Will you be my Valentine?

Salaam

So does anyone take part in valentines day here?

do you send your husband/wife flowers/gift?

Do you think its good for married couples ie excuse to be nice and luvvy duvvy?

or is it all 'kufr' and we should stay away?

wasalaam

HARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

joking! Urgh..when you read the stories behind V day...you get put off..

not that i need to be put off coz..well...euh...whatever...

hmm...

Im too young for this!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Don't really have an opinion on it when it comes to married couples - It's good because it allows you to show your love blah blah blah but then you should be doing that regularly anyway and don't need to do it on that same day as everyone else?

But hate it when unmarried people go around saying stuff like "I'm alone, no b/f g/f for valentines, Sad Cray 2 " blah blah blah. Can't believe so many Muslims say/think/feel like that.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

give them the alternative of "get a room!" with "get a husband/wife!" and make sure you roll your eyes.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i hear from people all the time tht to 'celebrate' days like valentines/bdays/mothers day is a no-no and to just keep to Eid...but thts not what im gettin from readin the posts???? i is confused!(.com)

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
i hear from people all the time tht to 'celebrate' days like valentines/bdays/mothers day is a no-no and to just keep to Eid...but thts not what im gettin from readin the posts???? i is confused!(.com)

Difference of opinion "haraam! kufr tradition!" or "it's good to show love and celebrate and doesn't matter if its a kufr tradition so long as you're not doing anything wrong"

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

no, its more a difference between soundbites and thinking.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

soundbites and thinking?

To be honest if you need a national rip off day to tell your habib/habiba how much they mean to you then there's something wrong with your relationship.

There's nothing to stop you from seeing it as Valentine's Day; just see it as any day (amongst others) to be extra sweet.

Yeah the story behind it was that a priest (Valentine) was marrying people against the wishes of the Roman Emperor (who was more interested in an army). He was caught and executed on February the 14th; and a few billion people celebrate this by giving cards, flowers and what-nots to each other.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
"I'm alone, no b/f g/f for valentines, Sad Cray 2 " blah blah blah. Can't believe so many Muslims say/think/feel like that.

Lol

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Will you be my Valentine?

No, I do like you but it isn't going to be like that.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

If there is someone you want to impress, Valentine's Day is a well-established opportunity to get out of your comfort zone or into it whateva.

@)>--%------

happy valentines day people!

(i knw its nt monday, but the rose is cool huh????)

I thought it was someone having a heart attack on Valentine's Day. Thanks for explaining. It is kina ku.

bilan wrote:

@)>-%----

trust you to come up with something like this.

@ Joie: hehe, us youngers might not understand your extensive language skills but hey! beat THAT!

people have made mosques, flowers, bunnies (? dont ask...) etc... crazy stuff...

Among Shia muslim boys in university and colleges valetine is time for muta. its begins on 13th and ends on 15th. its not allowed for sunnis to do it.
sunni boys miss out on joys of valentine.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Celebrating Valentines Is What The NON-Muslim s Do, Shaitaan(Devil) is Present Between The Intimate Two, So Remember O'Dear Muslim IT'S Haram For You.

lol

Forget Valentine's day! It's all about Eid Milad Un Nabi on Monday! (after maghrib)

Ocean wrote:
malik wrote:
Among Shia muslim boys in university and colleges valetine is time for muta. its begins on 13th and ends on 15th. its not allowed for sunnis to do it.
sunni boys miss out on joys of valentine.

Lol and ew

oh my god i was gnna extend the stem like u suggested Ocean and then i got confused over whether the stem is the bit between the flower and the leaves or the bit after the leaves!!!! i had a small moment of :oops: there, so someone enlighten me please (and lets never speak of it again!)

@Lilly: i never came up with this! im talented, yes but even i have my limits! it was in a text so i just copied it.

@Malik: i totally dnt understand the concept of muta marriages. it sounds wrong in every single way and i can understand why a guy would love himself some muta marriage but a girl??? unless she was RLLY desperate!
( i need to read up on this)

I wanna visit Malaysia!

and Vietnam
and Japan
and Australia
and...

ok, Malaysia sounds nice.

MuslimBro wrote:

Try looking a few posts higher up.

what is there to be happy about??

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

bilan wrote:

in islam we are told to not immitate the kuffars way of life, valentines day is something the christians adopted from the romans. there are alot views as to how it started but at the end of the day its not something muslims should care for as we should show our love to the people we love everyday Smile

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

You wrote:
Try looking a few posts higher up.

There's too much to read so I just skip sometimes.

Foysol89 wrote:
what is there to be happy about??

For married people, plenty.

For everyone else on this occasion, its not for them.

Foysol89 wrote:
bilan wrote:

in islam we are told to not immitate the kuffars way of life, valentines day is something the christians adopted from the romans. there are alot views as to how it started but at the end of the day its not something muslims should care for as we should show our love to the people we love everyday Smile

There are specifics to this though.

When Islam is adopted by a community, they only have to get rid of acts that are counter to islam, and the rest will remain and become Islamic culture.

There is nothing wrong IMO for two young married Muslims from celebrating their marriage and the blessings they have recieved. It is something to be celebrated and if such an occasion gives people a kick to be more appreciative, then so be it.

You wrote:

For everyone on this occasion, its not for them.

huh?

Pages