The "Huh? I Dont Get It?" Thread

Whether it's a joke, a hadith, a scientific article, a math problem or a new cuss (just kidding Blum 3 ), post/link it here and perhaps the wiser revivalers amongst us can help clarify your misunderstanding.

Oh but for Islamic matters please link your sources. And maybe make a separate thread if it is something that requires a whole lot of discussion.

Got it? Good.

I'll go first:

Q. When you're sat in a lecture theatre or at the Cinema, which arm rest is yours? The one on the left or the one on the right???

Lol erm both?.. :doubt: actually no, I think it's the right....

Maybe the left? Hm..good question...

I think its the right for some people, and the person towards the left side of the cinema its the left arm rest otherwise that would stay empty. Smile

I use both as I dont like others leaning on my arm rest, whichever that is... Biggrin

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

I slouch in my seat.

And right side if I need to.

Question: why do people think it's cool to use those bluetooth devices but look like they're talking to themselves?

s.b.f wrote:
I slouch in my seat.

Question: why do people think it's cool to use those bluetooth devices but look like they're talking to themselves?

Don't thinks it's because they find it kool, there just too busy with their hands like driving or shopping, plus arm gets tired after holding the phone too your ear to long.

Suhail wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
I slouch in my seat.

Don't thinks it's because they find it look, there just too busy with their hands like driving or shopping, plus arm gets tired after holding the phone too your ear too long.

I haven't seen anyone being busy and talking at the same time.

s.b.f wrote:
Suhail wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
I slouch in my seat.

Don't thinks it's because they find it look, there just too busy with their hands like driving or shopping, plus arm gets tired after holding the phone too your ear too long.

I haven't seen anyone being busy and talking at the same time.

I always thought it might be the one on the right. Since 80% of people are right handed. And i try not to sit next to anyone i dont know anyway, so i can claim both too lol. But recently i had to and was unsure of the protocol.

The whole purpose of Bluetooth is to allow your hands to be free to do other things. But as of late its sorta become a bit of a fashion accessory.

Q. How far east can you go before you're heading west?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
But recently i had to and was unsure of the protocol.

Make your own!

Seraphim wrote:

Q. How far east can you go before you're heading west?

hmmmm.

An even better question: People say that you tend to dream about the last thing you were thinking of, do you believe this to be true?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
An even better question: People say that you tend to dream about the last thing you were thinking of, do you believe this to be true?

Not necessarily - I think you dream about the things that you generally think about a lot (or things that you don't know you do, but probably want - stuff that's hidden in your subconscious maybe)

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Seraphim wrote:

Sometimes.

When its true: ........ - you can add subconscious thoughts aswell for this.

When its not: I had a dream that it was snowing, and I wasn't even thinking of that before going to sleep. Infact, didn't think of that all day.

EDIT: bugger, truths razors beat me to it.

MuslimBro wrote:

EDIT: bugger, truths razors beat me to it.

Great mindsss

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

Seraphim wrote:

Happens to me loads of times.

Is '6 degrees of separation' true? It sounds possible. Sort of. Maybe?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Is '6 degrees of separation' true? It sounds possible. Sort of. Maybe?

The play or the theory?

The theory

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Yes and No.

Q. Why does it snow?

Sephy wrote:

Q. Why does it snow?

Cos it wants to

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Sephy wrote:

Q. Why does it snow?

Cos it wants to

Lol

Why do people lie unneccesarily?

s.b.f wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Sephy wrote:

Q. Why does it snow?

Cos it wants to

Lol

Because it becomes a habit perhaps.

Why do people question so much?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Sephy wrote:

Q. Why does it snow?

Cos it wants to

Lol

To hear your answer Biggrin

Q. Why do some peoples eye lids flicker when asked a question??

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
MakeMeRawr_8TeenF wrote:
Sephy wrote:

Q. Why does it snow?

Cos it wants to

Lol

To hear your answer Biggrin

Q. Why do some peoples eye lids flicker when asked a question??

LMAO never seen that hahahaa!
Must be the effect you have on people or something Lol

Sephy wrote:
Yes and No.

Q. Why does it snow?

Global warming Blum 3

Oh, peoples eyelids flickering looks really weird and kinda disgusting.

Q: why people get upset if you close your eyes when talking to them (you werent looking at them in the first place)

Q: how much worrying about someone is too much worrying about someone.

i feel like reading a book..like the chaos trilogy's third book. or private peaceful... i havent read a book in MONTHS

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Seraphim wrote:

ive heard...that anything u dream about, ur soul actually does for real (once it leaves ur body that is) and that if u have others in ur dream, its your souls 'playing' with each other?????! im nt going crazy fyi....heard more than one person say this...
BUT my dillemma is what if u have the most freakiest dream (which i rlly had!) does that mean my soul is actually doing that????!

confused.com.....

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

I just don't get teenagers, well atleast most of them.
Why do they always have to be like someone else, a pop star, sports fans, brother, sister, cousin, friend, gangster, junkie anyone but themselves??

It's so irritating, I feel embarassed just looking at them..."Don't they have their own brains?"

I'm glad I was never a teenager!!

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

zdc wrote:

Oh, how interesting. What were you instead?

Ocean wrote:
More and more people are living long these days. 90-100 tops. There was a blissful time when being 35 you were considered to be OLD in age! The life expectancy has definitely changed. Of course it's factors like Science and technology (and God's will) that has enabled it to happen.

However only if knew, old age is a curse! I mean NO vision, NO hearing, neurological dysfunction, extremely poor mobility, literally experiencing Hell.

I don't hold political or severely sympathetic views towards wars (civil/international) or occupations or corrupt leaders of nations or mad cow disease or natural disasters and there's a reason behind it; human ecology.

There are far too many humans on earth and I remember studying about bacteria cultures and how they have this natural way of maintaining equilibrium within a culture... Do you guys know about it?

Basically the curve of survival shoots up as time progresses and then starts to fall slowly and then it shoots down and then there comes a point where it levels off. All this because culture in that Petri dish was running out of resources/food/agar nutrition and levels off because some bacteria survived on whatever was left and transferred onto another Petri. So the bacteria start to die off, first it's because it's normal but then it shoots down and that's competition, the survival of the fittest, the one who was strong enough to beat its way through another colony just to get their food too.

See what I'm getting at? It's all meant to happen, this is why I am never surprised to see the bad on Earth naturally induced or through human intervention.

I have a feeling something REALLY huge is about to happen that'll just wipe out a large proportion of human population on Earth. Maybe not over-night. It'll bit a bit like to save a ship, all the slave would be made to walk the plank and consequently drown. I'm not the only one who thinks like that by the way, so don't tell me I'm wrong. I may not be accurate on the details but I haven't stated any details.

Just wanted to say, regardless of what happens look after yourself and let me know what YOU think on this matter!

What are you talking abot? Being old would be great, you can retire, not give a crap about how you luk, pretend to be deaf, shoplift and then say you were just confused and get away with it lol. You'd hold the combined knowledge of all your years. You can actually use the phrase 'back in my day', its not a curse its a blessing.

To die young would be a curse, not having lived a full enough life, not having done a whole range of things, not seeing how people grow up or how things eventually turned out.

You can only hold 'sympathetic' views towards something you lived through. You werent there for the war or the depression so no one expects it of you.

Did you just compare mankind to a petri dish of bacteria? Trust me, we're a WHOLE lot further up the food chain. We pass on alot more than genetics and our potential is far greater than anything you can see under a microscope.

Ever think you're so detached from society around you and maybe thats why you feel this way. War is ugly and harsh, you cant realize it until uv been there. There will always be wars but hopefully not another World War.

Back in BLACK

s.b.f wrote:
zdc wrote:

Oh, how interesting. What were you instead?

A young man with a brain!!

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

If you sleep for 4-6 hours one night (or a couple of nights in a row), then the next night, or a couple of nights later you sleep for 9+ hours, have you made up for the night you underslept or have you overslept?

If you sleep for 4-6 hours one night (or a couple of nights in a row), then the next night, or a couple of nights later you sleep for 9+ hours, have you made up for the night you underslept or have you overslept?

i think u wouldve still underslept, assuming someone should have 8 hrs sleep...but 9+ could mean anything from 9 hrs to 15...so it all depends on exact nrs i guess??

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:

i think u wouldve still underslept, assuming someone should have 8 hrs sleep...but 9+ could mean anything from 9 hrs to 15...so it all depends on exact nrs i guess??

15 hours??? :O I don't think I could sleep for more than 10 hours!

Pages