We owe Omrow an apology this is why...

first of all many months later wham we get a quote on the forum of Omrow saying certain distasteful things.

we also see the Latifah replies to him quite adequately

then at the time the editor also reprimands Omrow on his behaviour

then after both Latifah and Omrow's post everyone thats us totally ignore the incident

now many months later we suddenly notice the forgotten post and only now realise the urgency to bring Latifah back

i read and reread the whole affair and lilsis mentioned the above points in the london terror attacks

we dissmissed her by saying arent you bothered at what Omrow's done

little realising what we were doing

i think we need to get a handle on this and remove the topic from sticky - or at least remove any connection with Omrow

just write Latifah we want you back and same goes for all other members who have left.

please dont ignore this i feel strongly about it

we later said dont persecute Omrow! dont make me laugh - thats all we've done

i am formly making an apology to Omrow

Sorry OMROW we got carried away with the mob mentality

salaam
Seema

ok.

As I have previously said, Its really my fault. I as the moderator should be aware of all this, and not let it happen.

I would like to unstickify it aswell, but It was not stickified by me. Thus I as the mod to change the status.

If not I'll do it in a day or so...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

thank you very much Admin and may Allah give you a great life

I missed this.

Dare I even ask, can I have a link to the thead?

If not, I understand.

It's a shame if she has gone...

Shabz, u can probably find the relevant info/links in the 'Latifah come back...' thread.

Seema,

ur always really sweet in ur approach to other forum members, in this case i gotta say: i'm sorry but i disagree.

the reason we all recognised wot happened so late is simply because it takes a while to realise someone has actually LEFT the forum, as opposed to posting less than usual.

Dave bothered to figure this out (in a quest for a semblance to the old forums, he'd gone to find out wot happened to the oldies :wink:) and wodya know, Latifah's reply to Omrow was her last post on the forum. i dunno bout u, but there's pretty clear connotations there.

Latifah's reply does not erase Omrow's insult. instead of doing the right thing and apologising, he defended wot he said!!

this isnt the first time Omrow has taken the piss out of sisters on the forum, and in my opinion its about time he's brought to account for it.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Yea I really agree with Aasiyah here...

BUT

Seema has a very valid point, which I definitely understand - if Omrow apologises to Latifah, sincerely, and it turns out that this had nothing to do with her leaving - or if any excesses occur against Omrow i'll owe him an apology.

But I just can't get past the fact that was her last post - and I think anybody can see why that would really cut deep.

No objections to the name change of the thread though, this isn't about Omrow it's first and foremost about getting Latifah back - and then about getting her a REAL apology.

i thought you were innocent until proven guilty?

anyways we'll let Latifah come back and tell why she really left. until then we should leave it.

what is more important here now Aasiyah has raised it - i've been getting a lot of people saying i'm very sweet and i dont like it cos it embarrasses me and plus i dont see the sweetness. this is how i am and i think i am very straightforward and insensitive

please dont make any replies because that'll just embarrass me further.

IMO all you guys are great and even when we fight - like friends we make up and hold no grudges.

i think its important that you know how lovely and sweet you guys are and i thank you for making this forum a lovely place

"Constantine" wrote:
Seema has a very valid point, which I definitely understand - if Omrow apologises to Latifah, sincerely, and it turns out that this had nothing to do with her leaving - or if any excesses occur against Omrow i'll owe him an apology.

But I just can't get past the fact that was her last post - and I think anybody can see why that would really cut deep.

No objections to the name change of the thread though, this isn't about Omrow it's first and foremost about getting Latifah back - and then about getting her a REAL apology.

true say.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"seema*" wrote:
IMO all you guys are great and even when we fight - like friends we make up and hold no grudges.

i think its important that you know how lovely and sweet you guys are and i thank you for making this forum a lovely place

made my day

Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ