[TV] Louix Theroux: Ultra Zionists

Louis Theroux spends time with a small and very committed subculture of ultra-nationalist Jewish settlers. He discovers a group of people who consider it their religious and political obligation to populate some of the most sensitive and disputed areas of the West Bank, especially those with a spiritual significance dating back to the Bible.

Throughout his journey, Louis gets close to the people most involved with driving the extreme end of the Jewish settler movement - finding them warm, friendly, humorous, and deeply troubling.

Tonight at 9pm on BBC two and probably on .

I watched it

Complete jewish extremists who are deaf, dumb and blind to the reality and simply think they are above international law and superior beings!

You can completely understand the palestinian frustration and why they turn to violence as its the only way of defending their land especially when they are treated like dirt compared to the jews who live on their land!

i was sad after watching that....

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
I watched it

Complete jewish extremists who are deaf, dumb and blind to the reality and simply think they are above international law and superior beings!

You can completely understand the palestinian frustration and why they turn to violence as its the only way of defending their land especially when they are treated like dirt compared to the jews who live on their land!

i was sad after watching that....

Exactly. And I only watched 15-20mins of it and it made me not just sad but extremely angry too especially what the guy said at the end, "theres nothing you or anybody can do" - he knows its wrong and does not care.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

finding them warm, friendly, humorous, and deeply troubling.

eh?!

omg! that last sentence! just drove me up the wall!!!

that was so wouah, like, "ive settled myself here, coz there's an arab town there, there, there, and there. if i go there will be an arab town here." oh god! we cant have this now can we?

and the every friday, they know us, we know them. "it's like a ritual" how SAD has this gotten? i bet half the soldiers dont even remember why they are doing it.

and i bet if this conflict wasnt SUCH a religiously embedded one, then, soldiers and palestians would have beocme more or less friends. Did you see them in the town square?
ok, it got violent..well..they ARE soldiers..you cant expect much...

the fire story i got myself confused.
A jew got evicted
there was a house with muslims living in it
the evicted jew burned it?
the fire spread?
the guy whose trees are burning is annoyed at the muslims for..euh...living there?
"and if you think this way i would like you to finish this interview right now"

i hadnt realised that Jews (and it seems Christians) were STILL coming to Palestine, i thought it was just the jews from WWII populating and hogging the place. but people are leaving america and australia to go live there!!? NOW!
how religious...

one of the many infuriating moment. "touristic attraction!! come and visit a REAL Arab village!! with REAL ARABS!!! how exciting!!! but do not be afraid! we have...soldiers!"
that was just a WHAT THE HECK situation.

in conclusion: what's happening in Palestine is extremist judaism.

I hate the fact no one knows about this...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Is it one of those documentries that make you seeth!?! coz tats wat ive herd!

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

ive watched it again.

i would watch it again.

i want to watch more about the Palestinian/ Israeli conflict. Any suggestions?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Salam

Why do you guys always having a go at zionists.

Since I became member here, I have noticed all these anti-jewish comments all over this forum.

Its as if you all see zionism as some sort of contagious disease. Its not!

Zionism is just an ideology like Islam.

There is nothing wrong with being a zionist.

We muslims are should be very close to the Jews.

Our religion is simply an update on their religion.

Islam is a modern form of Judaism.

So lay of the Jews please. They are a very nice people.

Omrow

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Since I became member here, I have noticed this anti-jewish comments all over this forum.

Our religion is simply an update on their rleigion.

Islam is a modern forum of Judaism.

Omrow

Not sure what you mean by this statement, but I don't see any anti-'Jewish' rhetoric.

Omrow wrote:
Salam

Since I became member here, I have noticed this anti-jewish comments all over this forum.

Our religion is simply an update on their rleigion.

Islam is a modern forum of Judaism.

Omrow

Omrow, what is a Zionist? Someone (Jew or not) who believes that Israel should be a state reserved for Jews. Many Modern Zionists also believe in treating Palestinians like scum and expelling them from their homes. That's not the same as Jewish; but it's something definately worth challenging.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

i am in israel, only sporadically checking in here., and want to say it is true that not all zionists are 'ultra-zionists' and that most jews and most zionists are good people, just as most muslims are good people and not many are political nutjobs even if they do change their views now and again. the situation here risks getting dire, over the last few weeks amid all the other mideast turmoil we have seen horrific conflagrations of the israeli-palestinian conflict. mischaracterising whole societies is evil meddling, please refuse to believe it is naive to keep an open mind about humanity, because these words are not merely descriptive, they are very powerful tools for better and for worse. i am most grateful to omrow for what he has written.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

There were some spelling errors in my post. I have now corrected them.

Please correct your own copies.

Thanks.