My CV

Types of CVs saved on my desktop:

The first is a CV with a list of P/T work (and now F/T) - mainly retail - and includes my main e-mail address.

The second is a Education based one - where i include all the experience within schools and with children -and includes my main e-mail address.

Then i have a copy of both of these under a different e-mail address.

Anyway the reason i'm here is:

On the education CV - since i have a gap between the experiences - do i fill these up with retail jobs? and if so I'm currently employed under two sectors - retail and educational - do i put down the retail as well?

I don't usually have a problem with my CVs but it seems all too fiddly now, sigh.

I just have my places of employment listed in reverse chronilogical order with a brief description of the job role. Nothing too complicated.

I thought that it was the covering letter which you were meant to personalise for the job you applied for?

(then again, I have an awful track record job hunting, this current one was handed to me on a plate because I know the people, and the one was handed to me on a plate because someone I knew knew someone etc etc who needed to employ someone...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
I just have my places of employment listed in reverse chronilogical order with a brief description of the job role. Nothing too complicated.

I thought that it was the covering letter which you were meant to personalise for the job you applied for?

Thats what I thought. Not that i've ever applied for a job but ye were taught how to write a good CV. So yeah you only need one and write all the jobs you have had in there. I think.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
You wrote:

Thats what I thought. Not that i've ever applied for a job but ye were taught how to write a good CV. So yeah you only need one and write all the jobs you have had in there. I think.

Guys, if i wrote all the jobs (voluntary, paid - P/T, F/T) i've had - it goes to about 4 sides - and it's meant to be like 2 - that's including education results, job outlines, likes and dislikes - though i limited this to three lines i think.

I defo know we have to adapt the CV for the job if you can - esp if it's for school - they really don't care if you know how to use a till or can stock shelves or give great customer service (ahem moi lol) - they want to know if i know what goes on in school - which i do - sorta, kinda.

Ah i don't want to update my CV.

BAH HUMBUG.

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

LILIO - CV TIME!

(P.S. I still haven't updated my CV since the time that i created this topic e-e-e-k)

Ocean wrote:
  • REFEREES < I wrote out my referees cos I had space Smile

• Don't you always need referees?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I was told by 'CV' people not to put them on there rather, just write 'References available on request' (mainly so they can't contact your employers without your knowledge).

It could be awkward if they contact your current employer where you keep working afterwards (either because you never got the job or changed your mind). Your manager may question your commitment to the job.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Truth's_Razors wrote:
    I was told by 'CV' people not to put them on there rather, just write 'References available on request' (mainly so they can't contact your employers without your knowledge).

You could not put your CURRENT employer on the CV, yeah?

If you're applying for a retail job then obviously you'd tailor your CV and put more retail jobs in the work experience, but with a Education job you'd put more Education experience and it'll probably be longer and more sophisticated. I'm assuming that's where your "calling" is?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

I don't really know where my calling is at the moment, my passion on the other hand is to write - which doesn't pay and is VERY time consuming..

The education part has been put on hold - while i figure out the 'calling' part of it

Marry some rich arab.

Money wont be a problem and if he locks you away at home, plenty of time to write your magnus opus.

Truth's_Razors wrote:
    I don't really know where my calling is at the moment, my passion on the other hand is to write - which doesn't pay and is VERY time consuming..

The education part has been put on hold - while i figure out the 'calling' part of it

A passion to write?? You can't be serious, writers are boring people you don't seems so boring not aleast from your nick you don't. Oh well it's a funny world you could even be gay, a rapist, serial killer anything for all I know...

If I ever have to kill for something, it would be for, "A woman"
    If I ever have to kill something it would have to be, "A woman"

Jack the Ripper wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:

A passion to write?? You can't be serious, writers are boring people you don't seems so boring not aleast from your nick you don't. Oh well it's a funny world you could even be gay, a rapist, serial killer anything for all I know...

LOL writers are so not boring people! Writing is an ART, which makes writers ARTISTS!

and i totally reject all three of your suggestions Shok lol

What exactly do you enjoy doing? - something extraordinary i'm sure

Truth's_Razors wrote:
    Jack the Ripper wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:

LOL writers are so not boring people! Writing is an ART, which makes writers ARTISTS!

He's trying to wind you up, Lois! LOL! Ignore him.
    Isn't writing close to say teaching English? Just an idea Wink

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The Lamp wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:
    Jack the Ripper wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:

He's trying to wind you up, Lois! LOL! Ignore him.
    Isn't writing close to say teaching English? Just an idea Wink

Wind up? I don't think so. Writers are boring...

Truth's_Razors wrote:
    Jack the Ripper wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:

I'd love to be a gynecologist, it will reduce my IQ to a 6yr old but it's worth it...

Bro, do you even know what a gynaecologist is? How would it reduce your IQ? To understand how you think people would need an enourmas amount of patience; a very high IQ and possibly no fear of death! LOL! Blum 3
    Just kidding!

Truth's_Razors wrote:

Art = BORING

You wrote:
    Marry some rich arab.

Money wont be a problem and if he locks you away at home, plenty of time to write your magnus opus.

Lol

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

The Lamp wrote:
    Bro, do you even know what a gynaecologist is? How would it reduce your IQ? To understand how you think people would need an enourmas amount of patience; a very high IQ and possibly no fear of death! LOL! Blum 3
    Just kidding!

summed up JUST nicely lol! Lol

Ocean wrote:
    Truth's_Razors wrote:

I agree with that except that I think writing is an obvious form of art, where they paint the picture EXACTLY how the writer would like his/her audience to view it all whereas a REAL artist would just leave it for the audience to decide how ever they wish to think of a certain piece and in whatever way. Elusiveness and all that.

Do you keep a diary or have you thought of writing a book?

You wrote:
    Marry some rich arab.

Why a rich ARAB? -.-

nah...i have to disagree on tht..i think writing is an art form that i can appreciate a lot more (imo), though i guess tht depends on the likes of the person doing the judging.
    BUT! with a book, there are a lot of things that you have to consider from beginning to end and that requires some talent that does. whereas with a painting...its just there...and u move on. the only thing i can appreciate from art is its prettyness, not the 'weird' art.