Looks or Brains!

137 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
I know a kuwaiti!

Can you believe they actually get paid to go to school?! Something like 2k a month

yeh coz their education system is utterly rubbish... so they revamped it recently, probably trying to get their students back (coz otherwise the rich kids just go abroad for a good education)

lol actually he is abroad... entirely paid for by the government plus a 2000 stipend a month.

So basically 40k in tuition per semester plus an additional 8-10 on top of that per semester.

They must have a loooooot of oil

OR he got a scholarship. i doubt they do that for all their students. Fool

...good point

lol if he got a scholarship he's certainly blowing it now. he has a 2.3 gpa, doesn't do any schoolwork and recently forwent a final to play Call of Duty.

Thats sad

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol if he got a scholarship he's certainly blowing it now. he has a 2.3 gpa, doesn't do any schoolwork and recently forwent a final to play Call of Duty.

Thats sad

oh man. :? that is indeed sad. there r people in the world who wud do anything for the education he's getting... Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I agree.

There are far better games out there.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

May I remind you gentlemen that we are here addressing the important issue of
whether or not it is possible for a female to possess good looks as well as a good brain.

And all you seems to care about is play station 3 !!

Omrow

Salaam

Prophet Yusuf (AS) was blessed with angelic beauty and Zulaikha who was infatuated with his beauty sought to seduce him.

It is said that Zalikha repented for her actions and reformed her ways and married Prophet Yusuf (AS)….By then they were both much older.

Her passion and infatuation with Prophet Yusuf (AS) changed into a single minded devotion for Allah (swt). She started to send a significant amount of time praying to Allah (swt) in solitude.

When her husband inquired about her transformative behaviour she said

“O Yusuf I was infatuated by your beauty but when I realised the truth of Divine Love my heart obliterated all other attractions from my heart”.

Love, whether it is mundane or scared, demands total dedication. The one that longs for their beloved has no time or space for anyone else.

Wasalaam

True. They say half of beauty was given to Sayyidina Yusuf alayhis salaam, but the ulama have explained that this does NOT include the beauty given to Nabi Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

SubhanALLAH the word for the beauty of Nabi Yusuf alayhis salaam was husn. For NABI MUHAMMAD salallahu alayhi wa sallam the word for HIS beauty was Jamaal and this is the same word that is used to describe the beauty of ALLAH.

People, if some of ALLAH's creation are soo beautiful, so wonderful then how much more must my ALLAH be in perfect beauty?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

PPL may not be blessed with looks

BUT...

ALLAH has made no-one imperfect

u may find a habit of 1 irritating

BUT...

they will ALWAYZ have some other qualitys that you will love

wise words indeed.

But sometimes, just sometimes, you find that there is not ONE thing you find annoying or irritating or disliked in a person. You look so hard to find ONE lil tiny thing that you dislike in them but its not possible. Such people also exist in this world.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"musk" wrote:

But sometimes, just sometimes, you find that there is not ONE thing you find annoying or irritating or disliked in a person. You look so hard to find ONE lil tiny thing that you dislike in them but its not possible. Such people also exist in this world.

Yeah some people do become blinded in love.

Every one has faults and imperfections. In my opinion, true love is to be aware of the flaws and imperfections but to love that individual despite them.

Its wrong to be oblivious though.

they do ?

actually yea VERY RARE...1 of a kind

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"musk" wrote:

Yeah some people do become blinded in love.

Every one has faults and imperfections. [b]In my opinion, true love is to be aware of the flaws and imperfections but to love that individual despite them[/b].

Very gud point. Actually thta is better than what I wrote. Yes indeed. EVERY1 has imperfections and indeed true love is to love despite being aware of those imperfections. Having said that, a person can be aware of the imperfections but overlook them and still see gud in the person.

Thank you, lady, you expressed it better than I myself could have. well done.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:
It is said that Zalikha repented for her actions and reformed her ways and married Prophet Yusuf (AS)….By then they were both much older.

i've heard this^ once before... but i never knew about this when i first read the story of Yusuf (a.s.) as a child. i always thought that Zulaikha made du'a that she will be with Yusuf (a.s) in the hereafter, and Allah accepted her du'a but in return for this she will be the only woman in Paradise to retain her old age, something along those lines.

forgive me if i'm wrong, i've always been confused about that^ part of the story of Yusuf (a.s). :oops:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

i've heard this^ once before... but i never knew about this when i first read the story of Yusuf (a.s.) as a child. i always thought that Zulaikha made du'a that she will be with Yusuf (a.s) in the hereafter, and Allah accepted her du'a but in return for this she will be the only woman in Paradise to retain her old age, something along those lines.

forgive me if i'm wrong, i've always been confused about that^ part of the story of Yusuf (a.s). :oops:

I was under impression, in fact am pretty sure, thta in the end Bibi Zulaikha did come into the nikah of Sayyidina Yusuf alayhis salaam.

BUT, it should be noted that the story of Sayyidina Yusuf alayhis salaam is in no way a love story. People, particularly those smitten in love and sinners, have a habit to concentrate on that very small minisucle aspect of the life of Nabi Yusuf alayhis salaam. In truth the life of Nabi Yusuf alayhis salaam is one of EXTREME patience, humility, suffering, modesty. A life of IMMENSE trial and tribulation, a life of humiliation and abuse at the hands of blood relaives and strangers alike. It is a life of public slander or public debasement but SUBHANALLAH it is a life of SERVITUDE. and that is the life of all livies.

May ALLAH make us amongst the true lovers of Nabi Yusuf alayhis salaam becuase indeed He is the Noble One (Sayyidina Yusuf) son of the Noble One (Sayyidina Ya'qub )son of the Noble One (Sayyidina Ishaaq) son of the Noble One (Sayyidina Ibraheem).

Alayhimus salaatu was salaam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

You could be right. Maybe this detail is usually ommited because its not considered as important. Or maybe a difference of opinion exists.

I didn't know the above either as a child. I first heard about it only a few years ago in a speech by Sheikh Tahir ul Qadri.

"Gangsta" wrote:
woah so mani replies.

lol nobody waits ta reply on the revival - within a coupla days a few pages are always added

Pages