Qatar wins 2022 world cup bid

'Cos they're probably the only one not bankrupt ?. One thing's for sure, the bitter Western Qat's out the bag.

a country that is half the size of wales!
not a real footballing country
no real stadiums
94% of qatar is sand!
temp will be 50C!

how will they cater for fans, players, media etc from 32 footballing countries?

daybreak morning show on ITV mentioned the following 'concerns' Smile :
-its a Muslim countries so i take it no alcohol for fans even though they have said there will be 'designated areas ' where fans can drink. As drunks are jailed in qatar

-i take it the brazilian samba girls wont be allowed at the world cup lol will women without hijab be allowed in the stadiums etc

- will gays be allowed

i suppose the above points are scaremongering or are they?

I think a vital part of their bid was that since all the stadiums they build will not be needed in such a small country after the tournament, they will dismantle them brick by brick and then donate them to other countries.

I wonder how many of the countries who could recieve the donations decided to vote for qatar?

It is still quite an achievement.

Go Qatar.

Can I have a Q? Can I have an A? ...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
a country that is half the size of wales!
not a real footballing country
no real stadiums
94% of qatar is sand!
temp will be 50C!

how will they cater for fans, players, media etc from 32 footballing countries?

daybreak morning show on ITV mentioned the following 'concerns' Smile :
-its a Muslim countries so i take it no alcohol for fans even though they have said there will be 'designated areas ' where fans can drink. As drunks are jailed in qatar

-i take it the brazilian samba girls wont be allowed at the world cup lol will women without hijab be allowed in the stadiums etc

- will gays be allowed

i suppose the above points are scaremongering or are they?

Those are very good points!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The really interesting part of this is: What happens if Israel qualify to play in the World Cup in Qatar?