'I hated seeing my face in the mirror'

Like many 26-year-olds, Jono Lancaster has a job he loves, a beautiful girlfriend and takes pride in his appearance.

But unlike most young men, Jono has Treacher Collins syndrome, a genetic disorder that affected the way his facial bones developed while he was in his mother's womb.

The condition, which is thought to affect up to one in 10,000 babies in the UK, means he has no cheekbones - so his eyes droop downwards - and he has problems with his hearing, so has a bone-anchored hearing aid.

Read more @

Tags: 

Well, sounds like things are going well for him. He does indeed have a beautiful girlfriend.

I read this article...it was pretty sad. Sad
I didnt evenknow such a type of 'thing' (what's it called....ummm, 'disorder' thats the word!) exsisted. Poor guy.

He does indeed have a beautiful girlfriend

lol.... Smile

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

i saw this programme!!!!
it was sooo sad how his parents gave him up for adoption and hes still wants to meet them! but, the programme finished out of nowhere! i didn even see it coming. no 'he met his parents yay, or no he didn, booo!'
but i didn like how people felt it so necassary to keep pointing out to him how his gf was so beautiful so many times. it kinda undermined things a little bit i felt...

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

hmmm very true....

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

I've seen this documentary twice.

It seems to be on at 4am when I'm eating breakfast.

Boring.