybe the world will unite under genuine grounds and not turn this into another Iraq from 20 years ago.

Then again I wouldn't be too angry about a single missile strike that takes out Gaddafi. I doubt that will happen though.

I have a feeling its bad news Beee Sad but insha'Allah, not.

-

Just reading (Why do they spell his name with a Q?)

Also I thought the Sun would be kinda supportive of Cameron but that columnist on Question Time yesterday, was definitely against him! "Cameron has gone mad!" lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

so what do ppl make of this foreign intervntion in Libya?

A good thing?
Bad?

Should Libya be left to sort their own problems out?
Or was foreign intrevention necessary due to gadaffi killing his own ppl?
or are we suspicious of the motives of this UN backed intervention?
Is it about oil again?
why is the uk, usa, france, russia all of a sudden so concerned about libya?

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Should Libya be left to sort their own problems out?

IMO yes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

IMO nobody really knows what the agenda is for these countries but IMO they aren't doing it for the aid of the Libyans.

If anybody was going to help the Libyans it should have been the neighbouring muslim countries military forces. I mean if Saudi can send troops to help Bahrain against their protesters why is it not more important to them to save their fellow muslims.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

and why did NONE of the OTHER Muslim countries leader SAY anything to Ghaddafi?! whats up with that?!?! tell him to calm down and to sort himself out?! why DONT THEY SPEAK UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP??????????????

ARGH

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Uk govt only voted on this AFTER the decision had been made by Cameron. :roll:

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lilly wrote:
and why did NONE of the OTHER Muslim countries leader SAY anything to Ghaddafi?! whats up with that?!?! tell him to calm down and to sort himself out?! why DONT THEY SPEAK UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP??????????????

ARGH

Why should they???

ALL of the Arab states-except tunisia and egypt now-are led by dictators and monarchs, who are crushing oppositions in their OWN countries! Who are they to interfere?!

Gaddafi does whatGADDAFI wants

and anyway

we shouldn't be interfering

if the revolution is meant to happen, it will happen. Gaddafi STILL has so much support, in contrast to tunisia and egypt where the revolution was popular by, I'd say, about 90% of the country or even more

Also
we don't know who the rebels are
the ordinary street rebels tat want change, fair enough, but the ones BEHIND them, who are THEY???
They're talking about arming them now, which is VERY reminscent of the situation in afghanistan where the US armed the mujahideen against the soviets
who subsequently TURNED against them!