IMPORTANCE OF THE ISLAMIC HEADGEAR

IMPORTANCE OF
THE ISLAMIC HEADGEAR

In Tafseer Ma-aariful Qur'aan, Hadhrat Mufti Muhammad Shafi (rahmatullah alayh), the then Grand Mufti of Pakistan, explains in the exposition of the aayat:

"O the Sons of Aadam! Adopt your beauty at the time of every Salaat....." (Aayat 31, Surah A'raaf).

"From this aayat it is obvious that just as the compulsion of concealing the satr is based o­n the command in this verse, so too is based the significance and merit of donning good and clean garments according to o­ne's means and ability.

......Since o­nly concealment of the satr is not adequate for Salaat, but the adoption of zeenat (beauty) is also commanded, therefore it will be Makrooh for a man to perform Salaat with bare-head, bared shoulders and exposed elbows, whether he has donned a short-sleeved shirt, or has rolled up his sleeves."

Islamic headgear is an integral part of the Sunnah, so much so, that a turban will be described as Islamic o­nly if it is worn o­ntop of a qalansawah (topi). Abandoning this Sunnah is a sign of Imaani disaster. It is indicative of the Muslim's drift from Seeraatul Mustaqeem. There can be no other meaning for a Muslim who detests or regards as insignificant and unimportant the donning of Islamic headgear. While abandonment of any Sunnah invites the Wrath and Curse of Allah Ta'ala, adoption of the Sunnah brings in i's wake great rewards and creates vitality and Noor in the heart of the Mu'min. In this regard, Rasulullah (sallall~hu alayhi wasallam) said:

"Whoever protects my Sunnah, Allah honours him with four qualities: He becomes endeared to pious people, evil people fear him; increase in Rizq and steadfastness in Deen."

In Al-I'tisaam, Imaam Zuhri (rahmatullah alayh) narrates that Imaam Malik (rahmatullah alayh) said:

"The Sunnah is like a ship. He who embarks o­n it is saved, while he who remains behind (stranded in the ocean) will drown."

Thus, those who have adopted the process of abandoning the Sunnah will soon find themselves drowning in the raging ocean of kufr, immorality and baatil. Diversion from the Deen and abandonment of the Sunnah is an incremental process. It commences with the abandonment of the Aadaab (etiquettes), progressing to the abandonment of Mustahab acts, then deteriorating to the abandonment of Sunnatul Muakkadah, then Waajib acts and finally it leads to the neglect of Fardh acts.

U bak! i thought u were never going to come bak, its wrong to lie :evil:

Neway maybe you should describe the terms in your post cuz sum people might not understand them ( i do understand most of them) but what does sunnah-e-mukada refer to?

welcome bak.

U married now?

If so where is the cake?

and why two topics on the same subject?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
welcome bak.

U married now?

If so where is the cake?

Did he get married? why go to all the emotional act of leavin the forum if your getin married....u men are weird!

"Admin" wrote:

This topic is about the importance of men covering their head in Salaah.

The other topic is about "shameless girls who don the Jilbaab and Niqaab and drive in cars like immoral Western women".

Its two completely different topics.

But yeah, its good to have you back Med.

I assumed he was going to get married. from his posting style.

Yes there is a slightly dif subject. 1 for men, 1 for women.

IMO it is more important for men to cover their head in prayer in pakistan than it is here in the UK.

In pakistan, everyone covers theior head when they see a superior.

In the Uk there is no such symbolism.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Angel" wrote:
( i do understand most of them) but what does sunnah-e-mukada refer to?

i think it refers to emphasised sunnah,

those sunnats that prophet mohammed S.AW continuously acted upon, i believe its a sin if not carried out

eh med ya married?

"naj" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
( i do understand most of them) but what does sunnah-e-mukada refer to?

i think it refers to emphasised sunnah,

those sunnats that prophet mohammed S.AW continuously acted upon, i believe its a sin if not carried out

eh med ya married?

Welcome back Naj!

No I don't think he is... or at least he didn't say anything to us.

Med - if you got married YOU HAD BETTER HAVE HAD A CAKE!

A big one.

No I am not married.

And abt cake, dave bro, u dont need to wait for a my wedding to get cake, gimme ur add and I send over three tier wedding cake through da post. just dont expect it to taste or smell or look v nice by the time it gets to ur end !!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
No I am not married.

And abt cake, dave bro, u dont need to wait for a my wedding to get cake, gimme ur add and I send over three tier wedding cake through da post. just dont expect it to taste or smell or look v nice by the time it gets to ur end !!

med plz can u hav a look at our replies on the 'True Purdah' thread? jazakallah.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]