Will you be my Valentine?

60 posts / 0 new
Last post

You wrote:

There is nothing wrong IMO for two young married Muslims from celebrating their marriage and the blessings they have recieved. It is something to be celebrated and if such an occasion gives people a kick to be more appreciative, then so be it.

fine fine fine, but why choose valentine day to do that? why not come up with your own special day?

i dont get the point..its so lame...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
You wrote:

For everyone on this occasion, its not for them.

huh?

I've fixed my post. I meant everyone ELSE.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lilly wrote:
i dont get the point..its so lame...

That's because you're not married yet. Wait a few more years. and maybe it will still be as lame as it is now. Or maybe it won't.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

My (white/non-Muslim) teacher was saying how she has never celebrated Valentines day with her husband.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
My (white/non-Muslim) teacher was saying how she has never celebrated Valentines day with her husband.

Give her a pat on her back.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Salaam

Do you think its good for married couples ie excuse to be nice and luvvy duvvy?

Wsalaam. Married couples don't need an excuse to be "luvvy duvvy" and *should* be more luvvy duvvy on other days - they don't need Valentines day really.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

just like you don't NEED ramadan or any other special occasion to be religious etc. THey just help.

Yes, I was just pointing out that people don't need it AND that they should be like that anyway.

But another thought - doesn't it make it less romantic with everyone using the same day etc?

You wrote:
just like you don't NEED ramadan or any other special occasion to be religious etc. THey just help.

+1!!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

You wrote:

You cant compare Ramadan and freaking Valentine day.

and HELLO! you know my psychology. all about micro structure and people having MEANING to things not just following blindly. how this relate to valentine. well..just being *gag*luvvyduvvy*gag* on a day coz everyone else is is SO dumbly-sheepish. Just chose an important date FOR YOU

Identity crisis n shit.

Lol

Valentine's Day is a load of rubbish

like many "christian" holidays

it is pagan in origin

I wish I could find the website for u guys

it's a pagan roman festival
or fertility
where men would flog naked women and the, erm, mate with that person for the night
and if they were compatible, then theyd stay together

Nice!

I got this text i thought it was quite funny. it sums it up!!

ROSES ARE RED,
VIOLETS ARE BLUE,
VALENTINE'S DAY IS WHAT KHUFFAR'S DO,
SHAYTANN IS THE 3RD PRERSON BETWEEN THE TWO,
SO REMEMBER O MUSLIM IT IS HARAAM FOR YOU!!

malik wrote:
Among Shia muslim boys in university and colleges valetine is time for muta. its begins on 13th and ends on 15th. its not allowed for sunnis to do it.
sunni boys miss out on joys of valentine.

Muta, or in other words, eat once and throw away hey, Nice enjoy...
Can married guys wine and dine with this muta thingy of yours???

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Maryam leeds wrote:
I got this text i thought it was quite funny. it sums it up!!

ROSES ARE RED,
VIOLETS ARE BLUE,
VALENTINE'S DAY IS WHAT KHUFFAR'S DO,
SHAYTANN IS THE 3RD PRERSON BETWEEN THE TWO,
SO REMEMBER O MUSLIM IT IS HARAAM FOR YOU!!

Don't worry if I catch em in the alleys I sure will RIPP em to pieces.

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

assalamu alaikum,

i'm married and i'll tell you it's another commercial holiday. i personally think people who buy into this rubbish, married or otherwise lack intelligence. it's a marketing company coming up with ideas to generate more revenue, nothing else. They need sheep to blindly accept the concept. i mean what person thinks buying a material gift on this set date is going to increase the love between a couple, or mark their love for one another?
Why cant we express our love for a partner spontaneously, without given dates when we "actually feel the love".

i don't know about you guys but there are a hell of a lot of days in a year, if my husband only expressed his love for me once a year i wouldn't be happy at all.

it's far better to keep it real, and express love and appreciation when you actually feel it. i dont believe for one minute couples are overcome with feelings of love and generosity just because 14th of feb has arrived, but men in particular feel pressured by this money grabbing society to give their wife/gf a gift just to keep the peace.

Nevermind the fact it has its pagan origins so its commercial and pagan, i say shoot cupid fast!

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

malik wrote:
Among Shia muslim boys in university and colleges valetine is time for muta. its begins on 13th and ends on 15th. its not allowed for sunnis to do it.

So you rejoice in the fact your fellow brothers and sisters are fornicating whilst taking part in a pagan festival double whammy! Sunni brothers and sisters are missing nothing at all, they are too busy seeking the pleasure of Allah.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
malik wrote:

So you rejoice in the fact your fellow brothers and sisters are fornicating whilst taking part in a pagan festival double whammy! Sunni brothers and sisters are missing nothing at all, they are too busy seeking the pleasure of Allah.

I don't think he would see it as fornicating?

no he wouldn't but im sure he wouldnt be cool if someone wanted to do muta with his daughter just for freaking valentines day, what would the guy want exactly just for 1 or two days to look at her beautiful eyes.

well said hajjar!

jazak'Allah bilan

Hajjar wrote:
assalamu alaikum,

i'm married and i'll tell you it's another commercial holiday. i personally think people who buy into this rubbish, married or otherwise lack intelligence. it's a marketing company coming up with ideas to generate more revenue, nothing else. They need sheep to blindly accept the concept. i mean what person thinks buying a material gift on this set date is going to increase the love between a couple, or mark their love for one another?
Why cant we express our love for a partner spontaneously, without given dates when we "actually feel the love".

i don't know about you guys but there are a hell of a lot of days in a year, if my husband only expressed his love for me once a year i wouldn't be happy at all.

it's far better to keep it real, and express love and appreciation when you actually feel it. i dont believe for one minute couples are overcome with feelings of love and generosity just because 14th of feb has arrived, but men in particular feel pressured by this money grabbing society to give their wife/gf a gift just to keep the peace.

Nevermind the fact it has its pagan origins so its commercial and pagan, i say shoot cupid fast!

I agree. I too am married and feel very special and loved pretty much most of the times.

It's hard though, not to feel caught up in this 'love thing' when its so in your face, I remember feeling left out and mentioning to my husband that my sisters fiancee sent her flowers - he pointed out to me, that he reg buys me flowers and does the 'lovey dovey' things often. To do it only on a set day or to do it cos everyone else is doing it, is not real love IMO.

It's the little things, done on a regular basis that hold more weight. Just have to remind yourself that sometimes.

Ocean wrote:
Hajjar wrote:
no he wouldn't but im sure he wouldnt be cool if someone wanted to do muta with his daughter just for freaking valentines day, what would the guy want exactly just for 1 or two days to look at her beautiful eyes.

DAMN! you know how to insult someone! I like that fact that you just tell how it is...

i wouldnt say tht was an insult...faaaar from it! (wht does tht make me I wonder??? lool!)

bilan wrote:
Ocean wrote:

DAMN! you know how to insult someone! I like that fact that you just tell how it is...

i wouldnt say tht was an insult

+1

You tell him Hajjar!!!

Doing something extra on one day does not mean not doing anything any other day.

Hajjar wrote:

But then if Shia's think that muta marriages are fine, then obviously there are fathers out there who are letting their daughters do muta marriage in the first place.

MuslimBro wrote:
Hajjar wrote:

But then if Shia's think that muta marriages are fine, then obviously there are fathers out there who are letting their daughters do muta marriage in the first place.

i think if a girl does do it, the father or any other male figure is outta the picture...or there is some serious money involved...or something other like tht.

Pages